Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Where is the evidence? Alliance doesnt care about reclaiming Lordaeron.

You're the one comparing Slyvanus' forsaken to Arthas' scourge, and you think I am unable to understand the difference? Bad headcanon is bad.
    You don't think The Alliance will jump at the chance to take back Gilnaes and push deeper into Lordaeron?

And Once again, working along side the forsaken allows Kel'thuzad more freedom then working for a lich king that isn't the lich king he knew.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    If you knew the lore, you'd know that she renounced her claim to the throne and is now a priest.
    you dont even need to know the lore... pretty sure she blatantly says it in the only quests she's relevant in.
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    You don't think The Alliance will jump at the chance to take back Gilnaes and push deeper into Lordaeron?

And Once again, working along side the forsaken allows Kel'thuzad more freedom then working for a lich king that isn't the lich king he knew.
    Why would the Alliance want Gilneas? It is a wasteland. Working with the forsaken would not allow Kel'thuzad more freedom than Bolvar's scourge. Kel'thuzad has been loyal to the lich King since Nerzhul was the lich King. The forsaken would't attack the paladins or the red dragons. Bolvar clearly gives his subjects for freedom to kill whomever they please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Why would the Alliance want Gilneas? It is a wasteland. Working with the forsaken would not allow Kel'thuzad more freedom than Bolvar's scourge. Kel'thuzad has been loyal to the lich King since Nerzhul was the lich King. The forsaken would't attack the paladins or the red dragons. Bolvar clearly gives his subjects for freedom to kill whomever they please.
    Kel'thuzad was never really friendly with the Ner'zhul incarnation of the Lich King - as seen in "Road to Damnation" he was seduced by the Lich King's promises of power but when he made the trek to Icecrown he was suborned by Ner'zhul and *made* to serve regardless of his desire to flee. Kel'thuzad actually did develop a kind of friendship with the Death Knight Arthas after his corruption by Frostmourne, and he retained that friendship and loyalty when Arthas went on to replace Ner'zhul as Lich King.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    That tends to be the case with monarchies, and since she's the last surviving child of Terenas Menethil II (that we know of), the Crown is already hers by right. If she chooses to pursue it, her claim to the kingdom will be supported and recognized by the members of the Alliance as well as the other Houses of the Seven Kingdoms.
    Maybe the alliance would. Not the crusade which is a neutral organization. Would they accept Calia into their ranks if she asked? Sure. Crown her as their Queen and suddenly become a royal monarchy? I very much doubt it. The crusade's first highlord was a man exiled from lordaeron afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    you dont even need to know the lore... pretty sure she blatantly says it in the only quests she's relevant in.
    According to Wowpedia, Blizzard removed that line.

A kingdom is made of its people. The Lordaeron you speak of is just a place lost in history. That place is now Undercity. The costs of clean up would be so asntronomically insane not to mention the human lives. It would be cheaper to build an entirely new kingdom somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    "May the bloodied crown stay lost and forgotten." How is that not tainted? And these are the people who loved Terenas so much that they risked everything to make this monument.
    My interpretation is: "the bloodied crown" (which is a physical object we see in his death cutscene) is a symbol of inconceivable betrayal. The line isn't damning towards King Terenas - if that's what you're suggesting. Seems more that it's damning to the act committed by Arthas, and his right to the crown as an heir.

So basically, may Arthas' act and his right as king stay lost and forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I don't think a epitaph speaks for everyone or Calia wouldn't have had to go into hiding.
    Honestly i knew nothing of Calia - or any expanded story stuff that may exist about the Menethil family or King Terenas. I just read her wiki and its a little confusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    "May the bloodied crown stay lost and forgotten." How is that not tainted? And these are the people who loved Terenas so much that they risked everything to make this monument.
    I've always viewed that line as poetically encapsulating the act of betrayal of Arthas' part - the "bloodied crown" being the symbol of Arthas' betrayal and murder of his own father, followed by a wish that the symbol remain "lost and forgotten." Added to the rest of the epitaph it implies a desire to separate the infamy of Terenas' son Arthas from the legacy of Terenas himself (it lauds Terenas and demonizes Arthas).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Oh not this old chestnut!

There is nothing there for humans except broken pride.

No human in Stormwind would rally behind her and most of her people of Lordaeron are either dead or Undead and follows someone else!

You would need a massive army to siege the Undercity and the casualties would be immense and for what? Just so some girl can sit on a bloodied throne surrounded by death and rubble?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    According to Wowpedia, Blizzard removed that line.
    ah, in that case, my mistake. thanks for the correction
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

You must remember there is no body in that tomb of Teranas cause his body was cremeted and Arthas just tossed the ashes away. Plus he sure as shit didnt build a monument to his dad during his time!

