Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Guys. Guys. I was wrong. I'll admit it.

Since I've been watching HS streams of the latest Wild Heroic Brawl, I've seen a few decks get played.

Mill Rogue takes skill. There's a lot of counting and planning. Some of it you probably get used too with experience, but it's certainly not as "any idiot could do it" as 99% of other decks.

I was wrong. Some decks in this game do take some effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Hombregato View Post
    So on my time being banned I decided to go full on competitive and I've noticed that aggro decks tend to require more skill than control. For example in an agro vs control matchup, the encounter is totally defined by what the control deck draws. If they draw their answers, the aggro deck lost, if not the aggro wins. In a control vs control the winner is decided by the one who was the more value and while that requires skill, some misplays are forgiven. Whereas in the aggro vs aggro match up, the winner is defined in the early turns so a single misplay can cost you the game. So, in this type of matchup if you don't play perfectly you loose.
    That doesn't mean they require more skill. They have more consistency because what they draw matters a lot less, since their cards are all cheap (unlike control) and often don't require any other cards and can be used right away (unlike combo).

There is a distinction between an aggro deck and a complete face rush deck though, IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by soulzek View Post
    aggro sometimes has to make a judgement call to go for face damage or an advantageous board move (free card kill).
    So does control though, in many cases.

In fact one of the main reasons control decks focus so heavily on removal and board control is that aggro has always been incredibly powerful in HS, to the point that you literally can't leave a minion on the board for more than a turn no matter how weak it appears. That's why sticky minions are so goddamn powerful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.