Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I dunno, you tell me.
    Facts and evidence? But, what would that have to do with these types of stories?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Facts and evidence? But, what would that have to do with these types of stories?
    I dunno, usually in the actual cases if anything happens, they gather facts and evidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sure it was justified but i will wait for the details. Most cops take their jobs seriously and its only a few bad apples that spoil the lot.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I dunno, usually in the actual cases if anything happens, they gather facts and evidence.
    Yeah but, what matter is the actual investigation when you have public outrage fueled by media? Don't you know how this works? It has to be a the right race of kid shot by the right race of cop, or else the rioters won't show up. They are very pick about what they will loot over. They have standards, you know! They don't just riot and loot for the sake of the loot. Wait a minute...hrm...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Yeah but, what matter is the actual investigation when you have public outrage fueled by media? Don't you know how this works? It has to be a black kid shot by a white cop, or else the rioters won't show up. They are very pick about what they will loot over. They have standards, you know!
    You won't believe the amount public outrage really filters into court cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    well if backward was going toward the poliece, I belive foreward would have been going away from most of them.

The chief is also signaling that the shooting wasnt part of protocol.

I think this cop is done.
    No shit, how many time do i have to repeat, COPS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SHOOT AT MOVING CARS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    No shit, how many time do i have to repeat, COPS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SHOOT AT MOVING CARS.
    I believe it depends on the department.

Iam getting to a point where i believe cops are ridiculed intil they lose there kill virginity thats why they cant wait to start blasting so they can brag about it at the station!

Quote Originally Posted by Sneezeburger View Post
    I believe it depends on the department.
    Its pretty common practice everywhere, unless you feel you want to kill random people in populated area or kill other officers.

Quote Originally Posted by bgdfahrq View Post
    Iam getting to a point where i believe cops are ridiculed intil they lose there kill virginity thats why they cant wait to start blasting so they can brag about it at the station!
    Many, if not most cops never fire their weapons on the job.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...eapon-on-duty/

- - - Updated - - -

Its pretty common practice everywhere, unless you feel you want to kill random people in populated area or kill other officers.
    Didn't say it's not a good policy, I just don't think it's the law everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneezeburger View Post
    Many, if not most cops never fire their weapons on the job.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...eapon-on-duty/

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't say it's not a good policy, I just don't think it's the law everywhere.
    But its apparently not a practice in texas either, none of the other officers fired. The chief just said what he saw on the cam was not protocol either. He shot at a fleeing car of people that he had no idea if they had done something or not to boot.

But its apparently not a practice in texas either, none of the other officers fired. The chief just said what he saw on the cam was not protocol either. He shot at a fleeing car of people that he had no idea if they had done something or not to boot.
    Again, not disputing that. Just don't want people to think that it's per se illegal to shoot at a moving car in every jurisdiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimjinx View Post
    Everything here stands in FAVOR of them. These people were trying to get away and were stopped by the police, they got out of their car and are faced with a police officer pointing a gun at them. They hear gunshots being fired and flee into the car. And to be fair it's not at all unreasonable to flee from the police these days when hearing gunshots, It might just be another incompetent fool who's trigger happy after all. After getting into the car and while fleeing away the officer opened fire upon the car and shot a passenger in the head, not the driver a passenger. The officer clearly couldn't make a clean shot at the driver and thus shouldn't. Even if he could he shouldn't have. Only after actually getting away from the cops they noticed their dead friend. This means the car wasn't used or ever intended to be used as a ram. And as no police officers were harmed or injured in this incident, I think its safe to assume that it was never their intention.

Secondly I can not even begin to conceive how its possible for a trained police officer standing near a car with unarmed people and gunshots firing of not figuring out where the fuck the sound is actually coming from. Even if he couldn't figure out where it came fro he should have know at that point it didn't come from the car.
    100% spot on. But the victim was black so, that changes things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For the record regular cops dont often shoot at moving cars, unless the passengers are also using fire arms, its highly hazardous. Could injure yourself or an innocent by stander. Hell even killing the driver does not immediately stop a vehicle, as most drivers know, the accelerator pedal doesent require a heavy foot. Unless you are in immediate danger, its better to let go and catch them up as a group using cars and blockades. At least thats what the cops here thought me, but im not in texas.
    For the record they certainly will if the car is moving toward them or is a clear danger to others. As a automobile is a very deadly weapon in the hands of a criminal whose intent is to use it to harm others.

10+ Year Old Account
    After reading the initial report and the updated one where the vehicle was moving away I'm left with a question...

The report says that the 15 year old was the front seat passenger and that the bullet shattered the passenger side window hitting him.

As a speculation that would put the officer on the passenger side of the vehicle somewhere between 5 feet in front and off to the side of the vehicle to somewhere lined up with where a backseat passenger door would be in order to hit someone sitting normally in the front seat and shattering the window.

If the officer's intention was to stop the vehicle by shooting at the driver it makes little sense for him to shoot at them through the passenger side window out of the mere chance of hitting an innocent person...which he did.

So my question is -- If the officer was attempting to stop the vehicle why would he shoot through a passenger side from a vantage point where being struck by the car was not a strong possibility?

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Slight update: Car was going forward, not backward
    That's a bit of an understatement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    For the record they certainly will if the car is moving toward them or is a clear danger to others. As a automobile is a very deadly weapon in the hands of a criminal whose intent is to use it to harm others.
    Nope, we dont, there are better way to prevent them from killing others. Shooting is the most hazardeous one. Already explained why law enforcement dont shoot at moving cars.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/jordan-...exas-1.4094894

So no evidence of drinking and driving

Car was not moving towards the cops "in an aggressive manner"

This was quite literally a case of driving while black.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, we dont, there are better way to prevent them from killing others. Shooting is the most hazardeous one. Already explained why law enforcement dont shoot at moving cars.
    Where is, " Nope we don't'?

Deleted
    no dash cam footage ? from ANY of the police cruisers involved ?