"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I dunno, I stuck with AoS longer than most folks I know. It's like playing the slot machine and they just keep resetting things to try to win. I think folks that like the show now just really bought into it early on. As long as they enjoy it, good for them, but I don't see it ever really drawing folks back.
    I lost interest in AoS last year. It was just too boring. (And that whole "Inhuman" bullshit was annoying) I admit I perked up a bit at the Ghost Rider arc, and it did have a few moments of cool, but overall it was so light-hearted I had to wonder if they knew what they were doing to begin with. As for GotG...I may look at that in a few weeks if I'm bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    It's REALLY worth pushing on IMO. Season three and four are both excellent, and actually address that last point you made quite well, even though it wont seem like it to start.
    Nyah, I've read some stuff with the newer episodes, don't see it going anywhere, I don't care what they use to justify Ward being in the show. Not that he's the only meh one.

And Lucifer does count as a comic book show, but I can't get into it, mostly because I was such a huge fan of the Neil Gaiman version of the character (which this show was originally meant to be about) that I can't handle the changes they made.
    Luckily for me I've always been able to separate media. Sure I can say a book was better than it's adaptation, but it doesn't mean I can't enjoy both in different ways. Lucifer is a fun show, same with iZombie, and neither has more than a passing relation to their source I believe.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Iwan Rheon is playing Maximus... I suddenly got very excited for this series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Luckily for me I've always been able to separate media. Sure I can say a book was better than it's adaptation, but it doesn't mean I can't enjoy both in different ways. Lucifer is a fun show, same with iZombie, and neither has more than a passing relation to their source I believe.
    I've heard good things about iZombie. It's been sitting on my Netflix list for a while now and I've never gotten around to it. Worth starting?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I've heard good things about iZombie. It's been sitting on my Netflix list for a while now and I've never gotten around to it. Worth starting?
    It's a procedural cop show at its core but it's very fun
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I like iZombie in batches, rather than weekly, but it has a good sense of humor and is a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Iwan Rheon is playing Maximus... I suddenly got very excited for this series.
    The question is will he be able to carry the show.

Black bolt is played by the lead from hell on wheels no idea if he is good, and he isn't going to talk anyway.

Medusa's actress is good but he wig costume hell entire desighn is terrible, same goes for Crystal i hope they arn't stuck with those outfits.

Wikipidea says Lockjaw will be in so there is that.

I did see GotG2 today, my take is that it was Excellent, but not sure if Top 5. Further commentary in the GotG2 thread.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    It's a procedural cop show at its core but it's very fun
    Very fun is good. I need something light to watch now I've finished binging Fresh Prince.

I like iZombie in batches, rather than weekly, but it has a good sense of humor and is a lot of fun.
    Well I've got it all on Netflix, so batch watching is my natural style. I need something funny to watch, so I think this will be top of the queue.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I've got it all on Netflix, so batch watching is my natural style. I need something funny to watch, so I think this will be top of the queue.
    It has enough of a subplot/mythos in the first 2 seasons to binge watch imo. It's nothing like the comics, but that's a good thing b/c it wouldn't translate to TV very well. Plus, many of the supporting characters, especially Ravi, make it quite enjoyable. Surprisingly even the total douche character is given personality and nerd humor moments. I think it's a pretty good show.
    BAD WOLF

There's a balance in procedurals, you have the case of the week, but have to balance metaplot. Lots of shows have this huge metaplot that they then just... ignore every now and then. Lucifer and iZombie both do well balancing things and the metaplot moves along while the individual stories are there as well. iZombie is a good cast and she does well with varied "personalities". Lucifer is mostly hinged on the lead, though Mayze and the cop are also good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do need a solid metaplot. I'm okay with the Case of the week stuff, but there has to be something greater going on, or I'll quickly lose interest.

Only show that has kept my interest despite having basically no overarching plot is Scorpion. Even that is mostly to do with the characters.

Deleted
    I do need a solid metaplot.
    Only show that has kept my interest ... is Scorpion.
    Oh the irony can we now get back to marvel?

Me and my kid loved Gotg2. Cant wait for part 3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Oh the irony can we now get back to marvel?
    I'm failing to see any irony there...

And yeah, GoTG2 was excellent, easily surpassed the first one, for me at least. I'm super hyped for Volume 2, knowing that James Gunn is in charge again... I'm also a little worried though, not for Volume 3, but knowing that James has said that after the trilogy is over, if we get any more GoTG films it'll be with a drastically different cast of Guardians.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soooo what Marvel movie was hinted in the after credits

Deleted
    Guardians of the Galaxy 3 was pretty much the only film set up from this one.

Deleted
    I'm failing to see any irony there...
    You say you want (deep) subplots and the next thing you list is scorpion which has to be the most dull tv show we have "oh look that should be an easy mission. *Everything that can go wrong goes wrong. But the geniuses always figure a way out of it ofc*"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    You say you want (deep) subplots and the next thing you list is scorpion which has to be the most dull tv show we have "oh look that should be an easy mission. *Everything that can go wrong goes wrong. But the geniuses always figure a way out of it ofc*"
    Again, no irony there... Considering I flat out STATED that I like it, despite the lack of overarching plot, because I enjoy the characters. Sure, it sounds off when you quote it the way you did, with all the important parts cut out, but when you look at the post as a whole it's fine.

Also REALLY worth noting... I never said I wanted a (deep) subplot. I said I liked solid metaplots, and was a fan of overarching plotlines. Neither of those phrases can be used to describe subplots, deep or otherwise.

Anyway, this is hugely offtopic, so I'll say no more on the subject.

SO, now that Kevvy boy, the Feignator, has stated that it's not totally out of the realm of possibility for the TV shows and MCU to cross over... Are we all expecting the Defenders and Agents of SHIELD to have cameos in Infinity War, during the big "it's all going to shit" montage?

SO, now that Kevvy boy, the Feignator, has stated that it's not totally out of the realm of possibility for the TV shows and MCU to cross over... Are we all expecting the Defenders and Agents of SHIELD to have cameos in Infinity War, during the big "it's all going to shit" montage?
    Defenders at least is a small scale local type deal, so in the movie would be a sort of small thing. AoS main problem in a cross over sense is that it's supposed to... be something. I mean, SHIELD 's status and all that, a helicarrier, these things put them on a scale that you would need to explain why these people are important in the movie, otherwise you assume the movie goer knows why these folks are important, which could be the wrong play.

Or they'll just be cameos as you said rather than crossovers, which wouldn't really matter.