So it was the forsaken who built that and it was the forsaken who inscribed the saying 'May the bloodied crown stay lost and forgotten' which meant to me that they loved there former king but its best to now look to the future and forget about the old menethil bloodline and the crown it represents.

How is Calia being in Legion a spoiler? She's literally the first NPC you see as a priest in the artifact quest in content that was available day 1 of Legion. Even if you don't play a priest or have a priest alt, there's no way you wouldn't know unless you lived under a rock since last year.

It is ridiculous how "okay" she is about everything that is going on in Lordaeron.

Like.. she grew up there and everything she ever held dear is gone, but she doesn't get phased by it. Time for a human warden class?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    It is ridiculous how "okay" she is about everything that is going on in Lordaeron.

Like.. she grew up there and everything she ever held dear is gone, but she doesn't get phased by it. Time for a human warden class?
    perhaps she realizes more problems would be made by any she hoped to solve?
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

The best thing for her character revolves around the proposed Eastern Lordaeron solution, i.e. the Knights of the Silver Hand proclaim her as Queen, give her dominion over the territories of the Argent Crusade (as of Legion, a defunct organization), and re-establishes a capital for the kingdom inside of Tyr's Hand. All in all, if they did it correctly, it would open up an excellent set of lore for the region with hot or cold conflicts:

1. Forsaken vs. (New) Lordaeron
    2. Forsaken vs. Gilneas
    3. Forsaken vs. Arathor
    4. Forsaken vs. Wildhammer (Aerie Peak)
    5. Forsaken vs. Quel'Thalas
    6. Forsaken vs. Alliance
    7. Forsaken vs. (Kalimdor) Horde

On top of that, they could redo Alterac as a Forsaken stronghold with three protagonists and/or (depending upon your view) antagonists:

1. Aiden Perenolde (Undead): An antagonist that's determined to undermine his son, the Forsaken, and the Alliance and the Horde for control of the region. His primary purpose for the story centers around ongoing lore via quest content.
    2. Aliden Perenolde (Forsaken): A protagonist/antagonist that was raised into undeath by Sylvanas, given control over the region, and is, by all accounts, Lord of Alterac City.
    3. Isiden Perenolde (Worgen): A protagonist/antagonist that was given the Worgen curse, found by King Greymane in the wilds of Gilneas, cured of his ailment, and set in motion as the Alliance heir of Alterac.

Deleted
    The headcannon is strong in this forum. You give more shit about Lordaeron, a Kingdom that has ceased to exist, than Calia does xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bgdfahrq View Post
    So it was the forsaken who built that and it was the forsaken who inscribed the saying 'May the bloodied crown stay lost and forgotten' which meant to me that they loved there former king but its best to now look to the future and forget about the old menethil bloodline and the crown it represents.
    It wasn't built by the Forsaken. It was built by Lordaeron survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    I'm not going to lie, I'm a little disappointed by the fact that Calia renounced her claim to the Throne and suggested that Lordaeron isn't a thing anymore. It would've been an interesting plot to follow.
    I agree, maybe in a Warcraft 4, that story alone might be too epic to tell in an MMO.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Princess Missfit View Post
    The headcannon is strong in this forum. You give more shit about Lordaeron, a Kingdom that has ceased to exist, than Calia does xD
    ...So it would seem. LOL.

The Forsaken firmly control Tirisfal, Silverpine, Gilneas, Hillsbrad, a third of Arathi Highlands (The Orcs control another third, the last third controlled by the Alliance) and the western half of WPL including Andorhal. Their territorial dominion of the former kingdom of Lordaeron is not to be underestimated. This is without the New Plague, which the rest of the Horde is wary of.

The Alliance is not going to challenge Sylvanas head-on for Lordaeron. It's folly and will achieve nothing short of inviting the Forsaken to plague bomb Ironforge and Stormwind at the very least.

...I could see Tyr's Hand becoming a Human stronghold if the New Order of the Silver Hand took point rebuilding and reinforcing it. The Silver Hand (formerly the Argent Crusade) would control most of EPL (including Stratholme if they make a serious push for it but not the Marris Stead) as well as about half of WPL including Hearthglen but excluding Andorhal (Forsaken controlled). That's as far west as they would be allowed to go but it's still a sizable chunk of land. Plus, Quel'Thalas loses its overland link to The Undercity. That leaves traveling by ship or teleportation unless they work out a deal with the Silver Hand for safe passage through their territory. That's assuming the new faction is neutral, of course.

All that said, don't expect Calia to be involved. Due to the passage of time it's doubtful anyone who knew her and is still around would give a crap about helping her become a ruler. LOL.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D