Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
    The comments on youtube are hilarious. People frothing at the mouth because a black person was cast in a film...

Makes me even more disappointed that Idris wasn't cast as James Bond, the racist morons may have had a synchronised cardiac episode and we'd be done with the lot of them.
    I hope one day they will make a movie about Martin Luther King and let Benedict Bumperdick play the role.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I hope one day they will make a movie about Martin Luther King and let Benedict Bumperdick play the role.
    Is a key component of the James Bond character his skin color? Because a key component of MLK's story is, and I'm going out on a limb here, him being black.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Is a key component of the James Bond character his skin color?
    No. But he has always been portrayed as a white person. Changing that is incredibly stupid.
    Because a key component of MLK's story is, and I'm going out on a limb here, him being black.
    What he said was important, not his skin colour.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

10+ Year Old Account
    What he said was important, not his skin colour.
    His entire life's story revolves around him being a black man. Don't kid yourself.

Also, MLK was a real person. James Bond is a character, and his race is completely irrelevant considering he's been portrayed already by men of completely different looks, ages and accents.

15+ Year Old Account
    His entire life's story revolves around him being a black man. Don't kid yourself.

Also, MLK was a real person. James Bond is a character, and his race is completely irrelevant considering he's been portrayed already by men of completely different looks, ages and accents.
    This kind of jimmy rustling pantie twisting is exactly the reason why I suggested Benedict Cucumberduck to play MLK.

10+ Year Old Account
    This kind of jimmy rustling pantie twisting is exactly the reason why I suggested Benedict Cucumberduck to play MLK.
    There's no knicker twisting here, it just literally makes no sense that you'd shoot a movie about a historic figure but change his race when it's integral to the story of his life. I'm not saying bond should be played by a black man, just that it makes no difference to a story which has no continuity anyways at this point.

At this point you're not really putting forth a coherent argument, you're just trying to start a fight which you won't get from me.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's no knicker twisting here, it just literally makes no sense that you'd shoot a movie about a historic figure but change his race when it's integral to the story of his life. I'm not saying bond should be played by a black man, just that it makes no difference to a story which has no continuity anyways at this point.

At this point you're not really putting forth a coherent argument, you're just trying to start a fight which you won't get from me.
    There is no coherent argument because I wasn't even arguing anything. I also wasn't trying to start a fight, you are the one who jumped from the bushes. I was just merely saying what I'd like to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why people were expecting a lot out of this. Aside from Don't Breathe when was the last time Sony made a good movie?
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    is the crimson king even in this version? maybe since he was erased from reality except for his eyeballs he didnt come back for this round

tbh i was always upset with the crimson king in the books, he was built up the whole time as this ultimate baddy and then he ended up being just a fucking santa clause throwing harry potter grenades and then he never even fought roland, he just got painted away in a bullshit deus ex.

- - - Updated - - -

this isnt an adaption, its a sequel. after roland goes through the tower reality and time resets and things change every time, its perfectly reasonable that he could be black in this timeline instead.
    I always found the king part weird, I've always wondered if he got trapped by a previous iteration.

The change part is extremely vague.... theres some post part with detta surviving in another world.. is she reset too?

Theres also the place he gets reset to.. which seems to be at the end of the first book, but he has the horn so its implied he made different choices while getting there (though seems jake is still RIP). That said, if what changes is his soul and thus his choices, he cant really make any changes till hes born... so he cant really be changing races or parents or date of birth or lineage.

Between this and IT, we're in for a lot of "Man... they fucked up another Stephen King classic" in the future...

Not because of Elba, he's a very VERY fine actor, but because they tend to just fuck up King's stories when adapting them for the big screen. Frank Darabont being the exception, wish he'd be the one behind this and IT...

Quote Originally Posted by scrangos View Post
    I always found the king part weird, I've always wondered if he got trapped by a previous iteration.

The change part is extremely vague.... theres some post part with detta surviving in another world.. is she reset too?

Theres also the place he gets reset to.. which seems to be at the end of the first book, but he has the horn so its implied he made different choices while getting there (though seems jake is still RIP). That said, if what changes is his soul and thus his choices, he cant really make any changes till hes born... so he cant really be changing races or parents or date of birth or lineage.
    its actually the beginning of the first book not the end. the fact that he has the horn despite dropping it in a previous battle and leaving it behind in all the other journeys means at the very least we know 1 thing from his past before that point was changed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Between this and IT, we're in for a lot of "Man... they fucked up another Stephen King classic" in the future...

