Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Trump Signs EO to Look Into Voter Fraud and Suppression

In Trump's latest attempt to divert attention from the Russia investigation and Comey Firing. Trump hires Kris Kobach, a Voter ID advocate, to lead the investigation.

Here is a quote from this article that explains why picking Kris Kobach is probably the worst person to head this "commission": https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/11/u...imes&smtyp=cur

“Kris Kobach being named to run a commission on ‘voter integrity’ is like naming Bernie Madoff to run a commission on financial crimes,” said Frank Sharry, the executive director of America’s Voice Education Fund. “He has dedicated his professional career to trying to deny people of color the vote and to trying to drive millions of immigrants out of the country.”
    Yeah, sounds like Kris Kobach is the perfect one to head such a commission. That is like hiring someone that hates the environment to head the EPA, wait he already did that.

Looking into voter suppression too?

He's aware of how investigations into voter suppression have gone for the GOP so far...right?

I thought this was just going to be his attempt to find evidence of his hallucinated millions of illegal votes, but I guess in typical Trump fashion of course it ends up being dumber than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    “He has dedicated his professional career to trying to deny people of color the vote and to trying to drive millions of immigrants out of the country.”
    It sounds exactly like what Trump would do. What we'll see at the end of this "commission" is blame thrown towards some boogieman for Trump not getting the popular vote. Something like the "25 million fake votes for Hillary."

http://www.snopes.com/25-million-fra...s-for-clinton/

It'll be easily disprove but lapped up by his followers as proof that he "won."

lol@looking into voter suppression as if that's going to go well for the GOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    In Trump's latest attempt to divert attention from the Russia investigation and Comey Firing. Trump hires Kris Kobach, a Voter ID advocate, to lead the investigation.

Here is a quote from this article that explains why picking Kris Kobach is probably the worst person to head this "commission": https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/11/u...imes&smtyp=cur

Yeah, sounds like Kris Kobach is the perfect one to head such a commission. That is like hiring someone that hates the environment to head the EPA, wait he already did that.
    Thank God. This has been an issue for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Karfal View Post
    Thank God. This has been an issue for a long time.
    No, not it hasn't. There have been a couple dozen investigations and literally so little fraud has been found that it cost millions more than it would ever save. The fraud that has been found, is by absentee ballots that wouldn't be stopped by voter ID laws, and that happen to vote primarily for Republicans.

He has always said he would and a while back said hed only look into blue states

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    No, not it hasn't. There have been a couple dozen investigations and literally so little fraud has been found that it cost millions more than it would ever save. The fraud that has been found, is by absentee ballots that wouldn't be stopped by voter ID laws, and that happen to vote primarily for Republicans.

Bush/Gore it was found that a florida section threw out a bunch of votes
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

10+ Year Old Account
    The head of this commission is a Voter ID pusher. So, there's that.

There is no widespread voter fraud. This commission will get nothing but states yelling at them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    He has always said he would and a while back said hed only look into blue states

- - - Updated - - -

Bush/Gore it was found that a florida section threw out a bunch of votes
    Oh voter supression is a real phenomenon usually in favor of republicn.candidates or in states with republican governors

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The head of this commission is a Voter ID pusher. So, there's that.

There is no widespread voter fraud. This commission will get nothing but states yelling at them.
    The commission will find some outrageous problems and report it while hiding any evidence and use that to push voter suppression laws to make sure Trump wins in 2020. This is a pretty transparent goal here Trump wants to make sure the game is rigged in his favor.

Yeah, this is pretty obviously just an attempt to distract from the inferno that is the FBI story, which he accidentally added gasoline to. And I don't know what he's even expecting. Does he really think the media will play along and let the FBI story die when he keeps shitting on them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    good news!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    good news!!!!
    You and I have different definitions of the word good.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Yeah, this is pretty obviously just an attempt to distract from the inferno that is the FBI story, which he accidentally added gasoline to. And I don't know what he's even expecting. Does he really think the media will play along and let the FBI story die when he keeps shitting on them?
    I mean on the one hand yea that's true but on the other this clown he installed to investigate this crap has been sued by the aclu like 4 times. Granted he lost each time but it's important not to ignore this story. Left unchecked this guy could potentially rob millions of the franchise.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still wondering why ID laws are a bad thing. Who doesn't carry some form of ID?
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Why are people complaining? After all the claims that Trump stole the election, you'd think there'd be a positive reaction to looking into voter fraud.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Why are people complaining? After all the claims that Trump stole the election, you'd think there'd be a positive reaction to looking into voter fraud.
    The problem is the individual which was appointed; kinda the same way that people who care about the environment aren't happy that Scott Pruitt now is the head of the EPA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    I'm still wondering why ID laws are a bad thing. Who doesn't carry some form of ID?
    Democrats rely on people without ID during election season. (this is the only time they pretend to care about them)
    Republicans never pretend to care about them and dont want them to be able to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    People that don't drive. Which is primarily poor, urban people.

ID laws wouldn't be a problem if we had state issued IDs and ID numbers for every citizen, but Republicans don't want that.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    People that don't drive. Which is primarily poor, urban people.

ID laws wouldn't be a problem if we had state issued IDs and ID numbers for every citizen, but Republicans don't want that.
    I don't drive and I have a state issued ID. Not a driver's license.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening