10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Cant we all be civil?
    Fuck that, talk shit get hit. Niggas need to learn to hold their wrong opinions to themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Affixiation View Post
    Fuck that, talk shit get hit. Niggas need to learn to hold their wrong opinions to themselves.
    Come at the king, you best not miss.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

rawr
    how is everypony this fine evening?

10+ Year Old Account
    You could see us everyday!
    You just choose not to. So we're not the problem, you are.
    Catch up with the times grandpa, this is the age of information and you either keep up or get left behind.
    You could choose to visit here every day, but you don't do that either. See? This goes both ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daginni View Post
    Why are you acting like we're bad people for leaving to discord? There are 28 people online right now in our Discord, most of the community who was here. The community you claimed "abandoned" you is thriving in discord. It has a lot more features, like voice chat, and multiple channels and instant messaging. Its just better than this decade old forum that honestly doesnt care about us too much.

Time and time again I was reminded by Boub and his mods that we were nothing but annoyance that took up a ton of bandwidth.
    Did I say it was bad? I don't recall.

And all of those are just your opinions about Discord. Some of us like it here. You like it there. That's fine. But if you're expecting a massively overzealous friendly welcome back, you won't get one from me. I haven't spoken to any of you in ages and you are little more than acquaintances now and will be treated as such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirusitavia View Post
    Hah

I find it humorous that you, of all people, have the balls to assume what goes on in my mind. Good thing I'm certainly not lurking the thread almost always, my friend

And I have certainly not been the one doing the ignoring. Except, of course, steam must have bugged and deleted me off your friends list the last 3 times it happened, right?
    Oh come off your horse "My Friend." Your sarcasm was not lost in the realm of the silent keyboard. And, again, why are you talking about things I didn't even say? I don't care what you are thinking about or doing. I'm explaining that you can't leave a house, come back in 3 years, and expect people to act like you never left in the first place. You'll be treated kindly and cordially as strangers from me. That's all I said.

And why should I keep people on steam whom I don't converse with with some degree of frequency?

Oh, and accusing me of being here all the time is hardly an insult. You'll have to ramp up your game.

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

MLP princess song

Star Vs. The Forces of Evil princess song (spoilers past the first act)

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    You could choose to visit here every day, but you don't do that either. See? This goes both ways.
    Sounds like you're just lonely frey, but its ok. If you were to just join the discord you could have all your old friends back and id be there to call you a nigger!

Quote Originally Posted by Djorana View Post
    Yes, this actually does happen, believe it or not.
    When in an engaging discussion or conversation, I, and I am sure others as well, have started responding as soon as something new was posted or simulatenously, and the flow of an actual chat made it a lot easier to naturally follow the conversation than having to refresh, only seeing new things _after_ your current one is done being typed and going back and forth between pages here.
    Okay, so you're saying that at no time do you wait for a response from anyone in the conversation? You always get a quick response, no matter what, that every single person chimes in as soon as you make your response. You want me to believe that everyone is waiting for your response like you're the pope and doing nothing else but staring at their screen, fingers on their keyboard just waiting for your message to hit the screen, immediately hitting keys as they read it.

Come on, even in a perfect world that doesn't happen.

And yes, it can be fast and slow.
    Nothing can be fast and slow, it can be either, that's like saying something can be two dimensional and three dimensional at the same time.

So the few times it happened later, during the time you said the thread was practically dead, was such a hassle proved that you needed to download something? These are small moments that shouldn't be a hassle, and honestly they never were a hassle.

It's just.. nicer. And we tend to be lazy creatures so we like our conveniences. :3
    Nice generalization there.

You act like you have never used anything other than the thread. Never spoken to anyone in WoW, Steam, Skype, etc..
    To talk to people from here outside of here? No, none of you want to talk to me outside of here, so don't get too high up on your high horse.

I use WoW to talk to people I only talk to people on WoW with. I don't talk to anyone on Steam, don't even have a friend on it. As for Skype the only two people I talk to on that are outside of here prefer it over the just as easy mode of communication in which we met. None of them are because it's easier than a website, but because that's where I met those persons. I'm not going to force them to use something else because I'm not a prick to force others to do something because I find something isn't "easy" enough to use.

