Poll: Will Trump be impeached in 2017?

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Will Trump be impeached in 2017?

Simple thread with 2 poll answers: yes or no.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno

but my popcorn cruisers are in maximum overdrive

I love it when Trump does something retarded and people say "this is the straw that broke the camel's back. Now he's really suspicious and no one will like him and he'll be impeached." Those are the same people that smugly thought no one would even vote for him.

He's not getting impeached.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt it'll happen that fast.

But . . . the Republicans in Congress aren't fond of him and would probably prefer if Pence was in charge, so I can see a fair amount of them siding with the Dems in an impeachment trial, if it comes to that.

However, if the Dems win in 2018, I think the odds go up dramatically.
    Putin khuliyo

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Doubt it'll happen that fast.

But . . . the Republicans in Congress aren't fond of him and would probably prefer if Pence was in charge, so I can see a fair amount of them siding with the Dems in an impeachment trial, if it comes to that.

However, if the Dems win in 2018, I think the odds go up dramatically.
    And I predict if the Dems win in 2018, I think his odds of being reelected will go down dramatically.

I wish I could say yes, but if he hasn't been impeached by now I doubt he will be.

He's regarded by some as "speed running" Nixon's presidency, he's damaging America in the eyes of the world, threatening alliances, going against American traditions, particularly political ones, and is showing himself to be far too prone to anger and has elements of mental instability that should make anyone in a position of power cringe. But he hasn't yet been taken to task for it, so it's doubt he will be unless he REALLY does something stupid, like try to arrest a judge or something.

Interesting times.

Do we really need this thread every week?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I love it when Trump does something retarded and people say "this is the straw that broke the camel's back. Now he's really suspicious and no one will like him and he'll be impeached." Those are the same people that smugly thought no one would even vote for him.

He's not getting impeached.
    I think I said that line multiple times during the primaries until I realized the stupider Trump got, the more support he got from his supporters.

It was one of the most astonishing and horrifying thing I've seen. He should have been disqualified from running so many goddamn times and now he's the fucking President? How does that happen?

How did we get to the point that electing a narcissistic sociopathical ignoramus becomes a real possibility?
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course not. Paul Ryan is his lap dog and will never draft the articles of impeachment.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Not when his team controls the decision.

- - - Updated - - -

Lets also consider what would happen if he was impeached. You now get Mike Pence as President!

Which is Trump, with even more pandering to the Christian Churches.

Sooooo....even if he does get impeached, nothing will change.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    he win the elections, you need to drop it and accept that

he will probably win a second term too.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Do we really need this thread every week?
    It's not just a thread. It's a poll.

Fresh and new.

Impeached or not you'll still be stuck with the Republican party so there won't be much of a change, well maybe feeling less embarrassed by his comments and I guess that would be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Of course not. Paul Ryan is his lap dog and will never draft the articles of impeachment.
    Ryan is a rat and will sell out Trump the moment he feels threatened.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    he win the elections, you need to drop it and accept that

he will probably win a second term too.
    The issue is the electoral college was designed to prevent someone like him becoming president, but it failed through self-interest.

"Drop it and accept it" isn't a very appealing option when it goes against the foundations of your country's political system.

7+ Year Old Account
    Impeach: Not a chance in hell.

Resign: I'm starting to believe it could happen at any time. I don't think Trump understood all that he was going to deal with on a foreign policy level, then again most Americans wouldn't understand that.

So he's now stuck dealing with crisis after crisis in China, Ukraine, Syria, Iran, Yemen, Libya, Egypt etc. I think the entire situation can be summed up by a quote from House of Cards.

"You'd hate being president...You make a thousand decisions every day that no one knows or cares about."

The issue is the electoral college was designed to prevent someone like him becoming president, but it failed through self-interest.
    The electoral college was created by the founders to prevent the Tyranny of the Majority.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyranny_of_the_majority

As for what electors can do, that's another matter.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2017-05-12 at 03:38 PM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Impeach: Not a chance in hell.

Resign: I'm starting to believe it could happen at any time. I don't think Trump understood all that he was going to deal with on a foreign policy level, then again most Americans wouldn't understand that.

So he's now stuck dealing with crisis after crisis in China, Ukraine, Syria, Iran, Yemen, Libya, Egypt etc. I think the entire situation can be summed up by a quote from House of Cards.

"You'd hate being president...You make a thousand decisions every day that no one knows or cares about."
    My money is on quit, not resign. As in, no call - no show. He'll just go on another vacation, and never come back.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    My money is on quit, not resign. As in, no call - no show. He'll just go on another vacation, and never come back.
    This. Resign means he has to acknowledge he fucked up and that is something he'll never do.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    This. Resign means he has to acknowledge he fucked up and that is something he'll never do.
    Resigning due to "health reasons" is always a possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Resigning due to "health reasons" is always a possibility.
    But he told "doctor" Oz that he has the health of a 30 year old.

-Kujako-