Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    life becomes really interesting when you dont even look at the meters until the end of dungeon when you kill the boss then look back on the fight segments and be like "hmm so thats how I did compared to that 910 ilvl dpsper in group". Always try to play at 110% and then compare and analyze at end of dungeon. Instead of pressuring yourself when you see that you're 200k dps below the other guy in dps/healing .

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Happens when you over gear content. When there is nothing to heal and things are dying fast, of course healers aren't going to land any healing on like a blood DK.

If you have nothing to heal you should just DPS. Some healers are better than others at it, but if there isn't any danger..well.. you might as well make it go faster.

Tanks doing more damage than DPS means a couple things. Your DPS aren't good, or your tank is way better geared than the DPS. The only other scenario where this happens is with certain classes that have ramp up when you're doing content that's fairly trivial. Most tanks have decent AoE kits, classes like shadow priests need sometime to ramp up and if you're doing a low tier M+ dungeon, there is a fairly high chance you could do less damage than the tank. Still not a fair comparison though because if it's trivial, well, it's trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by ponies View Post
    I've been seeing so many tanks out healing healers, or healing in comparison to.
    particularly in dungeons. it makes healing feel really crummy.

Blame the meter-addons, I never understood why they are reporting Ignore Pain as healing done, because it's a damage reduce ability.
    It's not actual healing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    Blame the meter-addons, I never understood why they are reporting Ignore Pain as healing done, because it's a damage reduce ability.
    It's not actual healing.
    And it only heals the tank. There's really no point at all to compete 1-on-1 against tank self heals. Why would that matter at all?
    Healers pull ahead in healing as soon as party/raid takes damage, because tank heals don't tend to do aoe.
    And if a tank is self sufficient with heals, then you're probably outgearing stuff - which means more time to do DPS - and that's always good, you can out-DPS the tank :-P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Etamalgren View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...3&type=healing

...I'll just leave this here.

Yes, I'm memeing it up with an absurd gearset.
    What's exactly your point? i can overheal that bear with my tank by 100k hps, and still will mean nothing. On low dmg enviroments, tank absorbs are just insanely better than heals because if you never ever suffer dmg, healers can't heal you. There was a time this was not the case (WoD) and the two classes that healed through absorbs (disc and Hpally) had to be reworked because it was an absurdly broken mechanic that negated some of the hard aspects on fights (for example, the health reduction on Velahri). The way it works now, of course some tanks will outheal some healers cause of absorbs; but it is healthy for intended ilvl requirements and heal balance, which is perfect except for discs that are extremely mana hungry and need 1-2 balance druids; and monk that is underperforming by not a huge margin.

EDIT: wlogs report for "insane healing" AKA cheesing heals https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...1&type=healing
    Last edited by mmocc0105de390; 2017-05-06 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    What's exactly your point?
    EDIT: wlogs report for "insane healing" AKA cheesing heals https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...1&type=healing
    Not much of a point... just posting a log where the tank is doing ridiculous healing.
    Also, holy shit that Last Defender ability is just about cheating with all those adds. Does anyone know exactly how many there are?
    Last edited by Etamalgren; 2017-05-06 at 01:51 PM.

Tanks tank, if they do more damage or healing than those dedicated to those roles something is very wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Etamalgren View Post
    Does anyone know exactly how many there are?
    Dunno if exact numbers but, around 30 crystaline, 4-5 volatile + the boss (~35 enemies). Anyway last defender has dimishing returns, it was nearly 65% dmg reduction and increase which is absurdly broken, but anyways thats not how the boss means to be done and it's just about cheesing.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Tanks tank, if they do more damage or healing than those dedicated to those roles something is very wrong.
    Its only a problem if the tank is healing the grp more then the healer. A lot of tank mitigation (which is their job) shows up as healing because its performed via self healing or abosrbs. This is not a problem....

Tank damage is usually only as high as a dps on aoe trash because most tank abilities are aoe. The super high dps numbers on trash are usually only limited to short windows as well. Once tanks spend resources/use cds the filler damage is very lack luster. If a tank is beating a dps on single target there is either a substantial gear difference or the dps is doing something very wrong.

Tanks doing more DPS/Heal than other dps/healers only happens in very specific scenarios. If it were constant I would agree with you but it's not the case.
    Always check ilvl when you're talking about this, if the tank's ilvl is way higher than the others it will usually outdps/heal them. Apart from this that only happens on trivial content - and it's been like this for ages - and if the tank has some cooldowns and dps/heals don't.

All these logs from Skorpyron were just people overgearing content and pulling a shitload of mobs that couldn't have been done without having more ilvl than you would have at the first time you killed it. Nighthold has been out for almost 4 months right now, people who want to use logs to discuss role balance might as well check EN and ToV logs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    How do you think dps has it in dungeons with tanks pulling absurd amount of deeps?
    unless the tank is way better geared than you it may be because youre a bad dps
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    it's not a problem just learn how to dps when you don't have to heal

or even better put yourself on /follow to someone and afk

If I wanted to DPS I woulda picked DPS in LFD......

Tank Out heals Healer usually ends in tanks yelling SUCK IT UP
    Tank Out DPS a DPS and Tanks usually yell SUCK IT UP
    Healer/DPS able to mitigate Damage and Tanks scream for bloody murder.

Like someone else posted before, I prefer the Holy Triage. Tank is there to Keep aggro. They don't NEED Damage to keep aggro just up the threat more.
    But I've had to change with the times because it's what the Elite want.

On a sidenote anyone ever play Shadowbane? Man those tanks were TANKS. Couldn't hit anything worth a damn but they could take hits like a Mythic Raid Boss

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe nom View Post
    Just heal harder.
    You cannot heal 'harder' when damage is mitigated or absorbed. There is nothing to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    You cannot heal 'harder' when damage is mitigated or absorbed. There is nothing to heal.
    Then DPS and get the dungeon done quicker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, you obviously didn't play in MoP. Geared tanks could be responsible for 100% of their healing during a boss fight, quite often solo tanking mechanics that normally were meant to be split-soaked!

As a Guardian, I remember solo-soaking H Malk, and damn, my healing numbers were huge! same for solo-tanking pretty much anything solo-tankable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by ponies View Post
    I've been seeing so many tanks out healing healers, or healing in comparison to.
    particularly in dungeons. it makes healing feel really crummy.
    That is becuase the content is irrelevant when you outgear it by a large margin. Nothing is balanced around these situations.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can only speak for warriors. I heal for absurd amounts but the heal isn´t distributed. It mostly consists of absorbs on myself and overheal from my wrist legendaries on myself. Also, with the inspiring presence talent, everyone in the raid heals themselves for 3% of their damage. But if nothing has changed, this healing is listed as being done by me, cause I provide the aura. No matter how much hps a tank can pull, he can´t prevent a single DD from ticking down on a dot. If you feel umcomfortable for the number´s sake you are doing it wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Hate tanks especially in PvP, CC, self heals, defensives, like god damn can go a minute in some cases with 3+ people on them

Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    Dunno if exact numbers but, around 30 crystaline, 4-5 volatile + the boss (~35 enemies). Anyway last defender has dimishing returns, it was nearly 65% dmg reduction and increase which is absurdly broken, but anyways thats not how the boss means to be done and it's just about cheesing.

I know it has DR, but that's a pretty absurd amount of damage reduction -- I definitely can't attain that kind of damage reduction without a serious cooldown.