Sarcastic comments tend to be quite good at making people actually explain themselves, instead of just going "hurr duh, I don't like _thing_, fuck _thing_! _thing_ is the cause for _root of all evil_!" without ever actually thinking about their points or reflecting.
    And apparently you're not above insulting others in a discussion. Sure does look like "anyone" can join if you're ready to insult people.

So I guess I "Hurr duh" this whole time eh? I say Discord killed where we started and you say I'm dumb, got it. So I guess your whole argument eventually boils down to insults.

And so far most arguments of yours have either been kortin-eqsue memery (heck, tons worse even) or just.. been really uninformed or ignorant about the whole issue.
    And insulting even more people. I say Discord killed the thread and you insult two people. Real adult of you.

Oh and maybe you can be a lot less sarcastic, using less "memes", and try having a civil conversation. There is no need for insults or using pictures acting like I'm stupid. This isn't the 2016 presidential election where we insult one another, we're actually trying to debate here.

But then people stopped trying. And it all slowly fell apart. It pains me that the last two times I went into this thread, where I spent so much time of my life talking to friends, I was basically told to fuck off.
    Where? Where did this happen? When did it happen? Show us when Frey or anyone else told you to leave or that anyone told you or anyone else to "fuck off" because of Discord. All we want is for you guys to come back, you're the ones that left because we and this place weren't good enough for you. Even if that was true, why would Frey make you leave? One comment from Daginni is that you can ignore people on Discord. Well you can do that here as well so why didn't you do that with him if it bugged you so much?

You could see us everyday!
    You just choose not to. So we're not the problem, you are.
    You could do the same thing, it goes both ways.

I find it humorous that you, of all people, have the balls to assume what goes on in my mind. Good thing I'm certainly not lurking the thread almost always, my friend
    Is he wrong though? Up until a few days ago when suddenly a few of you came back for 30 minutes you have only come back when I said Discord killed the thread.

I have to ask you, if this place and the people were so terrible why come back at all? Why is it when I only speak ill of Discord do you feel the need to come back?

I'm having a debate about the usefulness of Discord compared to the thread and website, if I win it or not or if I'm "right" or "wrong", you and the others are coming here like we've attacked your pride and honor, telling us how awful this place has always been and how awful we are. I'm having a civil discussion, until insults were thrown around, you all think we're attacking you.

So Discord is the right opinion?
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2017-05-12 at 11:27 PM.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    *SNIP*
    Holy shit Don, stop taking everything as a personal insult.

The move to Discord isn't because you aren't good enough, it's because the website is inconvenient for fast-paced chatting.

We didn't come back to "defend Discord," we "came back" to troll Affix, who was temporarily banned from Discord.

Hell, most of us didn't "come back" at all. I've lurked the thread since moving to Discord, it just so happens that most of the threaders are in Discord, because it's just plain better for the kinds of discussions we want to have.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing can be fast and slow
    I was gonna make this huge post deconstructing your entire post that all boiled down to you being a whiny little bitch that needs to nut up or shut up. But I just wanted to quote this part and laugh at how stupid you are for completely missing the point of the statement of it being fast and slow. Its the same as the fucking thread you mongoloid, at times chat can be fast and at times chat can be slow. Therefore it can be fast and slow.

People don't talk to you outside of the thread? They talk to me outside it. Sounds like you're just a boring fuck that nobody wants to talk to.

Holy fuck Don at this point I dont think anyone would want you in the discord.

You're all silly faces

I was gonna make this huge post deconstructing your entire post that all boiled down to you being a whiny little bitch that needs to nut up or shut up.
    You have a point about that, I do need to do that. You can deconstruct it all of you want, go ahead. I prefer these debates, it's actual conversation going on here. Since you didn't deconstruct it I see you didn't nut up, nor did you shut up either.

But I just wanted to quote this part and laugh at how stupid you are for completely missing the point of the statement of it being fast and slow.
    Speaking of missing the point. That is a debate between me and her about which is better, the site or discord, but you take away the one sentence where I say others don't like to talk to me. Pot meet kettle. Instead of focusing on the debate you would rather try to insult me like a child.

