Arms or Fury for TOS?

I'm trying to figure out which spec is going to pull ahead in TOS so I can start making sure I'm up to speed now. Currently I'm fury with 44 traits, and my arms is completely neglected. I just don't want to get down to a week before TOS and go well crap I need to start working on Arms and be like 44 traits when I start TOS instead of like 60.

No one knows at this stage, because a lot can still change. Will be very difficult to definitively say until set bonuses are locked down, item stats locked down, and the arms mini-rework is locked down.

Play what you enjoy more. Arms is being tuned up because it has some fundamental problems, but if it skyrockets ahead of Fury something is likely to be done about it. Fury isn't allowed to suck in PvE much like Arms isn't allowed to suck in PvP.

All we know is that most of Fury's power comes from Nighthold set and trinkets. Fury will be either worse or equal to how it is now.

Arms will be better than now because it can't go worse anyway.

But which one will be better than other? I don't know. Arms' golden trait and T20 set bonuses are better than that of Fury. But I don't know if it is enough.

Just put some AP into Arms. If you have Ayala ring the golden trait is realy very good. Interestingly great synergy with Sweeping Strikes which makes Arms good at Cleaving even now. Some people say upcoming Arms changes will result in an worse play style but almost everyone agrees that changes will increase the dps.

Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waddy View Post
    I just don't want to get down to a week before TOS and go well crap I need to start working on Arms and be like 44 traits when I start TOS instead of like 60.
    The only thing you should worry about is your Legendaries.

Just a fun fact for you. 44 traits = roughly 1.36% of the AP of 60 traits. It also means that the AP you needed from just 59 to 60 would put you from 0 to nearly 55 traits. The way traits scale now it's pretty hard to fall WAY behind if you actually make a dedicated swap and at that point the difference is there, but not nearly as substantial as getting at least 52 traits (the first point in the 50/50 one). If you're really nervous i recommend just fishing for those legendaries you think you'll need (RNG be with you) and then just get to 52 in your Fury, then push for 52 in your Arms, and by that time you should have a better gauge of what you want to play. Generally speaking, if you level 2 weapons evenly, you'll at worst be 3 traits behind someone who goes all in on 1 (assuming similar AP gains).
    Last edited by KrotosTheTank; 2017-04-27 at 09:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm trying to figure out which spec is going to pull ahead in TOS so I can start making sure I'm up to speed now. Currently I'm fury with 44 traits, and my arms is completely neglected. I just don't want to get down to a week before TOS and go well crap I need to start working on Arms and be like 44 traits when I start TOS instead of like 60.
    This question is about 1.5 months too early. Come back in late May to early June for an actual answer.

Any other answer anyone else gives will be 100% speculation.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    Play what you enjoy more. Arms is being tuned up because it has some fundamental problems, but if it skyrockets ahead of Fury something is likely to be done about it. Fury isn't allowed to suck in PvE much like Arms isn't allowed to suck in PvP.

Problem is, if you don't have 4 piece and you don't have CoF and DoS Fury does suck in PvE. and arms is not the best warrior spec for PvP

no one knows, fury, frost dk and frost mage and locks were trash tier the the start of the expansion, now they are the top 4 on most fights.

fire mages,enh, outlaw, shadow priest and arms in EN were beast mode, now you wouldn't get caught dead playing that (shadow is the exception but it was 20% above everyone in en)

I'm probably just going to get my Concordence trait in both weapons before ToS.

If arms comes up ahead of fury im just gonna hardswitch to my ret...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancor65 View Post
    If arms comes up ahead of fury im just gonna hardswitch to my ret...
    Or just stick to Fury because you like the spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiowas View Post
    Or just stick to Fury because you like the spec?
    I'm kind of neutral between the two, I don't have a preference for either rotation so I honestly just want the one that performs the best, I will say though that my characters name is Demaciahh! So, it's a little more fitting if I am Arms speced, but I've already crammed 46 traits into fury and the time it would take for me to start over at this point, it would take me 3 weeks just to catch up to where I am now.

I just wanted to know that fury was going to be the dominant spec but it sounds like they're heavily reliant on trinkets from NH that wont be as relevant once we hit TOS so it could drop off. I like the idea of keeping them both up to speed but it just doesn't seem feasible. Right now I do all of my AP WQ's every morning, do a couple mythic +'s in the evening and that's about all I have time for on the week days. During the weekends I try to get all of LFR done and Normal / as much as I can of Heroic NH along with the usual AP WQ's. At the rate I've been able to farm, it'll take me another 3 weeks to hit concordance in fury which leaves me about 3 weeks to catch up arms and even though I'll be 6-7 higher AK points I'm not sure that's going to be enough.

Not to mention the legendaries people have mentioned, I have 12 days played right now and only 2 lego's so I'm due for another one soon. Right now I have the bloodthirst cloak and the aoe trinket, the trinket can be used for both specs so really I just need one for arms to be able to swap I suppose.

