Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    SO, it is damned hard to get a group for an M+ already, now they are going to remove any incentive of people a bit above you to come along.

So even fewer runs.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    wut are you on

what are "you" on?

Do you believe Blizzard added the key mechanic for the challenge?
    The actual *keys* you use?

The key was meant to be a "currency" for players.
    Anyway, as mentioned, the whole key thing is completely unnecessary now. I'm pretty sure we'll see people starting the M+ run but leave and teleport back to town, to get the same key -1 now for the next day or something. Or just reset it once it's started, to get -1/-2/-3 immediatly.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-05-03 at 05:12 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    SO, it is damned hard to get a group for an M+ already, now they are going to remove any incentive of people a bit above you to come along.

So even fewer runs.
    Now you have to find people of equal gearing and not expect the group to 3 chest it everytime you make one, shocking i know.

Let's be honest. If titanforging didn't excist nobody would give a crap about the lootchange.
    Its literally the biggest reason good geared players do dungeons below their gearlevel.
    Also, since 7.2 the availability of keys has gone down a lot already, and I only assumme
    This will make it even worse. I don't really care as I mostly run keys within the guild.
    But for people bound to the lfg tool, I assumme this will be horrendous. People saying oh yh good
    Change, I can run keys with people my gearlevel now etc. What do you think will happen when you wipe
    On a boss a couple of times, or if the highest key you manage to clear is a plus 5? You think this will
    Make the playerbase happy, when they could easily get any key boosted to plus 10 in the current
    System? I would think not.

Can't seem to log in to the main site to reply, so I'll post here.

With this, you'll only run any key for more than one chest if you missed a week and need to catch back up to where you'll get reasonable loot again. Other than that, you'll now hit your sweet point (where you know you'll get the chest and a good chance for upgrade) and bounce between 1 and fail chest for loot and AP. Group finder will be full of people looking to only complete the run, yes, but then they'll also feel like failing it next so they can come back for another key.

So instead of dealing with mythic + bailers in any sensible fashion, you're essentially condoning the activity by removing the depletion mechanic. Blizzard strikes again.

I mean, this seems to be ripe with problems (properly incentivizing high level keystone runs especially), but at the very least, with no depletion penalty I would expect people to be more willing to put their keystones up in PUG groups; right now people cling to their keystones because they don't want to risk burning them, effectively ending their Keystone climb/journey that week.

Case in point; I got a Cathedral of Eternal Night +14 I didn't even attempt last week because the higher-geared/skilled people in my guild didn't log on and a PUG was highly likely to burn it, if they even stayed to finish the run at all. Under the new system, if the run failed horribly, I'd at least get some loot and go backwards one level, not as bad a penalty as losing an entire keystone and ending my climb that week.

Deleted
    Our m+ group never chose to continue a depleted key but instead we pushed another as high as we could until every key was depleted.
    Now we can continue "depleted" keys so I like these changes

It's a hard nerf for boost groups though. I think we're going to see much more high level keys in lfg. Maybe the requirements will also drop.
    Like "mos +9 / have gs 915+ or no inv" xD

I see no benefit added to running higher level keystones... We will be keeping the same system, and everyone will be behaving the exact same with a 50% loot reduction.

Do people honestly think now all of a sudden when i'm selecting people for a key i'm going to just grab whoever at whatever ilvl because of this? That seems incredibly naive when I can be more selective and grab 910+ by stretching it out over maybe an extra minute or two. But you only get 1 chest anyway so it doesn't matter! except it does....

in the current system it's very rare people give a shit about what the key turns into they leave immediately after looting, the faster you complete dungeons the faster you can begin looking for another 7-11 key you want to run. Obviously not everyone runs this way but I can't see anything but the vast majority of m+ runners in those brackets being those that hunt for titanforges.

The depletion change is fine I guess, however I could see this being a major blow to the pick up group system, It will probably become way more comfortable for groups to game the system within their groups rather than seek external keys just bouncing between stones and depleting on purpose to keep the best possible loot curve.

