10+ Year Old Account
    @zenkai, just give it a rest. If we wanted to listen to someone who, when they made an outlandish claim, was rebuked by hard proof they were lying, refuse to accept they were wrong and blame someone else, we'd go to a Trump rally.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I don't read them
    The parallels deepen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The Trump zealots should embrace the idea of an independent investigation...all the better to prove his innocence...and rub our collective faces in it.

But of course, they won't. Because they're afraid that he isn't innocent at all.
    Bullshit - I could not care less if there was an independent investigation. In fact, I wish there was just so it would shut up all the TDS liberal/progressives.

I am not afraid of a damn thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    People devote their entire life to attaining enlightenment. You just managed to help me do it in 7 fucking words and 5 seconds.
    Glad I could help.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    @zenkai, just give it a rest. If we wanted to listen to someone who, when they made an outlandish claim, was rebuked by hard proof they were lying, refuse to accept they were wrong and blame someone else, we'd go to a Trump rally.
    This... this is.... it's beautiful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    He's doing everything he can to try to mask his intentions, but his clumsy attempt only reinforces suspicions as to what the real motivation was behind this. And I'm not sure it's even all that reassuring. Why would you warn the person you're investigating that they're being investigated? You tell them, "nope," and continue to investigate so they don't get worried and attempt to cover up things that have yet to be discovered.
    "suspicions" - that is ALL you have. Period.

TDS in full effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    He reminds me of the emperor from Gladiator. Just replace Lucilla with Ivanka, and you can see the parallels.
    But... Scorsese's role in that is a hell of a lot more relevant. I don't want to spoil it, as it's a pretty shocking thing to hear if you are not ready for it. But, it actually fits the business suit and let the meter run life style of Trump. Not the war veteran going insane, largely due to what happens to our soldiers after they return from war. There was no PTSD then... but, his rich passenger talking about his... well, you have to see it... is a lot more fitting...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_szlzh9Dgrw
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    He's doing everything he can to try to mask his intentions, but his clumsy attempt only reinforces suspicions as to what the real motivation was behind this. And I'm not sure it's even all that reassuring. Why would you warn the person you're investigating that they're being investigated? You tell them, "nope," and continue to investigate so they don't get worried and attempt to cover up things that have yet to be discovered.
    Some sources say that he [ex-FBI Director] has weekly sex with Ivanka. Still not confirmed, but would make a lot of sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    But... Scorsese's role in that is a hell of a lot more relevant. I don't want to spoil it, as it's a pretty shocking thing to hear if you are not ready for it. But, it actually fits the business suit and let the meter run life style of Trump. Not the war veteran going insane, largely due to what happens to our soldiers after they return from war. There was no PTSD then... but, his rich passenger talking about his... well, you have to see it... is a lot more fitting...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_szlzh9Dgrw
    Watched it and you're absolutely right LUL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Watched it and you're absolutely right LUL
    See! I bring the lulz sometimes.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    Trump is apparently almost neurotic about a hair tonic he takes. One which is known to cause both impotence and mental instability. That would explain a lot of his behavior actually. I keep expecting this to happen to him.

I calculated it. 14% of the letter firing Comey is good ol' fashioned Trump campaigning, 33% if you count the sentence about "restoring public trust" as broader campaign-speak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    If I were Trump I'd be SCARED of anyone from Russia "visiting". He's made them angry too after all.
    Yeah, I'm sure Dr. Victor von Putin would just randomly order the assassination of the president of the United States, never mind the consequences. He's a super-villain, after all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Fact: Firing an FBI Director is well within a president's powers.
    Fact: We know that Comey's practices were under review.
    Fact: We know most everyone had lost confidence in Comey
    Fact: Trump had support and good reason to fire Comey

Observation: Declaring this move as abuse, or a Russia cover-up conspiracy is premature and irresponsible but that wont stop the crying.

The parallels deepen.
    You quoted me then asked me to give it a rest? LOL Actions speak louder than words. Look in the mirror before you post again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    "suspicions" - that is ALL you have. Period.
    You spelled the phrase "grand jury" wrong.

Holy shit. Pence's defense of this is tepid at best.

Haha, oh man.

Quote Originally Posted by nacixems View Post
    Fact: Firing an FBI Director is well within a president's powers.

Observation: Declaring this move as abuse, or a Russia cover-up conspiracy is premature and irresponsible but that wont stop the crying.
    Then it should have been done months ago. It's like you fucking people keep ignoring that Trump and Sessions are both on record for praising Comey's actions and putting full confidence in him to lead through Trump's presidency.

Now that Comey has been the driving force behind grand jury indictments, he gets ousted for those contradictory reasons. You're also ignoring the reports that DoJ officials were ordered to find a reason to fire Comey starting last week when indictments first started being handed out. Even GOP congressmen are calling it out as bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    I love/find it infuriating how even in a LETTER OF TERMINATION Trump made it sound like a fucking campaign.

"I'm firing you, but THANKS FOR TELLING ME I'M NOT UNDER SUSPICION, MAGA, good luck with the job hunt"
    You can almost tell exactly who wrote which parts. Adults wrote paragraphs 1 & 3 and the man-child currently sitting behind the Resolute desk wrote paragraphs 2 & 4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Holy shit. Pence's defense of this is tepid at best.

Haha, oh man.
    If he does not have access to his jumper cables he is a shell of his former self.

10+ Year Old Account
    You spelled the phrase "grand jury" wrong.
    Shhh, they're just LIBRRBRBRULZ that need to be chased out of courts, alongside every judge left of Scalia.

10+ Year Old Account
    So is Trump.

See also: historically low poll numbers.

He had them on Jan 20 too. Still brought him on. Now he's changed his mind while his team is under active subpoena.

I guess there's support and good reason to fire Trump, too?

There is nothing anyone can reasonably use to defend firing Comey within hours of the subpoenas going public, and claiming it was because of something in October which Trump repeatedly publicly praised.