Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I think besides walmart sandals, I've pretty much worn nothing but Sketchers for 10 years or so?

$75 pair will last me about 3-4 years depending how much wear and tear I put on them.

His mug ass dad didnt even play in the nba he sucked lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/article148745229.html
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...hoe-lonzo-ball

Wow. This guy sure is confident. Hasn't even proven he can be a star yet he's trying to sell shoes for a higher price than LeBron or Steph.
    You talk about a top nba prospect in the title, and the article starts with "lavar ball....."

Here is the problem. Its not about this poor Lonzo, it's about his father Lavar turning crazy about his kids.

He is not doing any good to his son's career. Now expectation are so high that Lonzo have no choice but being a great player cause if he is just average, all the hype will turn back against him.
    Last edited by mmoc051d140155; 2017-05-09 at 01:28 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    who? /10char

Starts a company......only has to sell 10 pairs of shoes to break even.......PROFIT!!
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I think besides walmart sandals, I've pretty much worn nothing but Sketchers for 10 years or so?

$75 pair will last me about 3-4 years depending how much wear and tear I put on them.
    You're not really a baller if you are rocking Sketchers.

Luxury good is marketed as a luxury good.

What's the issue?

10+ Year Old Account
    Number one rule of buying shoes is comfort. Those don't look comfortable.

Also, yeah, this guy is more full of himself than the lovechild of Terrell Owens and Randy Moss https://twitter.com/Lavarbigballer/s...78921396314112
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2017-05-09 at 09:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    who? /10char
    He's been all over ESPN. You should have that channel in Texas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm not sure where the outrage is. Sure, there's plenty of people mocking him derisively, but I don't see any outrage.
    Right. People arent outrages, more laughing at him and how stupid he is.

He tried justify the price by saying nonsense like Gucci does it so why cant he. Lets ignore stuff about how expensive designer clothes are, they have a brand name and recognition behind them. LeBron is a household name and wouldnt sell his shoes for that make

He then goes to say that the shoes are people are for people who can afford them. Damn his fans, just get money from rich people who arent smart enough to spend their money on better premium shoes. "If you cant afford them then youre not a baller" Well I guess Im not a baller l, bruh.

Its a terrible business move and the culture isnt going to let him live it down.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Luxury good is marketed as a luxury good.

What's the issue?
    Issue is they aren't luxury.

Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    You talk about a top nba prospect in the title, and the article starts with "lavar ball....."

Here is the problem. Its not about this poor Lonzo, it's about his father Lavar turning crazy about his kids.

He is not doing any good to his son's career. Now expectation are so high that Lonzo have no choice but being a great player cause if he is just average, all the hype will turn back against him.
    This.

It's all Lonzo's father, LaVar Ball doing this shit. For the most part Lonzo seems like a good guy, pretty humble, well spoken. His play style and maturity, he will do well in the NBA.

Fucking LaVar though, he is the Donald Trump of the NBA. Just a huge BS artist, he is going to ruin his kids careers if any of them actually get a chance to have one. Lonzo can ball, proved it at UCLA. His 2 other kids are still in HS and everyone is riding them pretty hard like they are going to be goats. Problem is the one kid who is already 18, isn't very good he has a lot of work to do in college to even have NBA dreams. The younger one LaMelo, he's a shooter, but he is little else after that. He is also playing crappy high school kids. And his shot is awful mechanically.

If their father was half the basketball player he thinks he is (dude said he would beat Jordan lol) he would have fixed his kids jumps shot form and taught them proper shot selection. And how not to be lazy shits on defense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we not give attention to loud mouth asshole fathers and their spineless sons?

Although if you want the lols, they went this direction because none of the major shoe companies wanted to touch this with a 50 foot pole. lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    He's been all over ESPN. You should have that channel in Texas.
    I don't watch baseball/basketball/hockey/football...why should I watch ESPN?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    I don't watch baseball/basketball/hockey/football...why should I watch ESPN?
    You live in Texas and you don't watch sports? How does that work?

10+ Year Old Account
    why should someone watch sports just because they live in a specific state?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Right. People arent outrages, more laughing at him and how stupid he is.

He tried justify the price by saying nonsense like Gucci does it so why cant he. Lets ignore stuff about how expensive designer clothes are, they have a brand name and recognition behind them. LeBron is a household name and wouldnt sell his shoes for that make

He then goes to say that the shoes are people are for people who can afford them. Damn his fans, just get money from rich people who arent smart enough to spend their money on better premium shoes. "If you cant afford them then youre not a baller" Well I guess Im not a baller l, bruh.

Its a terrible business move and the culture isnt going to let him live it down.
    But that would just mean that "the culture" is just a bunch of deluded corporate shills who would gladly pay $200 for a shoe that cost $10 to make if it has a jumpman on it, but somehow consider $500 beyond the pale even though it's probably a more justifiable price given that Ball probably needs to charge that much to cover his overhead given that he probably doesn't expect to sell many.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Are you using GOAT as a short for "GREATEST OF ALL TIME"?

If so... GOAT is usually forever... hence the "ALL TIME" part.
    Sampras was the GOAT then Federer surpassed him.

That's how it worked. Plus LeBron has more or less surpassed MJ.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you can't tell at least 1 sport I watch, well, you need to become more observant. That sport isn't covered by ESPN. Neither is the other sport I follow.

Doesn't help that these clowns get front page ESPN coverage every time the Balls fart.
    Encourages more clown behavior from them, free publicity, free advertising.

One of the main differences between this...and say Retro Jordans (or luxury brands), is that they are fashion accessories.
    These sneakers seem to be positioned on performance, so its performance needs to be up to their price tag is they were to ever work out.

Part of the reason people buy expensive sneakers (Retro Jordans, Air Yeezys etc) is because they are fashion icons and give you 'street cred'.
    These sneakers have yet to show that they are anywhere near that status.