Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    Do you mind if I stop back in on this post a year or so from now to ask you if you've changed your mind? Because if I'm bored on a Saturday, I might just want to do that.
    Why would I care? You just blatantly said a falsehood and I corrected it. You said the investigation has "died down drastically." It hasn't. We're literally still in the beginning stages. I don't know if it will turn up anything, but stop with your garbage that it's already over when it's just beginning.

We literally know almost nothing about the FBI case except that it's ongoing because it's basically all classified/sealed. Oh look, indictments are coming:

https://www.palmerreport.com/opinion...p-russia/2628/

news from earlier today. Probably not targeting trump but his colleagues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

you dont impeach a president because you don't like him... thats what the vote was for.

tell your hippy parents its not gonna happen any time, let alone 'soon'

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't impeach a President because he offends you, when literally everything offends liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Why would I care? You just blatantly said a falsehood and I corrected it. You said the investigation has "died down drastically." It hasn't. We're literally still in the beginning stages. I don't know if it will turn up anything, but stop with your garbage that it's already over when it's just beginning.

We literally know almost nothing about the FBI case except that it's ongoing because it's basically all classified/sealed. Oh look, indictments are coming:

https://www.palmerreport.com/opinion...p-russia/2628/

news from earlier today. Probably not targeting trump but his colleagues.
    No no, it has died down. What you're talking about are the smoldering embers of a once-raging fire, which consumed nothing of import. That is, if you consider evidence against Trump himself as important. I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but you might be chasing ghosts. This is somewhat similar to the "This is how Bernie could still win" meme.

Anyway, getting to the point, it's died down to the general populace. People fervently gobbling up all the bits and pieces of news might be tricked into thinking that it's a much bigger deal than it is, but the Trump-Russia narrative has seen a decided and marked decline in the last month or so in regular news broadcast.

No no, it has died down. What you're talking about are the smoldering embers of a once-raging fire, which consumed nothing of import. That is, if you consider evidence against Trump himself as important. I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but you might be chasing ghosts. This is somewhat similar to the "This is how Bernie could still win" meme.

Anyway, getting to the point, it's died down to the general populace. People fervently gobbling up all the bits and pieces of news might be tricked into thinking that it's a much bigger deal than it is, but the Trump-Russia narrative has seen a decided and marked decline in the last month or so in regular news broadcast.
    It's a good thing it doesn't matter if it dies in the media (which isn't really true, as it's still being reported on every day) as far as criminal indictments go. Which, again, are coming, as linked in previous post. YOU may not be paying attention to it, but you're basically nobody.

It's a good thing it doesn't matter if it dies in the media (which isn't really true, as it's still being reported on every day) as far as criminal indictments go. Which, again, are coming, as linked in previous post. YOU may not be paying attention to it, but you're basically nobody.
    Time will tell, friend, but I'm giving you a free tip: If direct ties between Russia and Trump haven't been leaked by now, they don't exist. Evidence might trim the edges, but if Trump has gone this long without damning evidence of collusion between him and Russia, there's a really good chance it doesn't exist.

Time will tell, friend, but I'm giving you a free tip: If direct ties between Russia and Trump haven't been leaked by now, they don't exist. They might trim the edges, but if Trump has gone this long without damning evidence of collusion between him and Russia, there's a really good chance it doesn't exist.
    Again, indictments. No clue what the hell you're talking about.

Again, indictments. No clue what the hell you're talking about.
    Well, my original post was in reply to Skroe about Trump-Russia ties, which you then replied to. I assumed that's what we were talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by putridegaming View Post
    He won't get impeached. Bill Clinton didn't get impeached, Hillary didn't get indited and Obama didn't get impeached for lying about Benghazi either. Same with bush Jr and Reagan. Nixon maybe if had stayed longer but he dodged the bullet by resigning.
    If for some magical reason he does then congress now has a man who seriously questions LGBTQ rights. While i generally like pence and wish he would run for presidency I understand that it would be too costly and risky to try.

Bill Clinton 100% did get impeached.
    inb4 you don't know what impeached means.

OT: Trump may or not be impeached, but that's not the important question. The important question is do we WANT him removed from office? Because while fundamentally we want him removed from office, the fact that Pence becomes President if that happens is the reality. You can't separate the two things; Trump removed and Pence becoming President.

While the former would be great, the latter is the worst possible thing for the country.
    Last edited by xGLxAnubis; 2017-05-07 at 05:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Well, my original post was in reply to Skroe about Trump-Russia ties, which you then replied to. I assumed that's what we were talking about.
    It's okay to admit that you're wrong and you have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    I doubt it'll happen. It's just going to be a few more years of hysterical nonsense from the Left until they field an electable candidate next time. If not, it's going to be another 4 years of the same childishness. Is 7-8 more years going to be enough for the Left to ruin or reform itself? We'll have to wait and see. With 'impeach Trump' spam, I don't think it's going to happen.
    The real question remains... childishness from which side of the political spectrum?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by putridegaming View Post
    He won't get impeached. Bill Clinton didn't get impeached, Hillary didn't get indited and Obama didn't get impeached for lying about Benghazi either. Same with bush Jr and Reagan. Nixon maybe if had stayed longer but he dodged the bullet by resigning.
    If for some magical reason he does then congress now has a man who seriously questions LGBTQ rights. While i generally like pence and wish he would run for presidency I understand that it would be too costly and risky to try.
    Yes trump will likely resign and pence will likely grant him a pardon if it comes to it. Reagan literally commited treason and boo diddly happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Actually, Bill Clinton did get impeached. Look it up and behold the truth. He was impeached by the Senate.
    By the house. Not convicted by the senate.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Actually, Bill Clinton did get impeached. Look it up and behold the truth. He was impeached by the Senate.
    Did you quote the wrong person? I said he did get impeached.

- - - Updated - - -

By the house. Not convicted by the senate.
    Impeachment and conviction are two separate things. You can't be impeached by the Senate, only the House.
    Edit: I think we're in agreement, I believe now that you were correcting the quoted person who said 'Impeached by the senate.' My b.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "There is a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part. You can't even passively take part! And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop! And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it — that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" -Mario Savio

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    He probably meant to quote the guy you quoted. But it's allybeboba so... you get what you get.

- - - Updated - - -

Impeachment and conviction are two separate things. You can't be impeached by the Senate, only the House.
    Right, which is what I was correcting.

The house impeaches (brings charges to the senate), the senate convicts or doesn't.

My error, I misread. I thought you stated he did not.

Honestly, as much as I hate him, I'd rather he just stay in, so we don't get PENCE. That, or kill Pence and Impeach Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    Wait what?? So your telling me if the country doesnt like the president, we cant get him impeached? So what will it take then?
    Violent uprisings.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Violent uprisings.
    We had those right after the election. The losers weren't happy they lost.
    Pretty unbelievable. People actually cried too.