Quick legendary usage question.

I feel like I've read numerous threads about this subject byt i can't seem to remember now. Today i got the shoulders. The legendaries i have now are: Both rings, bracers, belt, neck, chest, head, shoulders. I've always used the ring, and either the belt or bracers depending on the fight (I'm talking about nighthold here). I have 1 meta relic, and the extra point in the artifact trait. My question is should i actually use the shoulders instead of one of the legendaries i use now? Thanks!

Ring/belt or situationally ring/bracers is probably the most common setup. You could run ring/shoulders with just one reduction relic + the extra point and hit the 2MM mark, though.

It just depends on what you want/how you want to play and the fight. The more specifically you can estimate an encounter's length, the better. If you know a ST fight is going to be around 8.5 minutes long, for instance, that means you're going to get two extra full duration metas (five total) and it might be worth going for shoulders/ring.

In the end, it boils down to one thing - sim it. I know it sucks when people reply to a question like that but it's really the only surefire way to get an answer outside of testing it in a raid yourself. Sim the different combinations and see what works best.
    Last edited by Extremity; 2017-05-13 at 01:35 AM.

Yeah, thats kind of what I was thinking. I can't see the fights lasting long enough to make the shoulders useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Remso View Post
    Yeah, thats kind of what I was thinking. I can't see the fights lasting long enough to make the shoulders useful.

long enough? no shoulder is really flexible. people are saying belt is good only because it's the easiest one to use,+ the bonus dps you gain is decent.

In highly competitive raiding guild where you kill Mythic Trillix and anomaly within 3 mins, you will benefit from the second meta whereas if you use the belt you can't.

For fight like M argus, doing extra 30% damage during his first 10% hp is literally worthless, but with shoulder you can line up with other cds for later transition phase, switching to add, actually brings some utility to the team..

the only encounter that i'd prefer belt over shoulder is Krosus. also the dinner bell+ karazan chest piece kind of make it a little better, but it's going to get nerfed sooner or later.

so imo, belt is overrated.

not to mention, the new T20 set will allow us achieving 2 mins meta build without using a single meta relic, plus extra 50% crit chance on death sweep is only going to make shoulder bis to us..
    Last edited by Realmerc; 2017-05-13 at 01:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Realmerc you speak of dinnerbell nerf, can you link source? Thanks.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    If you know a ST fight is going to be around 8.5 minutes long, for instance, that means you're going to get two extra full duration metas (four total) and it might be worth going for shoulders/ring.
    Its 5 metas

1# 0 - 30
    2# 2 - 2:30
    3# 4 - 4:30
    4# 6 - 6:30
    5# 8 - 8:30

Most used combination in NH Mythic is Ring/Schoulder , Ring/Belt and Ring/moarg

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet View Post
    Its 5 metas

1# 0 - 30
    2# 2 - 2:30
    3# 4 - 4:30
    4# 6 - 6:30
    5# 8 - 8:30

Most used combination in NH Mythic is Ring/Schoulder , Ring/Belt and Ring/moarg
    Yep, dunno where I was getting my math from, was probably too sleepy >.< Thanks!

Deleted
    The only fight in heroic NH I would say the shoulders will not help on is Chronomatic, as it can be done in under 2 minutes. All other fights tend to be longer than 2 minutes, so you'll get an extra meta in. Everyone always says they're only useful if you know how long the fight will be, I'd disagree, as any fight longer than 2 minutes will give you an extra meta you wouldn't otherwise have had.

I don't have AOTHG, but with CoF and one relic I usually get meta back before Nemesis and Chaos Blades. Make up some different gear sets and test them out to see what you like.
    Last edited by mmocc57b6207a1; 2017-05-14 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    @Realmerc you speak of dinnerbell nerf, can you link source? Thanks.
    Dinnerbell is fixed on the PTR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pucca View Post
    Dinnerbell is fixed on the PTR.
    Care to elaborate?
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    It gives you a random buff instead of your food buff. Which basically means the trinket is useless.