Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    Two people died when there could have been zero, I don't feel like looking for good points.
    Let's see. So let us suppose that the guns were not allowed. You know what happens?

A still dies, because B doesn't give a fuck, and C maybe gets out alive, but probably dies as well, because B has a gun and doesn't want any witnesses, and C is law abiding citizen.

It's good that the criminal got shot at the spot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zil-Z View Post
    No, the wording on the article is a little strange. You added a shooter.

Person A = 48-year-old James Jones aka "the suspect" <---shot by C
    Person B = 37-year-old Cesar Perez aka "the manager" <---shot by A
    Person C = Unnamed customer <---shot A
    Oh, okay...
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    Let's see. So let us suppose that the guns were not allowed. You know what happens?

A still dies, because B doesn't give a fuck, and C maybe gets out alive, but probably dies as well, because B has a gun and doesn't want any witnesses, and C is law abiding citizen.

It's good that the criminal got shot at the spot.
    Actually, in such a scenario, nobody has guns, and thus it's much less likely to have fatal injuries on either side.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Did you ever consider the fact that it's just luck to not have D shooting C and E shooting D etc or are you too clouded in judgement to realize that?

I know it's strange to you that there are people who don't carry guns, and said people who don't carry guns don't exacerbate gunfights.
    Those people typically wind up dead in mass shootings..

Quote Originally Posted by Tehshocka View Post
    Did you ever consider the fact that neutralizing person B saved persons C-Z from potentially another Orlando situation or are you too clouded in judgement to realize that?
    If you're going to play the "what if" game C-Z might be the next Hitler. Thanks a lot unknown customer you just let all those Potential Hitlers live.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Correlation is not causation. There are many other factors. The gun is the never the cause of a murder, it is always the human that is responsible for the murder.
    Except it is, when it's a widely and extensively established pattern. But it's okay, you get to keep your guns and gun nuts. Extra loss of human life for freedom, right?

P.S. Of course it's always the human that is responsible for the murder, but it's asinine to pretend that murderers with weapons somehow doesn't increase the potential loss of life.
    Nope, that claim has never been proven and it doesn't make any sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Correlation is not causation. There are many other factors. The gun is the never the cause of a murder, it is always the human that is responsible for the murder.
    We could investigate correlation AND causation, but the NRA lobbied to stop research into gun violence.

So all we have is the data that countries with strict gun control laws have fewer gun crimes that countries with very few gun control laws.

This isn't rocket science. You need to get the idea of "vigilante justice will keep the peace" out of your head.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Those people typically wind up dead in mass shootings..
    A nation with lax gun laws and easily accessible guns at your friendly neighborhood store typically have a lot of mass shootings.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, that claim has never been proven and it doesn't make any sense.
    It has. It's just one of the many facts of actual reality that disagrees with Trump and Trump supporters' brand of Alternative Reality.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

A nation with lax gun laws and easily accessible guns at your friendly neighborhood store typically have a lot of mass shootings.

- - - Updated - - -

It has. It's just a fact that disagrees with Trump and Trump supporters' brand of Alternative Reality.
    So you are just going to ignore the black market that would undoubtedly still be around and easy to access.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you are just going to ignore the black market that would undoubtedly still be around and easy to access.
    So you're saying criminals will break the law? Should we legalize contract killing and human trafficking because "the black market exists to fill those jobs anyway?"

Somehow other countries survive just fine, and with much less gun violence.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2017-05-04 at 06:46 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    We could investigate correlation AND causation, but the NRA lobbied to stop research into gun violence.

So all we have is the data that countries with strict gun control laws have fewer gun crimes that countries with very few gun control laws.

This isn't rocket science. You need to get the idea of "vigilante justice will keep the peace" out of your head.
    You don't need research to tell you why the U.S. has higher gun related murders.

Drugs.

Gang Bangers shoot gang bangers over drugs. Remove those gang bangers from the equation and suddenly you get numbers that look an awful lot like Western Europe.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

So you are just going to ignore how black market gains traction because of how easy it is to obtain guns legally to begin with? I mean, why would the black market need to acquire guns with anything but the legal fashion? It's easier, and best of all, they got a defense for that.

Justice against a murderer is a comfort to the family members. And neutralizing the criminal was a service to society.
    Man if I had a gun, Id have kept this shit pile rolling by taking out the guy who shot the other guy..

Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    You don't need research to tell you why the U.S. has higher gun related murders.

Drugs.

Gang Bangers shoot gang bangers over drugs. Remove those gang bangers from the equation and suddenly you get numbers that look an awful lot like Western Europe.
    Bingo, this pretty much sums up the gaps

Actually, in such a scenario, nobody has guns, and thus it's much less likely to have fatal injuries on either side.
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, just like Chicago. No guns allowed, and still people end up shooting each other with all that illegaly obtained weaponry.

If you think that someone with intent to murder will care about possession charges, think again.

10+ Year Old Account

Drugs.

Actually you would need research to back that claim up.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Man if I had a gun, Id have kept this shit pile rolling by taking out the guy who shot the other guy..
    Thank you for clarifying your lack of critical thinking skills.

Drugs.

Which explains how other developed nations with drugs(legal or not), somehow have much lower gun violence than the US.

Oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I am sure NRA fans just got an erection after reading that.
    I'm sure the "good guy" was sporting wood the entire time, too. I'm sure he couldn't wait for the chance to be a hero and murder another person with his gun. He should look into getting a job in law enforcement.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Thank you for clarifying your lack of critical thinking skills.
    Nope, he just pointed out why exactly having guns only serve to escalate the situation.