Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    That's about my level of activity lately, and I got two legendaries in two or three days last week. Now that's completely abnormal (for me, I mean) and before that it was usually a month or so, if not more, between legendaries... but with that happening it does lead me to believe they significantly bumped the chances for 7.2.

Both times the legendary was from a cache, too - each of those days I collected ~5 war supply caches, 2 paragon rep caches, and one or two emissary caches. I'd open the war supply ones first (as I assumed they had the lowest chance), then the emissary, then the paragon. I received a legendary both times I did this. I'm going to try saving up a few caches and opening them all at once again tomorrow, and if it gets me another legendary... well, then I've apparently found the secret to getting them.
    I've been doing what I said for about 4 months now on my DH, still only 2 legendary items. I figure I am pretty close and I really want the legendary trinket so I am probably going to stop opening caches and just use the relinquished trinkets. Maybe I'll get lucky to counter all the bad luck I normally have.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    I've been doing what I said for about 4 months now on my DH, still only 2 legendary items. I figure I am pretty close and I really want the legendary trinket so I am probably going to stop opening caches and just use the relinquished trinkets. Maybe I'll get lucky to counter all the bad luck I normally have.
    I would normally say not to do that but trinkets are probably one of the better tokens to buy, anyways.

Don't make the mistake I did, though; the first 7 or so tokens I bought (ie wasted) were for belts. I really, desperately wanted the legendary belt and had never gotten it. Even now, with the two legendaries I got in 2 or 3 days, no belt. My current belt, though, was a 900; I had received *three* belts in my weekly cache and it was actually my first item level 900 piece when NH first came out. Anyways, my point is that the tokens were wasted if it wasn't a legendary. I'd have to get really, REALLY lucky on upgrade procs for a non-legendary belt to be worthwhile and on top of that it would need perfect stats, as my current belt is crit/mastery.

To add to the fun, I had 3 belts proc up to 900. I haven't seen a single item proc that high yet; I believe 885 is the highest. So, of course, the few times I had good luck were when I was buying belts.

My point is that 90% of the time I'd tell you targeting a specific slot for a legendary via tokens is a bad idea, but trinket but be the exception as its what most people are buying anyways. If you have a slot that's < 880 (or is 880 with poor stats), though, I'd probably focus on that first. If you already have two incredible trinkets I probably wouldn't do this, but if you can see yourself buying trinket tokens when NOT farming for the legendary and when picking from all slots then go for it. Just don't if it's *only* for the legendary; if that's the case, just keep doing your usual routine. The trinket isn't really a top "must have" legendary for us (not saying it's not good) and even if you don't get it as your next, you'll get it eventually; the drop rate was DEFINITELY increased.

You said average gameplay. Do you consider "average raider" to be average gameplay? Because there are a lot of people (like me) that don't really have the ability to log in to do raids but we still complete emissary, weekly m+, a few extra m+, and 2-3 relinquished items each week. That's a solid hour-hour and a half each day of work and seems like it'd probably be closer to the average gameplay.
    You fit into the average wow player. Most of the people i come across while pugging are a bit further along in terms of hours put in.

That's:
    H NH - 2 hours ish
    N NH - 1 hour ish
    AT least their m10 for the weekly cache.
    Daily emissaries/invasion
    Any other login time is m+ to target some item slot/AP/BLP increase.

I dont raid in a guild. I just pug raids. So most of the time a full raid is spread out over the week depending how good the pug is. Im sure you could do the same. A few bosses each day.

For the more serious player wanting to gain an edge. The place to be is M+. It's the only repeatable content. Everything else has a timed lock out.

Quote Originally Posted by squirtlesquad View Post
    You fit into the average wow player. Most of the people i come across while pugging are a bit further along in terms of hours put in.

That's:
    H NH - 2 hours ish
    N NH - 1 hour ish

I dont raid in a guild. I just pug raids. So most of the time a full raid is spread out over the week depending how good the pug is. Im sure you could do the same. A few bosses each day.

For the more serious player wanting to gain an edge. The place to be is M+. It's the only repeatable content. Everything else has a timed lock out.
    And if you do only that, you don't get "averagely" 1 leg each 1/2 weeks no, more 1 each month is more realistic.