Given my circumstance would you guys stay fury or swap to arms ignoring play preference.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm kind of neutral between the two, I don't have a preference for either rotation so I honestly just want the one that performs the best, I will say though that my characters name is Demaciahh! So, it's a little more fitting if I am Arms speced, but I've already crammed 46 traits into fury and the time it would take for me to start over at this point, it would take me 3 weeks just to catch up to where I am now.

I just wanted to know that fury was going to be the dominant spec but it sounds like they're heavily reliant on trinkets from NH that wont be as relevant once we hit TOS so it could drop off. I like the idea of keeping them both up to speed but it just doesn't seem feasible. Right now I do all of my AP WQ's every morning, do a couple mythic +'s in the evening and that's about all I have time for on the week days. During the weekends I try to get all of LFR done and Normal / as much as I can of Heroic NH along with the usual AP WQ's. At the rate I've been able to farm, it'll take me another 3 weeks to hit concordance in fury which leaves me about 3 weeks to catch up arms and even though I'll be 6-7 higher AK points I'm not sure that's going to be enough.

Not to mention the legendaries people have mentioned, I have 12 days played right now and only 2 lego's so I'm due for another one soon. Right now I have the bloodthirst cloak and the aoe trinket, the trinket can be used for both specs so really I just need one for arms to be able to swap I suppose.

Given my circumstance would you guys stay fury or swap to arms ignoring play preference.
    Your timeline may be ok wrt legendaries, but for AP, as I've said before, you'll catch up with little effort, seriously.

For example, yesterday I got 200M AP. It was primarily from M+ cache, legionfall war supplies (dump them on new AK days unless i cap), WQ (only AP ones), missions, and 2 M+. I was on for maybe 6 hrs and would have gotten a new weapon to nearly 44 traits, in a day.

You say 6-7 AKs, they all average a 30% increase. An increase of 6 is 482.7% more; that's massive. Just doing WQ alone will get you way past your current 46.

Just focus on Legendaries and what you'd prefer to play. The AP will come. As for farming legos, i've found the legionfall war supplies to be amazing for them. I've gotten 4 legos (5 through 8, no BiS yet qq) from those alone. Make sure you do all of the shore WQ for the supplies, imo for legos and AP they are extremely worth it, at current AK each turn in of 100 is worth 2.5M AP, that's 625k per WQ, not counting whatever you get from those WQ.

Quote Originally Posted by KrotosTheTank View Post
    Your timeline may be ok wrt legendaries, but for AP, as I've said before, you'll catch up with little effort, seriously.

For example, yesterday I got 200M AP. It was primarily from M+ cache, legionfall war supplies (dump them on new AK days unless i cap), WQ (only AP ones), missions, and 2 M+. I was on for maybe 6 hrs and would have gotten a new weapon to nearly 44 traits, in a day.

You say 6-7 AKs, they all average a 30% increase. An increase of 6 is 482.7% more; that's massive. Just doing WQ alone will get you way past your current 46.

Just focus on Legendaries and what you'd prefer to play. The AP will come. As for farming legos, i've found the legionfall war supplies to be amazing for them. I've gotten 4 legos (5 through 8, no BiS yet qq) from those alone. Make sure you do all of the shore WQ for the supplies, imo for legos and AP they are extremely worth it, at current AK each turn in of 100 is worth 2.5M AP, that's 625k per WQ, not counting whatever you get from those WQ.
    I'm just an extremely unlucky person, always have been, I do all emissary quests - broken shore WQ's every day for supplies, LFR every week, Normal NH every week, every invasion, and some mythic +'s here and there. I just don't get them hehe. Buddy of mine logged in the other day, did 1 emissary and 1 war supplies turn in and got 2 lego's, I wanted to throw my monitor.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm just an extremely unlucky person, always have been, I do all emissary quests - broken shore WQ's every day for supplies, LFR every week, Normal NH every week, every invasion, and some mythic +'s here and there. I just don't get them hehe. Buddy of mine logged in the other day, did 1 emissary and 1 war supplies turn in and got 2 lego's, I wanted to throw my monitor.
    It's all averages. Don't be discouraged by shitty streaks, it'll only take 1 week where you get 2-3 legos for you to all of a sudden feel like king again. Psychologically too, people tend to exaggerate downsides and overlook positives that they feel are 'expected' or baseline.

You'll get there, there's still a lot of time before ToS and even then, there's still time throughout ToS too; you aren't in Exorsus or Serenity or Method, starting off slightly sub-optimal won't kill you nearly as much as just simply not adapting to your circumstances.

Do both.

Concordance simmed on my Shaman is a 1.15% gain, with each additional point .15%. Concordance simmed on my Warrior is lower than that. Most of us are just a few points away from 52 ap for Fury and with AK boosts Arms will fly and you should max is sometime early in TOS if you work at it.

My gear (I have Ayala's) is just better suited for Arms, and with Fury getting a huge chunk of its damage from 2 trinkets I'm not sure where its going to be in ToS.

My hope is I can max out all 3 specs....putting massive amounts of AP for a 1% gain just isn't worth it.