Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account

Is 905 ilvl really that high? o.O

I've been playing legion hardcore mode for a couple months now and to me 900 ilvl is bare minimum.

Now I see lots of people with much higher ilvls so I know that 900 can't be that high at this time of expansion anymore.

Now my question is I've been playing some casual rbgs and I barely ever die, go 1vs6 in their base and my damage is like 100mil + every single rbg if I play my Ret pally whereas the second place is about half my damage most times.

If I play my blood DK is literally hit my forehead on the keyboard to win.. I'm literally unkillable.

Now my question is obviously people is lower ilvl than me (that's the only explanation I can think of).. so I'm asking you guys what is the average ilvl for an average player??

I lost 25 IQ points reading this. Thanks a lot, OP.

Quote Originally Posted by iNUKE View Post
    I've been playing legion hardcore mode for a couple months now and to me 900 ilvl is bare minimum.

Now I see lots of people with much higher ilvls so I know that 900 can't be that high at this time of expansion anymore.

Now my question is I've been playing some casual rbgs and I barely ever die, go 1vs6 in their base and my damage is like 100mil + every single rbg if I play my Ret pally whereas the second place is about half my damage most times.

If I play my blood DK is literally hit my forehead on the keyboard to win.. I'm literally unkillable.

Now my question is obviously people is lower ilvl than me (that's the only explanation I can think of).. so I'm asking you guys what is the average ilvl for an average player??
    I haven't touched raiding this expansion and have a 900 ilvl. It's not high. Consider legendaries and your artifact can easily breach 900(940 legendaries and if you get 3 relics from relinquished vendor).

1) Tanks are strong in PvP.

2) Classes with 3 different "oh crap" buttons that make them incredibly self-sufficient are also strong in PvP.

3) Yes, 905 is relatively high in comparison to the majority of players.

Gear doesn't matter in pvp. You could be naked with just your weapon and still do that. Some classes are just op in BGs and blizzard has no care to fix it.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    1) Tanks are strong in PvP.

2) Classes with 3 different "oh crap" buttons that make them incredibly self-sufficient are also strong in PvP.

3) Yes, 905 is relatively high in comparison to the majority of players.
    heh I'd never thought 905 would be high whatsoever, in fact I always feel so behind compared to everyone else I play with. I guess when you play too much you lose touch on what is normal and what is gg in game.

I don't often run casual rbgs but lately I've been running quite a few and is always face rolling mode lol

And I agree tanks are pretty op in pvp, especially 925 protection warriors, they are literally unkillable.

This is from PVE but .. given how many people I see with 865-875 item level.
    I'd venture that is more the item level for a casual player.

My opinion is, that everything below 890 is just bad. Getting to 890 without any raiding or m+ done is pretty easy and doable in a couple of days. My hunter Alt has reached that ilvl within a couple of days after dinging 110, and it still only has 1 legendary. Any casual (heroic) raiders or rbg PvPers should be well over 900 by now.

Doesn't pvp template these days treat everyone as at least 900 ilvl and 36 traits anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    My opinion is, that everything below 890 is just bad. Getting to 890 without any raiding or m+ done is pretty easy and doable in a couple of days. My hunter Alt has reached that ilvl within a couple of days after dinging 110, and it still only has 1 legendary. Any casual (heroic) raiders or rbg PvPers should be well over 900 by now.
    Just out of curiosity, what was your main gear source for 890 ilvl within a couple of days of 110, with no raiding or m+?

No. Ilvl is basically non-existent for instanced pvp. Every 10 ilvl a player over ilvl 800 has, gives you 1% more stats. So a ilvl 900 player has 10% more stats than a ilvl 800 player.
    And traits now go up to 50 or so (the point before concordance).

Actually, you know what I would be interested in? Seeing mmo-champion do one of their Armory crawls to produce a graph of ilvls of active players, like they have done for e.g flying achievements recently.

My gut feeling is that the 900+ segment is actually a very small minority that overlaps heavily with the very small minority that are active on forums .. but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what was your main gear source for 890 ilvl within a couple of days of 110, with no raiding or m+?
    Relinquished tokens, invasions, nether disruptor world boss, normal mythic dungeons and LFR (which I do NOT consider raiding).
    With BS chests and rare farm, I made 5K shards in 2-3 hours.

And I did NOT farm the sentinax once.
    Last edited by ceall; 2017-05-13 at 07:36 AM.

900 is pretty casual now. 910+ is a Mythic Raider.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I lost 25 IQ points reading this. Thanks a lot, OP.
    made my day

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Relinquished tokens, invasions, nether disruptor world boss, normal mythic dungeons and LFR (which I do NOT consider raiding).
    With BS chests and rare farm, I made 5K shards in 2-3 hours.

And I did NOT farm the sentinax once.
    Only one of these sources offers over 890 and you're claiming it took multiple hours per relinquished token. Did already have a crafted legendary? I don't see how else you managed this on base mythics / invasions / so on with how slow your nethershard farming was.

The best part is your only source above 890 isn't always physically up when someone dings, and is not guaranteed to drop loot from the 1 kill + x bonus rolls you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Gear doesn't matter in pvp. You could be naked with just your weapon and still do that. Some classes are just op in BGs and blizzard has no care to fix it.
    I'm not sure if you could be naked because "gear doesn't matter" since all your pieces scale up to 900ilvl in PvP if you were naked you'd have nothing to scale up!
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    I'm not sure if you could be naked because "gear doesn't matter" since all your pieces scale up to 900ilvl in PvP if you were naked you'd have nothing to scale up!
    Not really. When you get inside naked game applies a template of stats for your class and spec. So getting in naked or at ilvl 860 or 820 doesn't matter since you'll get the same template every time. Only thing that scales is that for every 10 ilvls over 900 you get 1% more stats from your stat template.

For example if you have ilvl 910 you would have 1% more stats than the guy sub 910 ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by iNUKE View Post
    heh I'd never thought 905 would be high whatsoever, in fact I always feel so behind compared to everyone else I play with. I guess when you play too much you lose touch on what is normal and what is gg in game.

I don't often run casual rbgs but lately I've been running quite a few and is always face rolling mode lol

And I agree tanks are pretty op in pvp, especially 925 protection warriors, they are literally unkillable.
    Who the hell is 925? Almost everything would have to be titanforged.
    I'm 910 and I feel like an average geared mythic raider.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    Not really. When you get inside naked game applies a template of stats for your class and spec. So getting in naked or at ilvl 860 or 820 doesn't matter since you'll get the same template every time. Only thing that scales is that for every 10 ilvls over 900 you get 1% more stats from your stat template.

For example if you have ilvl 910 you would have 1% more stats than the guy sub 910 ilvl.
    yeah....I'm doing a lot more than 1% damage at 910 then I was at 900 or sub-900

Unless you're only playing with mythic raiders, yeah ilvl 900 is pretty high.

Some people really need a reality check here.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    yeah....I'm doing a lot more than 1% damage at 910 then I was at 900 or sub-900
    He's talking about PvP. Legion added such a crapton of weird layers altering stat that it's becoming impossible to eyeball what is actually happening with them.

In PvE, yeah, it's +1 ilvl = +1 % stat, but for PvP he might be right (honestly I don't care enough about PvP to check ).
    Last edited by Akka; 2017-05-13 at 10:40 AM.