View Poll Results: Should mounts in older dungeons and raids (pre-current expac) drop within 50 runs?

Voters
289. This poll is closed
  • Yes - Eventually you should be rewarded for all your effort.

69 23.88%
  • No - Get it the old fashioned way... loser.

203 70.24%
  • Other - Explained below cause Yes or No is not an option for me.

17 5.88%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoWolf View Post
    So when you do see someone riding around in a flying mechanical head, you think to yourself, "Well damn, that's pretty awesome."
    I am genuinely very curious about this. Is this true? I hardly ever notice people's mounts, I mostly care only about mine and what I have, so I just assumed everybody thinks along the same lines...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Viewing not receiving an item because you didn't do the content as punishment is called entitlement. You're not entitled to the same loot other people have received in the past just because you didn't play when they did. Sometimes it's nice to have unique rewards that are rare to come across, it gives a sense of a game having a background and history to see items/mounts around that are no longer obtainable. Keeping certain items with a VERY low drop chance still gives players who didn't do the content at the time to receive the item, while keeping it rare for those who were lucky enough to clear the content at the time.

All in all I'm really happy they keep certain things unattainable, like The Immortal achievement, War Bear from original ZA etc.. It adds an nice layer of history to the game and gives players something that makes their characters unique.
    Preventing other players from receiving same items is also entitlement. Just because you were lucky at specific time or simply played at specific time, doesn't mean you should be the only one entitled to receive items.

Blizzard already has system in place that fixes it - reduces drop rate from 100% to 1%. I do have Immortal/Undying, Amani War Bear and Plagued Proto-Drake (obtained, not bought, but got Immortal a bit later so no Black Proto-Drake) and I don't mind if other players can get them as well. Its not current content, but it is still content worth seeing. With reduced drop rate players are likely to spend more time there than those who got it when it was current.

There is no excuse to remove content. Its a video game, nothing more than that. Prestige doesn't matter, epeen doesn't matter, nothing matters. Game exists to have fun. Part of fun is to collect stuff.

By suggesting to remove rewards you are suggesting that your entitlement > entitlement of other players. Guess what - your epeen is irrelevant. Its just a video game.

I m sorry but i dont agree with you Binki and i know most people feel the same way you expressed.

I m all in favor of making old content rewards unobtainable
    Doesnt matter if you didnt play before or if you didnt get lucky or if you didnt do the content.
    Its a reward for that content/raid and it shouldnt be able to be obtained by anyone on further expansions.

Yes prestige do matter for some people, regardless if its a video game.

In my humble opinion

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    All in all I'm really happy they keep certain things unattainable, like The Immortal achievement, War Bear from original ZA etc.. It adds an nice layer of history to the game and gives players something that makes their characters unique.
    So by your logic no matter how many times I saw the old Amani War Bear, the ZG Tiger and Raptor drop just because I never won the roll means I shouldn't be allowed to ever have them again? Seems kind of dumb and goes against your entitlement comment since you in turn would be showing the same thing.

Does it mean I want them handed to me because I saw them drop? No. Having the chance to see it drop again would be nice. I imagine if you want to do a survey on all the WoW players there would be only a handful who would care about the "prestige" of it. I've played the game since alpha/beta and stuff like that looks cool, but I don't see them as being any better than me just because they have it. Some mounts will always have an intriguing look, some won't. Just because you have one though doesn't change anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Preventing other players from receiving same items is also entitlement. Just because you were lucky at specific time or simply played at specific time, doesn't mean you should be the only one entitled to receive items.

Blizzard already has system in place that fixes it - reduces drop rate from 100% to 1%. I do have Immortal/Undying, Amani War Bear and Plagued Proto-Drake (obtained, not bought, but got Immortal a bit later so no Black Proto-Drake) and I don't mind if other players can get them as well. Its not current content, but it is still content worth seeing. With reduced drop rate players are likely to spend more time there than those who got it when it was current.

There is no excuse to remove content. Its a video game, nothing more than that. Prestige doesn't matter, epeen doesn't matter, nothing matters. Game exists to have fun. Part of fun is to collect stuff.

