Deleted

Question regarding Paragon Chest Stacking

Update: the Reputation cap is 19999/10000, you cannot go beyond that at this time.

Hello,

I just wondered if somebody tried it before or if there is a blue post around regarding my question (I couldn't find one). I always try to be as efficient as possible with the resources the game provides. Therefore one my thoughts regarding Paragon Chests was, could I save the reputation and use it all once I reach AP research 50 and collect multiple chests for maximum AP gain.

The first barrier was, to see if Reputation gains are lost once you can collect a chest. They are not. The 2nd barrier now, is what happens when you reach 20k bonus reputation before collecting the supplies. Does it work like a currency system, where you spend 10k reputation per chest, or does it work like a weekly chest, where you can earn 1 each week, but if you do not collect it for a week, too bad for you. I am close to finding out, since I am at 18587/10000 reputation with Legionfall.

I will try anyways, just wondered if there is an official statement how it should work or if someone tried it already.

Cheers
    Last edited by mmocd1c617c26e; 2017-05-06 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Answer found

As for AP it should when looted reflect your current AK.
    I don't know what happens if you collect a container with some in, and then later open it, not relevant in this case though.

So I think not collecting the chests now should allow all AP rewarding items to benefit fully from your AK.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    As for AP it should when looted reflect your current AK.
    I don't know what happens if you collect a container with some in, and then later open it, not relevant in this case though.

So I think not collecting the chests now should allow all AP rewarding items to benefit fully from your AK.
    Yeah, I know about that, but thanks anyways. I always save WQs etc. until a research is completed

I haven't gotten one AP token out of those yet, its all been gold

Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    I haven't gotten one AP token out of those yet, its all been gold
    Is like a daily. You get a chest and an ap token.

Fun fact from past history @OP - all attempts to game the system eventually backfire on gamer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzi01 View Post
    Is like a daily. You get a chest and an ap token.
    Yeah - but the AP token isn't in the chest.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

The real question is why you're wanting to hold back on the AP for that long? Once you get 52 points in a single weapon (Concordance of the Legionfall) the value of every point diminishes greatly. Not only that but you're holding onto all those quests for nearly 3 months (81 days left until 50 AK). Not to mention all the other AP you get from other sources will keep your weapon leveling up keeping the AP tokens you're saving at a constant percentile value. By the time you get to 50 AK, and the level your weapon will be by that time you'd probably be lucky to get even one level out of your weapon from all that stockpiled AP. Not to mention you slow down your current power gain, if only slightly.

Also, as schwarzkopf said, people who try to game the system usually only lose in the end.

Deleted
    exalted chest only contains gold and nothing else

Quote Originally Posted by Khubbo View Post
    exalted chest only contains gold and nothing else
    there is mount, toy, coin and probably a chance for a leg in reput ches

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    there is mount, toy, coin and probably a chance for a leg in reput ches
    Fake news... just gold

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Fun fact from past history @OP - all attempts to game the system eventually backfire on gamer.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah - but the AP token isn't in the chest.
    When in doubt this is good advice. If it seems risky and abusable the best option is to just not. Worst case scenario you're slightly less efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Fake news... just gold
    My storm drake laughs at your fake news. :-P

Also I cheat, 5 alts moves your paragon rep up fast!

Anyway, to the OP. While you do still earn rep while waiting to collect a chest I'm pretty sure that it maxes out at just one chest then 9,999 rep. So it's not worthwhile to just stack rep so you'd have like 15 quests on every emissary ready to turn in for a pile of caches and AP tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuschlig View Post
    Yeah, I know about that, but thanks anyways. I always save WQs etc. until a research is completed
    World Quest List, an addon will display in Blue quests awarding AP which have a duration beyond when the next research will be ready.
    As well as other features related to World Quests.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Strange, how so many people give me advice on things I don't want advice on.
    I asked a simple enough question and it seems nobody knows the answer. Will post what I find out today just if anyone stumbles across the same question.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrosis View Post
    The real question is why you're wanting to hold back on the AP for that long? Once you get 52 points in a single weapon (Concordance of the Legionfall) the value of every point diminishes greatly. Not only that but you're holding onto all those quests for nearly 3 months (81 days left until 50 AK). Not to mention all the other AP you get from other sources will keep your weapon leveling up keeping the AP tokens you're saving at a constant percentile value. By the time you get to 50 AK, and the level your weapon will be by that time you'd probably be lucky to get even one level out of your weapon from all that stockpiled AP. Not to mention you slow down your current power gain, if only slightly.
    I am at 53 points already, and 200 versatility and a dmg buff per point is still good ap spent in my book. it's a simple numbers game. If you can safe those chests there is no reason not to. Unless you need those mounts to feel happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrosis View Post
    Also, as schwarzkopf said, people who try to game the system usually only lose in the end.
    Since there is no blue post how it should work, I don't considering it "gaming" the system or exploiting. Maybe it is intended to work like a currency system where you spend 10k resources to get a chest and a token. If you have a blue post or patch note contradicting that (and please no "that's common sense stuff, nothing in this game is common sense) I would appreciate a link

Quote Originally Posted by Kuschlig View Post
    Strange, how so many people give me advice on things I don't want advice on.
    I asked a simple enough question and it seems nobody knows the answer. Will post what I find out today just if anyone stumbles across the same question.

I am at 53 points already, and 200 versatility and a dmg buff per point is still good ap spent in my book. it's a simple numbers game. If you can safe those chests there is no reason not to. Unless you need those mounts to feel happy.

Since there is no blue post how it should work, I don't considering it "gaming" the system or exploiting. Maybe it is intended to work like a currency system where you spend 10k resources to get a chest and a token. If you have a blue post or patch note contradicting that (and please no "that's common sense stuff, nothing in this game is common sense) I would appreciate a link
    If it was a thing, it would be fixed by now. It's common sense. Blizzard has fixed half a dozen systems where people tried to get an advantage and abuse the system. What you think might happen will not happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I saw someone on reddit I beleive talking about this a few days back. OP in that thread said they tried doing it and stacking the chests but once he had a chest, the further rep only stacked till 9999. So he had 19999 rep in it and his second chest wouldn't appear. I could be wrong since its all anecdotal but seems like it would logically make sense.

PS no need to be condescending in your remarks, it'll help get your questions answered in a better manner (oops was that unsolicited advice?)
    Last edited by Ace192; 2017-05-06 at 12:53 PM.

They haven't made any statements like what you're asking about.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    If it was a thing, it would be fixed by now. It's common sense. Blizzard has fixed half a dozen systems where people tried to get an advantage and abuse the system. What you think might happen will not happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace192 View Post
    I saw someone on reddit I beleive talking about this a few days back. OP in that thread said they tried doing it and stacking the chests but once he had a chest, the further rep only stacked till 9999. So he had 19999 rep in it and his second chest wouldn't appear. I could be wrong since its all anecdotal but seems like it would logically make sense.
    At least the guessing game is over. The real cap is 19999 reputation, just had the same thing happening to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace192 View Post
    PS no need to be condescending in your remarks, it'll help get your questions answered in a better manner (oops was that unsolicited advice?)
    If I ask what color the sky is and people tell me, that the sky is above the earth and planes can fly in it, they give valid facts, but do not answer my question. I fail to see, how that helps this thread. If people always answer questions which are not asked, no wonder people cannot find answers. If that is condescending I do not care tbh
    Last edited by mmocd1c617c26e; 2017-05-06 at 02:58 PM.