Its the same as the fucking thread you mongoloid, at times chat can be fast and at times chat can be slow. Therefore it can be fast and slow.
    No, that means at any one time it is either slow OR fast, not both. If it is slow one moment then it can't be fast, and if it is fast it can't be slow in that moment.

People don't talk to you outside of the thread? They talk to me outside it. Sounds like you're just a boring fuck that nobody wants to talk to.
    You're right about that.

Also, lol at trying to insult me. All you're doing is telling me things I already know with these "insults", that's like telling me that water is wet.

Holy fuck Don at this point I dont think anyone would want you in the discord.
    They did before? I think you forgot to say "the last 5 years I don't think anyone would want you", because that would have been a much better insult.

Seriously, if you're going to step into the "insult Dontrike" game you gotta step it up big time, because you're a novice going up against a Grand Master of insulting myself. If you want to do better you need to increase your insult vernacular ability and vocabulary because you came at me like a 2nd grader.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Holy shit Don, stop taking everything as a personal insult.
    Yet another person that only took the one part where I insult myself, which is nothing out of the norm, instead of the actual debate.

The move to Discord isn't because you aren't good enough, it's because the website is inconvenient for fast-paced chatting.
    There was no fast-paced chatting going on. You've all said this place was slow and practically dead. If fast paced chatting was still going on then I can give you that, but you can't say this place was slow and yet too fast for its own good that you needed something else.

We didn't come back to "defend Discord," we "came back" to troll Affix, who was temporarily banned from Discord.
    Yes, I already mentioned that you guys came back a few days ago, but for yesterday you came back for the specific reason to defend Discord. You all were gone for a couple days up until I made that comment, which is what sparked this whole thing.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2017-05-13 at 12:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

just gonna put this right here.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Speaking of missing the point. That is a debate between me and her about which is better, but you take away the one sentence where I say others don't like to talk to me. Pot meet kettle.

No, that means at any one time it is either slow OR fast, not both. If it is slow one moment then it can't be fast, and if it is fast it can't be slow in that moment.

And we're saying that for the types of discussion we like to have, hell even the types of discussions these threads used to have in the days we first joined, Discord is *objectively better.* It's easier to read, respond, and tag multiple people in Discord.

You're arguing semantics at this point. You know what he means by faster. Discord is *more responsive.* It doesn't hang when trying to post, you won't miss 15 responses while writing yours, because they're scrolling in real time. Your response won't get missed because it's the last one on a page, because there are no pages. It's *better for idle chatting.*

- - - Updated - - -

There was no fast-paced chatting going on. You've all said this place was slow and practically dead. If fast paced chatting was still going on then I can give you that, but you can't say this place was slow and yet too fast for its own good.
    Don, you've been in the threads a long fucking time man. You know full well how fast the threads used to move. We wanted that back, but in a venue better suited for it. That's why we moved to Discord. You can, and we do, have fast-paced discussion in Discord much easier than you can on MMO-C.

10+ Year Old Account
    Discord is good, Discord made stuff easier, Discord made us use voice chat more too and gift us loli games via steam more too.

I don't see anything negative about it, except that some thread is being used less and some cling to it.
    Sig by Thor

Hell, most of us didn't "come back" at all. I've lurked the thread since moving to Discord, it just so happens that most of the threaders are in Discord, because it's just plain better for the kinds of discussions we want to have.
    I didn't even know we had a Discord so I've just been sitting back watching.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I didn't even know we had a Discord so I've just been sitting back watching.
    [IMG]https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/mlp/images/4/45/Discord_eating_popcorn_S2E2.png/revision/latest?cb=20121205012845[/IG]
    You can join us, if you like! I got an invite link sitting around somewhere if you would like to PM me to hop in.

You're arguing semantics at this point.
    Yes, I am. I'm looking for ANY conversation at this point, but there's a problem with your argument. I'm actually relishing in this because it's actual talking for once.

You can, and we do, have fast-paced discussion in Discord much easier than you can on MMO-C.
    This. You don't want that, heck three people here question Discord or dislike it and are being called niggers, whiny bitches, boring, that people don't want them, saying we actively don't want them around, and that they are as dumb as other people. If all it takes is one simple statement, one that is factually true, to send you all into a frenzy that kind of means you don't want to have this or any discussion.

