Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Hear me out here, DP or Crusade actually doesn't make sense. If you think about it it would make the row even more pointless than it already is.

Here's what I think, it will be Consecration or Execution Sentence, for Retribution. That row is also kind of a no brainer but those two spells could have some limited use in certain situations. Im leaning toward ES since our melee cleave/aoe is already very strong, and ES would help boost our single target damage.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh, that's an easy one!

Holy Wrath. All of them. Blizzard loves that talent and will find it such a shame no one picks it!

I'd bet money Ret will be Holy Wrath and no one will ever use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    Zeal with the fires of justice actually sounds really good.

I'd say Virtue's Blade since they are pinning all the damage on BoJ nowadays.
    i really hope not... i like the emphasis on new abilities, but blade of justice has enough buffers in the artifact weapon imo

my guess is Fires of justice as someone said earlier
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

TFOJ just seems to be the most likely.

A free DP or Crusade would be very strong in the sense: HEY, amazing burst and we get the procs. <.< can't have that clearly..

And a free FV to get Consecration or ES would be too nice to have thus i don't see them that route either.

Of course: Trololol Holy Wrath is a potential.

For Prot: Hand of the Protector most likely. Last defender is too similar to heathcliff's, righteous protector is another option and I don't really have a good reason why it probably won't be chosen, holy shield is kind of meh but it's a 3rd option. A level 45 or 60 talent wouldn't be worth using, a level 90 talent would have a little value but not good enough either. Final Stand or Knight Templar would probably be too niche to be valuable.

For Ret: A level 60 talent probably, maybe divine purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Socce View Post
    Not really. Zeal increases CS damage, and it would synergize too well with tFoJ. Outside of AoE heavy situations (consistently 4+ targets to hit with judge) I doubt Gr. Judge could compete with Zeal if Zeals cd is reduced.
    FV could be a balanced choice, neither cons nor ES synergize too well with it. And it could maybe even be competitive with the cloak as ES/cons as standalone aren't really weak, it's the strength of FV in comparison that makes these talents weak.
    VB would be the opposite of FV, as both DH/BoW would synergize with it.

Just hope it won't be Holy Wrath. Given that we still have this talent, I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard tries harder to force us to accept it.
    Oh I'm not saying that Zeal and tFoJ don't work well together. Just that we might actually change those talents around to fit the situation. However, at the moment nothing will make us switch from Crusade. Zeal, tFoJ, Crusade or Divine Purpose would all make the best choices for the ring for retribution. Personally I'm hoping for Divine Purpose because it would actually change the play style a little bit were as Zeal/TFoJ wouldn't really change much on how the rotation feels.

Divine Purpose would be good for Holy and Ret, don't know enough about Prot to know what they should have.

Deleted
    Looks a lot like it will be FV for retribution; seeing how all the others seem to be "obvious choices".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Oh, that's an easy one!

Holy Wrath. All of them. Blizzard loves that talent and will find it such a shame no one picks it!
    24 hours later and I still cannot stop laughing when I think about it .
    Revealing the talents on rings "lets make a deal" kind of show and we get the ZONK.

The question that bothers me - do we get to put a extra talent point that is freed by this ring in ANY tier or in the same tier as the ring talent will be?
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Wouldnt DP be the easiest to tune...since you can basically just turn the knob on the proc rate?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaron View Post
    Why should we? We will be able to put the point in that row, where the talent from the ring is.

Holy Wrath is quite unlikely, all other rings have passive abilities on them, as far as I know.

I also don't believe in DP or Crusade, both talents together are to strong and would lead to massive nerfs.
    My guess is Final Verdict, because I don't believe in a utility talent while all other dps classes get dps talents and as mentioned by someone above, TFoJ and VB would have to much of a synergy with the other talents in that row.

I also would not be surprised, if the rings don't make it to live...there are enough sh*tstorms already.
    I fear that the rings will make it to live and might even be a "bonus" legendary that everyone can equip because of some quest maybe not in 7.2.5, maybe in 7.3... Depending on talents it 'll be balance nightmare (as if it's better now), so I fear they might go this way: "everyone get a cookie"
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Why should we? We will be able to put the point in that row, where the talent from the ring is.
    How do we know this?
    roaming extra talent point would be much, much more interesting, and as from balance perspective, it is already a clusterfuck so..
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Deleted
    The rings on the ptr don't have any stats, I assumed they would add those later, but what if it's intended?
    DP+Crusade would be insane, but if you lose ~3-4k worth of secondaries for it, it wouldn't be that broken actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love it to be Divine Purpose but that would be too much fun and we already know how Blizzard feels about fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fogol View Post
    Wouldnt DP be the easiest to tune...since you can basically just turn the knob on the proc rate?
    At that point, you're balancing a talent around a legendary which just plain out sucks.

What about the people that don't enjoy Crusade and choose DP?

It would seem they suddenly get fucked just because they don't have the legendary.

Deleted
    Bwahahahaha it will be holy wrath .
    And here some people will come up and say the ring synergizes well with it because it has tons of stamina.
    Man I cannot stop laughing everytime I think about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    24 hours later and I still cannot stop laughing when I think about it .
    Revealing the talents on rings "lets make a deal" kind of show and we get the ZONK.
    Well I'm glad you're still laughing at the matter - wether it's for the better as a joke or for the worse that it's a laugh of desperation that it'll happen...!

Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    I would love it to be Divine Purpose but that would be too much fun and we already know how Blizzard feels about fun.

- - - Updated - - -

At that point, you're balancing a talent around a legendary which just plain out sucks.

What about the people that don't enjoy Crusade and choose DP?

It would seem they suddenly get fucked just because they don't have the legendary.
    I would love DP to come back. I for some reason enjoyed that talent even though it's mindless rng. But it really is impossible for us to get it, it would nightmare... consider full Crusade and DP going nuts proc'ing 10 times in a row... the damage meter would fly to moon... and we'd be hit by nerf bat faster than one could say "rng". DP isn't happening that's certain.

The only logical choice would be tFoJ or FV, FV is probably not happening as it would lock us into ES or Consecration. tFoJ would be perfect as we could go Zeal. But there is also GJ in that row and it makes me feel like as that one would be given to the ring after looking at the whole thing. GJ would be the most safe bet for them to give to rets.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascius View Post
    I would love DP to come back. I for some reason enjoyed that talent even though it's mindless rng. But it really is impossible for us to get it, it would nightmare... consider full Crusade and DP going nuts proc'ing 10 times in a row... the damage meter would fly to moon... and we'd be hit by nerf bat faster than one could say "rng". DP isn't happening that's certain.

The only logical choice would be tFoJ or FV, FV is probably not happening as it would lock us into ES or Consecration. tFoJ would be perfect as we could go Zeal. But there is also GJ in that row and it makes me feel like as that one would be given to the ring after looking at the whole thing. GJ would be the most safe bet for them to give to rets.
    Hey, a man can dream, can't he? =P

Watch how they give us some utility related like Eye for an Eye which is an OK defensive CD but a joke of a talent to give us.