Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    and still they do not try to emigrate legally despite such a merit list... you are kidding yourself.
    K now think it through. How do you apply for a visa? And how do you travel from Syria?

I'm sure they will catch the next 747...

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    K now think it through. How do you apply for a visa? And how do you travel from Syria?

Not by boat like several others? Or do they teleport?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Not by boat like several others? Or do they teleport?
    'Oh hi is this the visa office?' *gunfire in the background*
    'I'm mohammad, yea so, ISIS took over and Assad blew up my house, any chance you can send me a visa application form, do you deliver to Raqqa? I think the postmen might be dead oh and as I mentioned i don't have an address because it exploded so it will be sporting of you to send a courier, ill pay the extra 10 bucks, cheers lads.'

'Oh hi is this the visa office?' *gunfire in the background*
    'I'm mohammad, yea so, ISIS took over and Assad blew up my house, any chance you can send me a visa application form, do you deliver to Raqqa? I think the postmen might be dead oh and as I mentioned i don't have an address because it exploded so it will be sporting of you to send a courier, ill pay the extra 10 bucks, cheers lads.'
    How have they applied before?

Deleted
    How have they applied before?
    They had a functioning country.

They had a functioning country.
    With the Assad regime we're supposedly freeing people from in place then?

Deleted
    With the Assad regime we're supposedly freeing people from in place then?
    Huh? I don't understand.

Huh? I don't understand.
    Nevermind. I'm certain what's needed to apply for visas can be found at camps, since you can apply for asylum there.

Quote Originally Posted by AlereanJr View Post
    People don't cross the oceans with their families in broken down, shoddy vessels for no reason. You've probably never even left home. What would you know about survival and suffering?
    Running away will not fix their country nor help those who are unable to emigrate. Borders exist for a simple reason: to prevent people from fucking up their habitat and migrating somewhere else. Why should people who fought for their land, for their future, accept those who fled?

It's heartbreaking if it's true.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Those 60 children definitely needed some 30mm cannon fire! /s
    If children are dying because their parents commit a crime, the blame for their deaths fall on them, not on the authorities.

Deleted

I am sure they did not start there boat trip from the cost of Syria.....hence they passed a number of countries who do have western embassies....

i hate the piano music they added to it

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    If children are dying because their parents commit a crime, the blame for their deaths fall on them, not on the authorities.
    By law, it falls on authorities. Maritime law and all. Also, who is "them"? Children or their parents?

10+ Year Old Account
    Its amazing how afraid people are of children.

I think this lunatics think everyone from Syria is rural poor. The don't understand that Syria was a functioning country and doctors, nurses, mechanics, engineers, hell every fucking profession fled the war.
    Maybe the Italians don't like children? So they be like.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Maritime law and all.
    I doubt maritime law is applied to those who is going to commit a crime of illegal border crossing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    I doubt maritime law is applied to those who is going to commit a crime of illegal border crossing.
    Maritime law is still in effect.... you have to assist if you are in position and it do not constitutes an unacceptable risk to your ship/crew.....

This entire thread is depressing. Both the story and theposters.

If you lack compassion, you should at least care avout the law. There was a duty to rescue then. If Italy didn't want them, send them back. You don't just let people drown though when you have the ability to save them.

Quote Originally Posted by lazypeon100 View Post
    This entire thread is depressing. Both the story and theposters.

If you lack compassion, you should at least care avout the law. There was a duty to rescue then. If Italy didn't want them, send them back. You don't just let people drown though when you have the ability to save them.

There are always two sides in a coin. Although i agree 100% with you, aka they should have saved them, noone is discussing the obvious here:

Why - are - so - many - refugees?

Why noone points out that its greed who has brought us in this place. Our economic system is failing us as species.
    Also, our "Allies" mainly USA and UK have been bombing non stop middle east since the 90s. They have left over 1m dead (just in 3 countries) in their effort to control energy / profit. When you have millions of bombs exploding in your country, YOU WOULD FLEEE AS WELL.
    Why noone is sanctioning those countries and instead they look at the "evil" Iran which haven't attacked anything in hundreds of years?

Can you see the madness in all of the above? We live in a shit world ruled by shit people. Our lives meaning jack shit if they can't profit somehow from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    Why does the west have to pick up the slack?
    Our culture is incompatible with theirs.
    You know, Russians said the same about my people a century ago, when we were refugees in our new Motherland. Now we're suddenly the best people ever just because we became a bit richer.

Seriously though: should have sent them back at worst. They weren't even economic migrants.
    The shadowy Daughter of Urthona stood before red Orc,
    When fourteen suns had faintly journey'd o'er his dark abode:
    His food she brought in iron baskets, his drink in cups of iron:
    Crown'd with a helmet and dark hair the nameless female stood;