Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Emancptr View Post
    If you interrupt the first cast of seeds (usually done by DK grip) the add doesn't cast anymore seeds.
    How...? We tried this last night but our whole raid had 250ms thanks instance server. They would grip as soon as they saw the green projectile marking circles. Is there a better way?

Quote Originally Posted by Squishei View Post
    The 2nd hellfire lands after bonds goes out. You should be nowhere close to its position once it lands.
    Echoing this. Everyone should be moving as the bonds is finishing its cast, not after it has gone out. Just have the healers mostly bombing the ranged group and it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Chewtoy View Post
    How...? We tried this last night but our whole raid had 250ms thanks instance server. They would grip as soon as they saw the green projectile marking circles. Is there a better way?
    If the green circle is on the ground you've already missed it (cast has already gone off). I'm not a DK so I haven't personally done this. The DKs that do it in our guild say you just get a feel for the timing and it's roughly 1-1.5 seconds after the add spawns.

I have a few questions regarding P3 bulwark and warlock enslave demon.

My guild will need to use a warlock (probably me) to deal with the bulwark spell since there are no mages in our current composition.

When should I cast the enslave demon spell? Right after the first add spawns? Will the shield be cast automatically on me while the add is enslaved? Should I dismiss the add after that?

What about the remaining bulwark casts? Should I enslave the add every time the shield is about to be cast?

Halp pls

Other wacky comp questions, best ways to soak souls with no rogues? Doable to just throw random melee in there and have them soak forever?
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2017-05-13 at 01:47 AM.

At this point, it shouldn't really matter who soaks as long as it's done correctly (contained to 3 players, no splashing to other targets). Ideally still 2 melee + tank but anyone will do now.

affliction is good at it; we use a paladin

Do parasitic shadowfiends target holy paladins with fixate?

Deleted
    Can anyone give me a easy explanation about the "soaking* of tank spirit works in P3? Its me and another Rogue. Should it be:me first, him second and so on? And is there a timer when its suppose to be soaked? And what is the name of that time if there is any? I am using deadly boss mode if that helps.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Nzelm View Post
    Can anyone give me a easy explanation about the "soaking* of tank spirit works in P3? Its me and another Rogue. Should it be:me first, him second and so on? And is there a timer when its suppose to be soaked? And what is the name of that time if there is any? I am using deadly boss mode if that helps.

Cheers
    When his energy bar fills to full, he will alternate either scything a tank or jumping to a tank. The two of you just have to keep track of the energy bar the same as the tanks do. As far as i'm aware it doesn't matter who does it when.

Quote Originally Posted by Drish View Post
    When his energy bar fills to full, he will alternate either scything a tank or jumping to a tank. The two of you just have to keep track of the energy bar the same as the tanks do. As far as i'm aware it doesn't matter who does it when.
    Not true, gotta alternate between two players as soaking the spirit gives the soakee a debuff that increases dmg taken from the next one by some insane amount (think black hole soaking on xhul'horac).

Apart from that, try to have speed buffs etc ready each time you're soaking; The quicker the tank can be healed, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Not true, gotta alternate between two players as soaking the spirit gives the soakee a debuff that increases dmg taken from the next one by some insane amount (think black hole soaking on xhul'horac).

Apart from that, try to have speed buffs etc ready each time you're soaking; The quicker the tank can be healed, the better.
    Well yes they have to alternate, I meant I'm unsure it matters who grabs the first, if you need a rogue grabbing a specific one. I don't remember one having to be grabbed as we were gunning into the stun bubble or anything.

Deleted
    So we are progressing p3 and a question occurred to me although it might be dumb. Is there something I'm missing that prevents you from killing the big adds away and never healing the essences? Is it just space or they healing over time on their own?

He will beam you till eternity if you don't stun him.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The essences stun him during his raid wipe mechanic. Simply put if you fail to fill up at least one orb he will destroy your entire raid once the time bubble goes away.

Even if that wasn't the case you still want to fill up the essences. Each essence filled not only stuns the boss but adds a 50% damage taken debuff and increases the time that he's debuffed. Filling one essence is 50% damage for 5 seconds, two is 100% damage for 15, and 3 is 150% damage for 30 seconds. Technically you could do 4, but it's nearing the point that guilds are pretty close to killing him (or are) in the 30 seconds after the second visions anyway.