That's:
    H NH - 2 hours ish
    N NH - 1 hour ish

Fuck m+. add mythic and lfr nighthold instead aswell as EN on all 4 difficulties, and all the mythic normal dungeons (these are probably the greatest source of all for legendarys) and you will easily get 1 legendary every 2-3 weeks
    Ofc mythic Nighthold is not an option if you dont raid but i felt like the weekly tinfoil-hat grind wasn't complete without mentioning it

Deleted
    Got AoTHG as my 3rd Legendary, with Raddons as the first and Cinidaria as the second on my new DH main.

Finally made up for all my bad luck on my previous rogue and pally legendaries

Quote Originally Posted by Deix-EU View Post
    And if you do only that, you don't get "averagely" 1 leg each 1/2 weeks no, more 1 each month is more realistic.
    What are you even talking about.
    Did you read what i wrote.
    With the above stuff that i do each week. Which is the same for alot of people i come across. It works out to be one leggo every 3ish weeks.

My brother and i got one every 1.5-2 weeks when we spammed the shit out of m+ for the grind.

What are you even talking about.
    Did you read what i wrote.
    With the above stuff that i do each week. Which is the same for alot of people i come across. It works out to be one leggo every 3ish weeks.

My brother and i got one every 1.5-2 weeks when we spammed the shit out of m+ for the grind.
    I'm talking about the fact it's already some heavy push to the game (imho) and this is what I do also. This is not against you, this is to point all the bullshiters on this thread with toxic comments like "Do contents you'll get your 10 legendaries / blame you if you don't have them" etc.
    And yet, the content you describe and we do is not "average player way of life".

Cause, as Extremity, I have 6 legs doing this content each week and with "hard grind" periods here and there. So what I'm saying to 10 legendaries people: assume your luck or nolife mode but don't be toxic to "average players"
    Last edited by Deix-EU; 2017-05-09 at 08:03 PM.

Deleted
    You said average gameplay. Do you consider "average raider" to be average gameplay? Because there are a lot of people (like me) that don't really have the ability to log in to do raids but we still complete emissary, weekly m+, a few extra m+, and 2-3 relinquished items each week. That's a solid hour-hour and a half each day of work and seems like it'd probably be closer to the average gameplay.
    Here is the thing: my Druid alt only ever did the daily emissary quest (that means 4 WQs per day) and has done a total of 11 dungeons (all normal mode for profession quests). I stopped playing that character with 7.2 and it had 4 legendaries. So when people in here talk about having 2-3 legendaries and claim that they "actively played since launch", they're lying. Simple as that.

If you do most of the emissary chests and a few dungeons (or raids) here or there and have been playing for the most part of this expansion, there is no way you have less than 5 legendaries by now.

Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de View Post
    Here is the thing: my Druid alt only ever did the daily emissary quest (that means 4 WQs per day) and has done a total of 11 dungeons (all normal mode for profession quests). I stopped playing that character with 7.2 and it had 4 legendaries. So when people in here talk about having 2-3 legendaries and claim that they "actively played since launch", they're lying. Simple as that.

If you do most of the emissary chests and a few dungeons (or raids) here or there and have been playing for the most part of this expansion, there is no way you have less than 5 legendaries by now.
    I haven't touched my Warlock since 7.2 hit but until the did exactly what you said - nothing but world quests, only for emissary, and the normal dungeons required by profession chains and whatever zone quests. I received one legendary, the shield neck, on my first boss kill at 110. Nothing since then.

You received 4 legendaries and I received 1, doing about the same amount of content for the same amount of time; four times the legendaries on your end. People can have bad luck, and while it's probably fairly unlikely at this point is it *absolutely* possible for somebody to only have 2 or 3 legendaries and have been reasonably active since launch. I'm sure there's a player out there, when you consider how many players there are, that's raided full clears every week and has less than 5.

Well I just got chest so only ring and helm left! So glad those are the last two legs I can get!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    That isn't "average game play." That's at the extreme right end of the distribution curve. An "average" player doesn't farm hundreds of mythics a week and probably loots a legendary every 6 to 8 weeks.
    Yeah, 6 to 8 weeks sounds right. I clear NH Hero every week, do Mythics until I am at 10, do the emissary caches and Broken Shore (including scattered chests, which also drop legendaries).

I think this is very much the average participation.

6-8 weeks at this point in the game means you basically do nothing. I have gotten 7 legendaries since 7.2. I have been playing a lot since I got injured shortly before the patch, but if you aren't getting a legendary every 2-3 weeks now it means you just don't really want them.

Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    6-8 weeks at this point in the game means you basically do nothing. I have gotten 7 legendaries since 7.2. I have been playing a lot since I got injured shortly before the patch, but if you aren't getting a legendary every 2-3 weeks now it means you just don't really want them.
    It is fucking RNG.

Stop saying what a normal period of time is, because it doesn't apply to anyone else but you. It is RNG.

In fact, I got my 9th legendary almost a month away, and I do Mythic, HC and normal Nighthold, plus a good set of Mythic Plus, Emissary dailies and Broken Shore content (which awards legendaries).

Yeah some have hard time with the concept of probabilities. If some can loot 3 legendaries in a day, some can not loot a single one in 1 month. Also big numbers entrhopy is kind of necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    It is fucking RNG.

Stop saying what a normal period of time is, because it doesn't apply to anyone else but you. It is RNG.

In fact, I got my 9th legendary almost a month away, and I do Mythic, HC and normal Nighthold, plus a good set of Mythic Plus, Emissary dailies and Broken Shore content (which awards legendaries).
    Lol ok. There is this thing called bad luck protection. It is entirely designed so that if you do enough content you will get a legendary. It is a system entirely designed to eventually remove rng so that people who actually do content DON'T get that bad of a streak.

You're like the person who said people in the beginning of the xpac saying ~100 M+ would net a legendary didn't know what they were talking about. Or that people talking about the softcap were just unlucky. There comes a point in the BLP system that you are essentially guaranteed a legendary.

But keep telling yourself it's just bad luck.

I'll just keep knowing when I am close to a legendary because that's how BLP works.

But I guess maybe it's just a total coincidence that seven times now I've been anticipating a legendary after so much content and it happens to come true pretty soon after.
    Last edited by BrioWoW; 2017-05-15 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    Lol ok. There is this thing called bad luck protection. It is entirely designed so that if you do enough content you will get a legendary. It is a system entirely designed to eventually remove rng so that people who actually do content DON'T get that bad of a streak.

You're like the person who said people in the beginning of the xpac saying ~100 M+ would net a legendary didn't know what they were talking about. Or that people talking about the softcap were just unlucky. There comes a point in the BLP system that you are essentially guaranteed a legendary.

But keep telling yourself it's just bad luck.

I'll just keep knowing when I am close to a legendary because that's how BLP works.

But I guess maybe it's just a total coincidence that seven times now I've been anticipating a legendary after so much content and it happens to come true pretty soon after.
    We're talking about AVERAGE here, won't it enter your head like many others ? I'm sorry, 7 legendaries on same spec since 7.2 is out the equation of "remove RNG" (good luck to 'remove' (lol) RNG for average) because either very lucky or not very average and more nerdy life.

I'm not average, doing every raids NM / HM, some LFR sometimes, emissary, Broken isle quests, some M+ but not much every week (or every 2 weeks) and I looted 2 legs since 7.2.
    Have 6 in total for my DH. My mates have 9/10, they had luck with 2/3 legendaries 1 or 2 days apart.
    If you want to leverage this, you have to MUCH MUCH more content, more M+ to a point it can't be done for someone who have a realisic vision of life (work is 80% time in the week).
    Last edited by Deix-EU; 2017-05-15 at 10:56 PM.

I never said I was getting the average, but 6 weeks between legs means you don't do much.

Deleted
    At the beginning I was very disappointed about the RNG Legendary system. After the 3rd legendary without one of BiS I decided to just enjoy the game and fuck off the legendaries. 2 weeks later I got Mo´arg as my 4th and since this I enjoyed to play Bloodlet. I was very happy about this drop. Yesterday before going to sleep I decided to do LFR NH. Last wing - last Boss Trilliax dropped finally AothG as my 5th for me.

Guys don´t let the legendaries fuck your mind!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BeelzebubGER View Post
    At the beginning I was very disappointed about the RNG Legendary system. After the 3rd legendary without one of BiS I decided to just enjoy the game and fuck off the legendaries. 2 weeks later I got Mo´arg as my 4th and since this I enjoyed to play Bloodlet. I was very happy about this drop. Yesterday before going to sleep I decided to do LFR NH. Last wing - last Boss Trilliax dropped finally AothG as my 5th for me.

Guys don´t let the legendaries fuck your mind!!!
    That's probably because you finally got what you wanted
    I have 5 legs - no belt, no ring, no bracers, shall I keep faith? My 6th one will be a trinket probably