It just strikes me as blizzard changing the system for the sake of change well ignoring the actual perceived issue which is titanforging to begin with.
    Last edited by reokotsae; 2017-05-03 at 05:26 AM.

So the trade off appears to be less loot per run, but instead the ability to do unlimited runs with your own keys because they can't ever deplete to the point of being unable to start a new run. As well as the ability to "reroll" your key (Walk in and quit group to downgrade key a couple times then blast through the lower version and beat timer to get a new key)

Overall it looks like a big boon to casual, non-boosting players who often fail their timers, as you now get 2 items instead of 1 if you fail the timer. While being a bad change for poopsockers running 50 dungeons a day.
    Last edited by Assumi; 2017-05-03 at 05:25 AM.

They are going with the same basic design from Trials in Diablo 3, early on. We would run and clear the place, wait for the timer to get low and then kill the boss cuz we wanted to max the quantity of runs you could do with a single key.

And guess what? they changed it cause they knew it was not that fun.

So why the fuck are they adding it to WoW?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    They are going with the same basic design from Trials in Diablo 3, early on. We would run and clear the place, wait for the timer to get low and then kill the boss cuz we wanted to max the quantity of runs you could do with a single key.

And guess what? they changed it cause they knew it was not that fun.

So why the fuck are they adding it to WoW?
    Except it doesnt matter if you wait for the timer to get low

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Now you have to find people of equal gearing
    That's my point - the pool shrinks - yet again. Took me 15 hours to get two M+ runs last week, and that involved using a tank/healer well above our target range.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    That's my point - the pool shrinks - yet again. Took me 15 hours to get two M+ runs last week, and that involved using a tank/healer well above our target range.
    Join a guild

Deleted
    maybe they should raise the 890 gs cap again to +15 or something so people who do +3 chests at 10 won't get mad cuz less loot and actually enjoy the challenge.

to be fair at the top end of key running, you're not running it for loot, as loot is capped at +10 outside of TF..

so for me there is not point running a +13 (the extra AP is rubbish for the difficulty jump).. ideal scenario is get a good dungeon on a +10, 3 chest it with guildies then de-level it 3 times back to +10, and rinse repeat. If the +13 you get is bad, use another guildies key.

So even fewer runs.
    No, it will get me (who currently pretty much only does M+ as DD in guild runs) to eventually play a bit in random groups. I have two tank alts and the highest I ever tanked was a +2 because the community sees everything below 3 chests as a failure.

Deleted
    So we're swapping a mode some people currently find annoying for a mode that actively rewards abusive - as in, promoting unusual tactics (like waiting out timers) in order to circumvent the system - behavior.

Congratulations, you actually managed to ruin one of the very few decent new systems.

It's ironic how the announcement's first sentence is (direct quote)
    We’ve been thrilled to see how positively players have responded to Mythic Keystone dungeons since Legion’s release...
    immediately followed up by, basically
    ...so now we're changing them.
    p.s. Since sub numbers are no longer public it will be hard to track this, but I am completely convinced that if this goes live as is, we will see a major dip in players who are still willing to put up with the grind-fiesta after another fun feature gets gimped.
    Last edited by mmoc0d05e16c33; 2017-05-03 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    So the trade off appears to be less loot per run, but instead the ability to do unlimited runs with your own keys because they can't ever deplete to the point of being unable to start a new run. As well as the ability to "reroll" your key (Walk in and quit group to downgrade key a couple times then blast through the lower version and beat timer to get a new key)

Overall it looks like a big boon to casual, non-boosting players who often fail their timers, as you now get 2 items instead of 1 if you fail the timer. While being a bad change for poopsockers running 50 dungeons a day.
    It's a bad change for just about everyone though, keys are unlimited but time isn't, its less loot overall unless you're so bad you can't even 2 chest a +2, you can still only run X amount of dungeons in a week

and btw it was always 2 items in every chest, even if you depleted the key. so its null change for that.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2017-05-03 at 05:35 AM.