Deleted
    Hello, i need your help guys. We are using hero at the start strategy and currently having some problems in P2. Constanly ppl dying at the beginning of P2 by eye/flame of sargeras combo. Eye never duplicates, even as 4dps are dead it still goes down. But this eye+flames/souls(how we should soak them?) and black harvest(2 and 3) are killing us. Also healer like oom in the end of this phase? How is that even possible. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4bhfVHFBnZKdkT16 . Thanks for all your help.
    Last edited by mmocb41ae6d9ad; 2017-05-15 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedzio View Post
    Hello, i need your help guys. We are using hero at the start strategy and currently having some problems in P2. Constanly ppl dying at the beginning of P2 by eye/flame of sargeras combo. Eye never duplicates, even as 4dps are dead it still goes down. But this eye+flames/souls(how we should soak them?) and black harvest(2 and 3) are killing us. Also healer like oom in the end of this phase? How is that even possible. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4bhfVHFBnZKdkT16 . Thanks for all your help.
    I'm assuming you're able to skip the 2nd add in phase 1? In that case you have more than enough dps to easily skip the later parts of phase 2 and so you should only need your rogues and off tank to soak the souls, just go to 9 stacks and keep feint up and of course get out of there during black harvest, or if they have to stay in, definitely don't try and stay in healing aoe at the edge as that will just cause them to cleave souls onto the group.

As for the eye+flames combo, you should have assigned sides for the ranged and healers so they are spread out and never cleave the flames, as well as not standing in the fire when it pops. If I'm not mistaken it ticks 4 times, so make sure you move after you dropped a pool. It is possible to drop 2 without getting a tick but honestly I wouldn't risk it in your case, just tell people to start moving and stop taking damage from it because as you can see here, a lot of people are getting hit by it. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ulty=5&wipes=1 Of course some ticks will be if you messed up and didn't leave a path or if people on purpose use a cooldown to drop it inside them, but that can't possibly cover all of those, unless you keep fucking up your path, in which case stop doing that.

Other than that It's really just down to healers been good at spothealing as well as people using healthpots, self healing and personal cooldowns to stay alive when they get both eye+fire or during harvest+fire. Also you have quite a few people slacking on health pots and some even on damage pots.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post

Other than that It's really just down to healers been good at spothealing as well as people using healthpots, self healing and personal cooldowns to stay alive when they get both eye+fire or during harvest+fire. Also you have quite a few people slacking on health pots and some even on damage pots.
    Your comp is really bad at doing this. Disc Priest is the absolute worst healer at dealing with Eye+Harvest combos. Disc is especially bad when the boss summons an eye after a Storm of the Destroyer because they have been out of range for a while (running from the storm). Add on top of that 2 resto druids (arguably 2nd worst at dealing with eye damage) and you've got yourself a huge mess during any Eye+Storm combo.

If you have the option for any other healer (Priest goes holy or bring Resto Shaman) you will see a lot better job of dealing with this combo. Otherwise, emphasize that your healers need to be topping people with the Eye of Gul'dan. This can mean assigning loose "groups" that each healer covers (generally themselves + 1 other ranged dps). The eye damage is relatively predictable given that it will always target ranged/healers and your comp has relatively few of those.

Also, if you're struggling in P2 (especially if you're having healer mana problems) you should save hero for that phase. Using hero in P1 to beat the add doesn't really do anything. Healer bubbles do the majority of healing in P1 so trying to rush out of it and then lengthening P2 (the hardest phase on healer mana) is not the best plan.
    Last edited by Emancptr; 2017-05-15 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emancptr View Post
    If you interrupt the first cast of seeds (usually done by DK grip) the add doesn't cast anymore seeds.
    can you please link a single log where it's done? i check dozen of top logs and every time i see seeds cast as intended...

Looking at our own logs. You could be right that interrupting the first seeds does not prevent them from casting. Although it is still worthwhile to grip/interrupt the first cast if your dks can.