Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This "bash the fash" and anti-fascist shit is just a juvenile power fantasy for leftist ninnies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Violence solves things more times than not.

You know that the movie was satire, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The "seriously though" indicates that they do not hold the previous sentence to be their view.
    Oh, well, I missed that phrase, my bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Educative video:
    It's funny how these people make the Nazis look like the sane, trustworthy ones. Like watching that video, I feel I'd rather be around them than these bat-swinging maniacs. How much things have changed in the last 2 decades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    I think a violent response to certain threats can be valid.
    You would fall foul of your own argument.

You are calling for people to be punched for potential violence, which means you should get punched for advocating the violence against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    You know that the movie was satire, right?
    Yep, but the core of the exchange was spot on.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

You would fall foul of your own argument.

You are calling for people to be punched for potential violence, which means you should get punched for advocating the violence against them.
    Nah, I'm cool. There's certain achievements in our society like the idea that people are born with inalienable human rights, which is objectively better than other ideas and defending those from people who disagree merits a bit of violence to protect what we have.

Nah, I'm cool. There's certain achievements in our society like the idea that people are born with inalienable human rights, which is objectively better than other ideas and defending those from people who disagree merits a bit of violence to protect what we have.
    You have done nothing to deny you should be treated to preemptive violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    OK, but fighting actual subversion is one thing and punching anyone with a different opinion is another. It may seem paradoxical, but allowing people to have illiberal views on state and governance is in and of itself an expression of liberal values, as freedom of speech and rule of law are core liberal values. If you fight against that, as opposed to fighting against actual attempts to codify things that alter or undermine it, you are assaulting the very values you claim to defend.
    You're a better person than me for thinking like that. Then again, I have given up on democracy over the last few years, considering those qualified to vote or lead are statistically way less likely to have children, so holding a vote is asking largely stupid people who think they know better than experts. But all the reasons for technocracy is asking different topic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You have done nothing to deny you should be treated to preemptive violence.
    If you feel my words are a threat to your person, loved ones, family or sexual orientation, go ahead. I was always partial to the idea of "fighting words" and how to treat them.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are calling for political violence to punish people for having views you do not agree with. You realise that is an extremist position, don't you?

You are a fascist, in the colloquial sense, who is calling for violence against fascists. You get beaten up in your world.

You're a better person than me for thinking like that. Then again, I have given up on democracy over the last few years, considering those qualified to vote or lead are statistically way less likely to have children, so holding a vote is asking largely stupid people who think they know better than experts. But all the reasons for technocracy is asking different topic.

- - - Updated - - -

If you feel my words are a threat to your person, loved ones, family or sexual orientation, go ahead. I was always partial to the idea of "fighting words" and how to treat them.
    I'm sure you'll accept it, "Defender of inalienable rights".

10+ Year Old Account
    Antifa Man...defending against fascism by being a fascist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who said theres something wrong with punching nazis? Hitler wanted to kill or subjugate everyone who wasn "aryan". Neo Nazis has done nothing but hold on to Hitlers worse ideas and are responsible for a litany of hate crimes. Anyone who self identifies with such a group is not worth dignity or understanding. The ought to be proud our interpretation of tge First Amendment tolerates their ignorance.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

You are calling for political violence to punish people for having views you do not agree with. You realise that is an extremist position, don't you?

You are a fascist, in the colloquial sense, who is calling for violence against fascists. You get beaten up in your world.
    When that political opinion breaks a country's constitution it ceases to be a valid direction to take your party or ideology.

When that political opinion breaks a country's constitution it ceases to be a valid direction to take your party or ideology.
    Oh Lord. You are WORSE than anti-obama patriots.

As I said: Fighting words. The idea is that there is words that warrant a knuckle sandwich. Let a judge or jury decide.

Why are people against it? Well, using violence against those you disagree with isn't really something we should be supporting. The label fascist is thrown around far too liberally, and whilst some of them are white supremacists, it is also a term now used for anyone who doesn't agree with certain far left regressive values, thrown around by some people. Typically by those who are filled with hate and want to be violent, and this is their justification, so that when they do it, it is something righteous, not something to be condemned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Shouldn't it just be Anti-Authoritarianism in general? Or are we ok with other types of Authoritarian systems and just not fascism specifically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Relevant music track.

Oh Lord. You are WORSE than anti-obama patriots.
    So you are in favor of parties openly willing to break the constitution? If they get elected and do it, it's the will of the people, right?

So you are in favor of parties openly willing to break the constitution? If they get elected and do it, it's the will of the people, right?
    Who broke the fucking Constitution?!

A large problem comes when they label anyone who has differing views to them as fascists, so use it as an excuse to hit anybody they disagree with.

Plus of course it is not exactly a sign that you are capable of mature political discourse, when you threaten to beat people up for having views you dislike.
    Once again kalis hits the nail on the head.

If your ideology is so fragile that your default response to someone's beliefs you disagree with is violence, then maybe its time to rethink your positions.