You say we can have discussions and chats, but the moment one tries they are insulted by those in another group, which were a part of this very group at one time, even though you and others keep saying how it brought the community together and yet it seems like there are many that DON'T want that very thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by W1shm4ster View Post
    Discord is good, Discord made stuff easier, Discord made us use voice chat more too and gift us loli games via steam more too.
    To be fair the Vent channel did that same thing too.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2017-05-13 at 12:38 AM.

Yes, I am. I'm looking for ANY conversation at this point, but there's a problem with your argument. I'm actually relishing in this because it's actual talking for once.

This. You don't want that, heck three people here question Discord or dislike it and are being called niggers, whiny bitches, boring, that people don't want them, and that they are as dumb as other people. If all it takes is one simple statement, one that is factually true, to send you all into a frenzy that kind of means you don't want to have this or any discussion.

You say we can have discussions and chats, but the moment one tries they are insulted by those in another group, even though you and others keep saying how it brought the community together and yet it seems like there is no problem with many that DON'T want that very thing.
    Dude, Affix calls everyone nigger. It's literally what he does.

And Ziru didn't say you were dumb, he said your memory is faulty, and it is. I remember you going off about how Discord was the death knell for the thread. When someone says you're ignorant it doesn't mean you're dumb, it means you don't seem to have the facts. It's only dumb if you choose to remain ignorant.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair the Vent channel did that same thing too.
    The vent channel was poorly maintained, unfortunately, and vent chat kinda sucked.

Dude, Affix calls everyone nigger. It's literally what he does.
    Let me get this straight. He calls someone a very racist term, and we all need to be fine with because he does it all the time, but when I make throw shit my own way that are just as bad, something I've been doing my whole life and something that you all should be used to to the Nth degree it's suddenly up to others to tell me to stop, and they expect me to. Do you see the fault in that that one is okay but the other isn't even though one can be construed to be terrible for many while one is literally only hurting myself, a.k.a. no one.

See the problem with that logic?

And Ziru didn't say you were dumb, he said your memory is faulty, and it is. I remember you going off about how Discord was the death knell for the thread. When someone says you're ignorant it doesn't mean you're dumb, it means you don't seem to have the facts. It's only dumb if you choose to remain ignorant.
    I didn't say that Ziru said anything about me being dumb. I gave no names in that part you quoted. I know I'm a fat ass and eat almost anything, but don't put words in my mouth, because I don't eat everything.

And in fact Discord was the death knell of the thread, even though I never used that term specifically, because that is indeed what happened. The thread itself is dying from it, that can't be refuted. If everyone went to Discord the thread would be dead, that's just a fact, and that so many left that it is in the state in which I stated.

As for the ignorant part, no one has said anything of that myself or anyone else, so I'm unsure as to where that came from.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2017-05-13 at 12:50 AM.

Let me get this straight. He calls someone a very racist term, and we all need to be fine with because he does it all the time, but when I make throw shit my own way that are just as bad, something I've been doing my whole life and something that you all should be used to to the Nth degree it's suddenly up to others to tell me to stop, and they expect me to. Do you see the fault in that that one is okay but the other isn't even though one can be construed to be terrible for many while one is literally only hurting myself, a.k.a. no one.

See the problem with that logic?

I didn't say that Ziru said anything about me being dumb. I gave no names in that part you quoted. I know I'm a fat ass, but don't put words in my mouth.

And in fact Discord was the death knell of the thread, even though I never used that term specifically, because that is indeed what happened. The thread itself is dying from it, that can't be refuted.

As for the ignorant part, no one has said anything of that myself or anyone else, so I'm unsure as to where that came from.
    Dude, ignore Affix. Affix is a troll. It's literally all he does. He shitposts. He wants you riled.

Ziru said you came off as ignorant. It's just a little bit up the page, I scrolled up to get his exact wording as opposed to what you interpreted it as. Nobody is calling you stupid, they're calling you uninformed and frankly frighteningly incapable of recalling actual chains of events. The Discord chat wasn't hidden from anyone. Nobody has even been banned from it long-term that I can recall. It's always just people messing with each other. We want people in the Discord. That's the whole point.