Not because of Elba, he's a very VERY fine actor, but because they tend to just fuck up King's stories when adapting them for the big screen. Frank Darabont being the exception, wish he'd be the one behind this and IT...
    i think the new it looks pretty good actually
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Not sure why people were expecting a lot out of this. Aside from Don't Breathe when was the last time Sony made a good movie?
    People were hyped because it's a movie of the Dark Tower, and has been in production hell for freakin ages. Then for myself, and a lot of people I know, the hype slowly died away as we found out more and more about the current version, including the fact that Sony were making it.

any tiny fragments of hype I had left died out with this trailer.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

The comments on youtube are hilarious. People frothing at the mouth because a black person was cast in a film...

Makes me even more disappointed that Idris wasn't cast as James Bond, the racist morons may have had a synchronised cardiac episode and we'd be done with the lot of them.
    Okay, now I have to ask: have you actually read the books? Race is stated numerous times throughout the series. It's also mentioned in the books that black people are extremely rare in their world.

Also: the older versions- the paintings done by Whelan: our man Roland is portrayed as white.

It's not racist to want to have some accuracy.

Since this is a "reset" type of case though and the cycle is different this time, I've been leaving that subject alone.

However, if this were a true telling of the story and not some weird sequel, I would be completely irrate about the subject. For many reasons. I kind of enjoyed the whole Roland/Detta thing in Drawing. Plus I just wanna hear Detta yelling, "Honk ma'fa" at Roland.
    Last edited by taheen74; 2017-05-03 at 09:28 PM.
    "When you've got to get down, but can't find the elevator, you have to do it any way you can. Even if it's with a shovel."- Dark Tower II: Drawing of the Three, Stephen King
    Juju's kgpanels: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/jujus-kgpanels Juju's blog: http://mouthygoblin.weebly.com/jujus-blog.html#/

10+ Year Old Account
    Elba is a fine actor, but race does play a big role in the books. At least that's what I thought until I realized that Detta isn't even in the trailer.

Instead of restarting the race argument can you all just go read the first 20 pages or so. It's all been covered.

Quote Originally Posted by taheen74 View Post
    Okay, now I have to ask: have you actually read the books? Race is stated numerous times throughout the series. It's also mentioned in the books that black people are extremely rare in their world.

Also: the older versions- the paintings done by Whelan: our man Roland is portrayed as white.

It's not racist to want to have some accuracy.

Since this is a "reset" type of case though and the cycle is different this time, I've been leaving that subject alone.

However, if this were a true telling of the story and not some weird sequel, I would be completely irrate about the subject. For many reasons. I kind of enjoyed the whole Roland/Detta thing in Drawing. Plus I just wanna hear Detta yelling, "Honk ma'fa" at Roland.
    Have read them multiple times, they're one of my favourite series.

I'm vastly more disappointed that the films a sequel to them rather than a direct translation than with who theyve cast.

However I've long since made peace with the fact that Kings writing translates poorly to film/tv, so literal "films of the book" are always going to disappoint.

The fact that Detta is omitted from the story entirely is of more concern than how she may interact with a black gunslinger (based on the fact she's thoroughly unpleasant to everyone i suspect she'd find a racially negative thing to say even if rolan is black).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i think the new it looks pretty good actually
    If it doesn't have a scene where the boys gangbang the girl I will be disappointed.

Deleted
    To play a white character.
    And as has been established by the wailing screeching masses before, it's racist to race swap a character.
    And that ends it.
    But it doesn't because Hypocrisy.
    Yeah, because when a white guy gets cast to play another race, No one ever complains.
    Shut it hypocrite.

- - - Updated - - -

There's no knicker twisting here, it just literally makes no sense that you'd shoot a movie about a historic figure but change his race when it's integral to the story of his life.
    you mean how this particular character is treated because he is white?
    That's also an integral part of hist experience.

"Go then, there are other worlds than these"
    This phrase alone worth a movie. Can such immense universe as King's DT be squeezed into one movie? Unlikely. Can all this horror of talking with Blaine, witnessing Wolfs arrival, birthing of Susannah-Mia child, fighting with Shardik be expressed in a movie? Very unlikely. The movie itself probably wont be bad, its just DT books are so awesome so it is almost impossible to make a good movie that shows all colors of ruined world.
    What we will get? Another action movie with the name taken after a book it has only slight connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    Thor, but that wasn't is acting but limited script/on-screen time.
    I love Idris in everything, even The Office. Felt very wasted in Thor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    They could not have made that trailer any more generic. Jesus tapdancing christ... I WISH casting was the least of the problems, if they'd cast that jackass McConaughey, but kept the plotline as it was in the books, I would just about have been able to handle it...

But nope, they all but teabag the decaying corpse of what was left of my hopes by boiling the story down to it's barest bones, adding a shitload of pointless action sequences and calling it a day. Fuck ALL of that.
    What if they female washed it... swap in Tati Maslany for Idris and Melissa McCarthy for Matty Mc.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================