By suggesting to remove rewards you are suggesting that your entitlement > entitlement of other players. Guess what - your epeen is irrelevant. Its just a video game.
    I think it's down to personal opinion and Blizzard having the final say. If Blizzard wants their to be exclusive rewards like the Warbear, Immortal etc.. then they can keep them exclusive, like they have done. I also have the Immortal etc and it wouldn't bother me either, I'm just happy they're still exclusive as it adds a nice layer of unique'ness to my toons. If I see somebody run by with a AQ mount, it feels pretty cool I won't be able to get it and it's just a super rare item in the game (I do however regret not transferring to a new server in WOLTK for one though ).

I didn't suggest to remove rewards, where did you read/interpret that? I just said the system they have in place is a good one and it's healthy for an MMO, especially one this old and with this much history. Also talking about "epeen" here is a bit irrelevant, like I said before I think it's really cool when somebody passes me with an unobtainable mount/achievement, it gives an idea of when they played and what they did at that time (raiding certain difficulties or spending time farming etc).

I think your issue comes across that you believe anybody with a specific title/mount is coming across as elitist who wants to stroke their epeen. When in reality it's just a player with a title that's unobtainable and it adds some flair to the game.

Also for some people it's more than just a video game, there's players around who have spent over a decade of their lives playing, myself included. Either way I'm happy Blizzard keeps certain things unobtainable and will continue to in the future (even the things I don't have)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    So by your logic no matter how many times I saw the old Amani War Bear, the ZG Tiger and Raptor drop just because I never won the roll means I shouldn't be allowed to ever have them again? Seems kind of dumb and goes against your entitlement comment since you in turn would be showing the same thing.

Does it mean I want them handed to me because I saw them drop? No. Having the chance to see it drop again would be nice. I imagine if you want to do a survey on all the WoW players there would be only a handful who would care about the "prestige" of it. I've played the game since alpha/beta and stuff like that looks cool, but I don't see them as being any better than me just because they have it. Some mounts will always have an intriguing look, some won't. Just because you have one though doesn't change anything.
    It's just a case of being unlucky unfortunately, some players were just more fortunate. Blizzard even added in similar models to the older ones in later expansions you could obtain, which was a solid move as it didn't take away from others luck/achievements but allowed new players to get similar rewards. I mean, if you didn't get a "realm first" achievement because your internet disconnected and your guild filled the spot and down it, would you complain to your ISP/Blizzard? Probably not, it was just an unlucky event that happened.

I don't think players are better than me for having things that are no longer obtainable, I think it's a pretty cool thing to see something so unique still in the game, good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelium View Post
    I don't care whether I am called a noob but I reckon that if you do the Firelands raid for example, you should have a guaranteed chance of getting the flying mount.. as proof of having done the raid... I have soloed that place 200 odd times on Mythic and never got the mount.
    Mythic Firelands? That doesn't exist.

- - - Updated - - -

"Eventually you should be rewarded for all your effort". You will be, when it drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Good thing Blizzard isn't listening to people like you.

Removing drops would only punish players who weren't playing at specific time, who weren't lucky when drop was current or who simply didn't win rolls.

For example lets take current prestige mount: mythic Gul'dan's mount. To get mounts for all players guild needs to kill it 20-30 times, so they need to farm it for many months while its current. But what if it stops being current before everyone gets mount? Did players who didn't get mount earn them? Yes, they did. They just weren't lucky enough with rolls. Should they be punished because they weren't lucky? According to your logic they should because you got lucky. How is that fair?
    You don't EARN any mounts and you're not PUNISHED if you don't get it. It's just a mount.... get over it.

You just EARNED the drama queen award with your post.

Deleted
    whats the point in collecting something if its easy to collect it?

No.
    /10 chars

The current system is fine. If you want a guaranteed drop chance then clear the content while it's relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope.

I would like them to make some raids from previous expansions easier to solo (mechanics wise). So that way we wouldn't be dependant on other players to farm our pet/toy/mount/transmog.
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

Hmmm.... poll options feel a little biased toward a particular choice. Wonder what the OP voted for...

Current system is fine. The mounts are supposed to be a reward for effort. Blizzard just moves the effort from difficulty when current to time investment later when they greatly reduce the drop rate. Wanting something that other people have received via effort for very little effort is entitlement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been farming invincible on between 1 and 3 characters for the last 3 or so years. Would I like the mount? Well, why else would I do it for that long?

But no, the rarity is part of why I want it so bad, so if it dropped for everyone in the first X go's, it wouldn't be as rare.

I think mounts (and other rare drop cosmetics) should have a bad luck protection system, especially the ones that are 0.1%, but I don't think it should kick in earlier than the average, so I voted Other. Somewhere around 300 kills for 1% drops (based on account-wide kills) would be good, 50 is way too soon (I'd say ~2k for 0.1%). The goal is to prevent cases of extreme bad luck, not to straight out make the mounts easier to get.

Problem is, I don't think this is very easy to implement. What do you do when the player is not alone in the raid? Do you reset their bad luck protection if someone else wins the mount? If you do, it suck big time, if you don't, they can just sell the mount every week. Neither situation is good, so even if they do this, it can only apply to newer mounts that are personal loot (and even then, the mechanics of party trading can be a problem).

On another note, the people who prattle about "exclusivity", "hard work" and "earning stuff" disgust me beyond words. Do something in real life to feel proud about, don't cling to some cosmetic item in a game that you don't want anyone else to get because you want it to make you special. One expansion of exclusivity for hard content rewards is enough.

No.

Not only this would devalue the mount, but also make the whole process way less interesting and way more frustrating.

The feeling of needing another "X" so you can finally get the reward.Feeling that turns the whole process into a chore.

Also,there is no excitement in predictable things, you already now you gonna get it, just like everyone else in the freaking game.

With the current system, when you finally get Invincible, or the Timewalk Drake or even Rivendare's Charge. You feel happy, satisfied,accomplished, like everything you did paid off.Yes it can take 1 run or 1K runs, but is the unpredictability that gives the excitement and the Rarity.

Proof of it, just search on Youtube where there is thousands of reactions with people going crazy because the mount finally dropped.Tell me, when people got crazy because they finish the Wod legendary questline?

The only things i would like to change are either:

1-Be able to run the Dungeon/raid as many times as i want, making the second pointless.

2-Be able to run all Raids dificulties in the same Week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    If anything, these mounts should be finally removed from the game. It's rediculous that PvP rewards become unobtainable, but PvP scrubs and others can still obtain high end PvE rewards several years after the content was current.
    PvP scrubs? Because killing of PvE scripted dragons is hard /facepalm. Here is your reason why PvE mounts are later on obtainable for everyone.

Keep RNG while almost adding a "bad luck protection" feature to the drop rate. I believe commitment should be rewarded.

Example;

Typical drop rate is around the 1% mark. First attempt is 1%. If that fails next week it'll be 2%. Fail again? 3% the week after, etc. so should you fail non-stop it'll be 100% in 100 week's time.

I've killed the huntsman almost 1,3k times with all my alts and stuff and I still do not have the mount so I vote'd for "get it the hard way" cause I'll be damned if I ever stop dying inside when a person goes "oh, I havent done kara for a long time, should run it trough", 3 min later, he/she gets the achi for the mount.

Don't care, they are just useless cosmetic stuff, I'll still use the robot for gathering and looking cooler than any mount drop.

Deleted
    I value an item because it has personal meaning to me, not because it's rare or not.

I love my Ashes of Al'ar, though I did not win the roll when it dropped for the first time in our guild run (and afterwards, I have not seen it). So I had to farm it on my own, when it was still tricky and not a steamroll experience. But I don't care if people get it now, and how fast they do it. I have mine, I love it, it's perfect for my main who is a BE mage - currently even fire -, and I will love it even if everybody else has this mount.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tinary View Post
    I've killed the huntsman almost 1,3k times with all my alts and stuff and I still do not have the mount so I vote'd for "get it the hard way" cause I'll be damned if I ever stop dying inside when a person goes "oh, I havent done kara for a long time, should run it trough", 3 min later, he/she gets the achi for the mount.
    You are a sore loser.