Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    You know this is going to be a double edged sword, right? Because now they won't be able to say: "We didn't say that" if it's all in writing.
    It's slightly better than being on video and saying it. You can at least claim someone forged the written stuff.

And let's not get into his rampant use of twitter as a digital paper trail of contradictions.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's fascinating how blindly people defend Trump when you can just go to his twitter feed to find directly contradicting tweets or ones that are just clearly lies. No "fake news media" needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    It's slightly better than being on video and saying it. You can at least claim someone forged the written stuff.

And let's not get into his rampant use of twitter as a digital paper trail of contradictions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Oh the hell they won't. They'll just claim the documents were edited.
    Fair enough, I don't know why that didn't cross my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    It's fascinating how blindly people defend Trump when you can just go to his twitter feed to find directly contradicting tweets or ones that are just clearly lies. No "fake news media" needed.
    Vision is a liberal plot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Shall i warp in the cruisers?
    well, yes
    you should really think in opening a portal to the void, icanbet that the voidlords make specially delicious popcorn!

infracted - minor spam
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-05-12 at 06:05 PM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    well, yes
    you should really think in opening a portal to the void, icanbet that the voidlords make specially delicious popcorn!
    I am currently negotiating a contract

infracted - minor spam
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-05-12 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bighud44 View Post
    Yeah has nothing to do with the false reporting that goes on.

Same liberal media outlet proclaims there MIGHT have been collusion with Russia, yet NO PROOF at all of it. But since the media outlet said there is we have to investigate. The only reports of it was from the liberal journalist.

Same liberal media outlet says they have sources that say the Assistance Attorney General threatens to resign over the firing. He gets on TV and says he NEVER threaten anything and he in fact did recommend the firing.

What he is saying is that since what they say at the briefings are spun to fit the liberal media agenda, maybe it would be better to hand them written statements. That way when they lie and spin the truth, they can call BS and show the written statement.
    Yeah, it's that damned liberal media that's the problem and not their inability to get their stories straight.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...go-out-and-lie

A former communications director to President George W. Bush on Friday ripped President Trump's White House communication strategy following the ousting of former FBI Director James Comey.

Nicole Wallace said that it is extraordinary to see Trump and his White House officials contradict each other on Comey's firing, adding that she was never instructed to "go out and lie" to the public.

"I cannot overstate how extraordinary it is. I worked in a White House that was far from perfect, but I never was asked to go out and lie and I was never caught in a lie by a president who went out and contradicted me," she said in an interview with NBC News.

"What the president does over and over again is create a reality that is completely detached from the reality that he believed in hours before," she added.

"No one is immune from ... whatever he believes to be true at the moment."

The White House originally maintained that Trump made the decision to fire Comey after the Deputy Attorney General Ron Rosenstein sent a memo to the president, stating that Comey had done “substantial damage” to the FBI’s credibility.

Several days later, however, Trump seemed to have directly contradicted his White House staff, telling NBC’s Lester Holt that his mind was made up about Comey even before receiving the memo.

“I was going to fire regardless of the recommendation,” Trump said.

Having it all written certainly gives them time to double check things. Whether that's to avoid saying something stupid or to to ensure their lies are consistent depends on who you ask.

Considering Trump's tweets I doubt the former.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.