Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Feardotdead View Post
    Mists was where it was at.

Pretty sure the class design of that expansion contributes to it being my favourite expansion.
    I agree, but then again that was probably just the luck of the draw. If you scrap everything enough, at some point you'll come close to something good.

This whole remake every class every expac is an enormous waste of resources based on some strange notion that players who take the time to master a class will suddenly become bored with it and want to relearn it. There is nothing about human nature that says relearning some arbitrary set of buttons to smash is intrinsically going to hold our interest rather than keeping the core the same and adding small tweaks that allow what you learned in the past to carry forward.

I can just imagine on the flip side, if they left the classes alone as they had been for the previous expansion, everyone would complain about how lazy the developers are and how boring it is to play the same thing for another few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    That's true, they seriously don't know what they're doing since GC left them.
    The same GC that a shit load of idiots on this forum were calling for to be fired? Amazing how times change.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    They redid them in TBC. Wrath. Cata. It's nothing new, the game would be incredibly boring if the classes played exactly the same from expansion to expansion. One of the reasons I play alts regularly is because they change and I want to experience the new way they work.
    1. Opinion stated as fact.
    2. I honestly think you're kidding yourself. The game would be just fine if the classes played the same and we got all that time and effort put into more content instead of remaking things from scratch. Playing alts is a way to experience something different, but it doesn't take revamping every class every expansion to make a change like that fun - it's a change of pace going from a melee to a ranged caster regardless of whether the buttons are renamed and smashed in a different order.

In any case, you are an MMO-C mod and a very involved player. Overall, you're probably a top 5 if not top 1 % of players in terms of attention to the game and maybe you would get bored, but Blizzard is ill-served by making that assumption about their millions of players who would be just fine if their paladin played tomorrow just like it did today or two years ago while they were doing new things with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fight4Fun View Post
    + I`m tired to spend like 100 hrs to find my next main, out of this mixed heap
    And finding a new main will keep you out of end game content for quite a long time, assuming you're talking about a fresh character, or a fresh 110. I literally hate my hunter right now, but keep playing it out of habit I guess. Hard to find something else I like, as its a very unique class.
    Problems with WoW: No server communities, too much cross-realm crap, too many raiding difficulties, guilds don't matter anymore.
    Fix it: Limit server transfers, merge more servers, reduce raiding to 2 difficulties (N/H, 10/25), bring raiding back to guilds again (limit # of cross-realm players in your group). #MakeWoWGreatAgain

the worst part about this expac is the goal is fantasy > fun, they could give 2 shits how much you enjoy the current iteration of the spec you used to love. as long as the "senior" game developers feel the fantasy is there, the monkeys designing your class will get their 6 digits and be on their way to fuck up more gameplay in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's easy to complain, but when trying one of the possible ways to, erm. "relive" the Vanilla or BC gameplay I find it almost unplayable in comparison. There are no rotations, just one or two spells you wait for to come off cooldown unless you're a caster, then it's usually management of a debuff or two (if you're lucky) while spamming a single filler spell.

The only things I do like from back then is the class diversity, everyone bringing something unique to the table and the existence of support specs like Enhancement or Spriest in BC.

But if they'd kept that kind of gameplay, WoW would've been overtaken by games like Tera and Wildstar with innovative new combat systems ages ago.

I wish they would just add a new spell or two and balance around that and that's it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krawu View Post
    It's easy to complain, but when trying one of the possible ways to, erm. "relive" the Vanilla or BC gameplay I find it almost unplayable in comparison. There are no rotations, just one or two spells you wait for to come off cooldown unless you're a caster, then it's usually management of a debuff or two (if you're lucky) while spamming a single filler spell.

The only things I do like from back then is the class diversity, everyone bringing something unique to the table and the existence of support specs like Enhancement or Spriest in BC.

But if they'd kept that kind of gameplay, WoW would've been overtaken by games like Tera and Wildstar with innovative new combat systems ages ago.
    But rotations now are basically just the same fucking thing as waiting for your two abilities, except you feel like you're doing more because you're pressing shit all the time.

There are plenty of examples of games that don't have you using abilities every 1.5 seconds that don't feel boring. I would rather have a handful of useful abilities than the crap we have now.

They redid them in TBC. Wrath. Cata. It's nothing new, the game would be incredibly boring if the classes played exactly the same from expansion to expansion. One of the reasons I play alts regularly is because they change and I want to experience the new way they work.
    How do you figure? Literally everybody I've ever known on WoW that's quit other than because of a new job or something, has quit because "they ruined my class." And now, I'm in that boat. If they didn't have to keep fucking redesigning the specs every 6 months, they could put all that dev time into making new specs/classes so people that are "bored" have new shit to play with. Deleting somebody's preferred playstyle every 2 years is completely unfair.

I miss surv hunter from MoP SOOOOO bad. That was one of the most fun times I've had with my hunter.

It's sad I can't remember the last time I used a pet, and that was the main reason I started playing a hunter...

I liked frost DK having the option of 1H or 2H...taking away options also suck...my DK is my buzzard daily pet battle mule now...

I like the idea of the artifact...honestly I am not sure if I can stomach the next "rewrite" of classes in the next xpac if/when the artifact disappears.

It is annoying when you love a certain spec and they completely rework it, but the gameplay would get stale if they never changed it up. When a certain class doesn't get many changes for a new expansion, there are always a lot of people whining that Blizzard hates their class and didn't show them any love.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Yeah up until Wotlk you could play the same class as the core of the class still remained. After that something happened and pretty much every class changed drastically from expansion to expansion, making it more or less impossible to keep playing what you liked.
    i think up until cata most classes worked the same way.. but after that they changed too much..

pruned good shit, added bad shit.. and now its boring and shitty

Deleted
    We do get changes every expansion to most classes / specs. As a warrior main I love the difference between my specs.
    Not every spec was completely redone this expansion - but some sure received huge changes (demo, surv, especially).
    Personally I think these changes are for the good of wow, but I also understand why some players feels sad about some changes.

For me, I lost siegebreaker for fury. But it was just a WOD thing I guess. I also went from reliable rotation as arms and went 100 gazzilion percent RNG. That however is being partly fixed in 7.2.5

This... end of thread

Honestly, I don't think they go far enough to change things up, games almost 13 years old, if the classes played the same between expansions I'd switch even more than I do now

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    They remake them every expansion. It's annoying as fuck tbh.
    First experience with a wow Xpac hmm?

Quote Originally Posted by Gephyrophobia View Post
    How do you figure? Literally everybody I've ever known on WoW that's quit other than because of a new job or something, has quit because "they ruined my class." And now, I'm in that boat. If they didn't have to keep fucking redesigning the specs every 6 months, they could put all that dev time into making new specs/classes so people that are "bored" have new shit to play with. Deleting somebody's preferred playstyle every 2 years is completely unfair.
    They did do that and ended up taking away meta from Warlocks and giving it to DH(personally I think it makes sense, but I'm sure there's a couple people that don't).

I think they could do plenty for some classes just by tweaking or re-doing the animations for abilities. Rogue for example - It doesn't have to be showy like mages, but some shadowy effects outside of CoS would be a god send. No need to upend it at the drop of a hat unless it needs serious reworking because it sucks mechanically.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    The same GC that a shit load of idiots on this forum were calling for to be fired? Amazing how times change.
    Yep, some people have short memories. GC started all streamlining crap: making all classes the same, removing danger from world, removing RPG elements and turning game from slow paced MMORPG to more fast paced arcade like game.

10+ Year Old Account
    all of you disgust me.

you can't be pleased when the classes are "bugged beyond redemption", the rotation is "uninspired and dull", the class art "sucks and lacks imagination" and that there is "nothing new and exciting" with the next expansion. have you all lost your mind? you are the damn vocal minority and many people enjoy their class and their specs.

you play the game all day with all the aspects it has to offer. so you are easily started when they fiddle with "your" class, with "your" specs and how they want you to play "your" game. quit it, if your class fantasy suddenly doesn't align with your understanding anymore. or do constructive feedback about it. but stop the constant whining, how they change everything everytime. i have every class at 110 except a 105 warlock in the making and a DH at 101 and play since vanilla. sure, combat rogue is now outlaw and he is a lot cooler with a better identity. but the rest is largely the same as it always has been.

and if it upsets you that you have learn something new or change how something plays.. well, stop it. it isn't rocket science and you should be able to handle it.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    And one expansion they decided to remake them all.
    Do you think that's fair from Blizzard? I feel that most specs were at best in MoP. And this new "diablo team"? Ruined alot of specs and its identity.

Many specs plays similar, which doesnt make me feel unique anymore on many specs.
    Disagree, the specs are more interesting and better defined than before.