Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    There is nuance here that gets lost. Stating that crime is a problem in urban minority areas is not a racist statement. Because it's true. Stating that they deserve it because they are welfare queens and lazy is racist.

Stating that minorities are underrepresented in higher ed, leadership positions, etc is not racist. Stating that is how it should be as they are inferior is racist.

Now, I chose really blatant examples but there is a lot of dog whistling ("welfare queen") that is quite racist and a more subtle form of the above.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not really always the case. Mainly because -ist and -phobia beliefs are about a group of faceless people as a whole. Individual relationships can break that mold. Often times what you won't find openly stated second half of that statement... "I have a black friend so I can't be racist. And my black friend doesn't act...you know...black​...so he's ok"
    ''Illegal aliens vote' is quite a dog whistle, since by definition, aliens do not vote, let alone illegals. So there are two possibilities.

A)Illegal aliens vote at federal elections (a lie)
    B)US citizens, that should not be US citizens according to edgelords vote (they mean Hispanics)

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Why is it only racist if it is a white person doing it rather than all races that have blatant racism?
    Because at some point there was a push to only apply a definition that one sociologist came by that goes by "racism=prejudice+power" in order to justify other races' racism as something minor while leaving white people racism as it's always been and so it became that only white people can be really racist, the rest can only be prejudiced because they don't hold power.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had never even heard of Maxine Waters until this morning. And now this article.

Quote Originally Posted by Jofe View Post
    Because at some point there was a push to only apply a definition that one sociologist came by that goes by "racism=prejudice+power" in order to justify other races' racism as something minor while leaving white people racism as it's always been and so it became that only white people can be really racist, the rest can only be prejudiced because they don't hold power.
    It's also because ''white racism'' is an hilarious term to use when the dudes advocating about it conveniently forget that racism was abundantly used by very white dudes to persecute very white dudes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofe View Post
    Even using that definition, minorities can be racist unless you define power in certain and specific ways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Seriously?

One day people will learn you can't just impeach a sitting politician because you don't like them.

And before people get all stupid about Trump -- I also agree that Trump shouldn't be impeached unless there is proof of wrongdoing, evidence of mental illness, or incompetence that is a threat to our nation and not just fodder for SNL.
    I think you might have quoted the wrong post? People keep saying the ad is racist, but i can't really see why.

I'm not sure why this thread even exists. I'm sure most people in congress have opponents that fund attack ads in their district. Do we need a thread for each?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Care to define how to act black?
    Ask your local racist -- I'm sure s/he will have an answer for you. Which, since you seemed to have missed it, was my point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Even using that definition, minorities can be racist unless you define power in certain and specific ways.
    Usually applied as systemic and/or institutional power.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by halloaa View Post
    I think you might have quoted the wrong post? People keep saying the ad is racist, but i can't really see why.
    The "Seriously" part was the only part directed at your post.

I'm still struggling with someone who is looking at a poster with "blame Whitey" and "didnt du nuffin" and asking where the racism is.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Yeah, but they don't usually recognize that. If you bring that apparently there's white people in South Africa who suffer persecution at the hands of black people while the government doesn't give a shit they will somehow blame it on the white people because they shouldn't be in Africa or something (granted back people on South Africa aren't a minority but still is a good example of how the definition is used just to make it so that only white people can be racist).

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    She's pretty popular in California, very loved by Democrats as she is outspoken and aggressive towards what she perceives to be injustice towards the poor. Sort of like a black Bernie Sanders, though I'd argue she has way more backbone. I'm not the biggest fan of her policies, but I have a lot of respect for the way she conducts herself while still calling out some of the liars and conmen that lead our country.
    Maxine Waters is a joke. She is one of the con-women that run our country.

This is...pure idiocy. This woman talks in riddles and lies out of her teeth regularly. I might hate Bernie's policies but at least he is fairly consistent...for a politician.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...ing_comey.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Kudos to whoever made the poster.

She looks/sounds like the American version of Diane Abbott.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-05-14 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    Peddle racism and you get racism in return.
    What racism did she peddle?
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    didn't you read the sign where it says "dinddu nuffin"? there's your proof right there!

Deleted
    I kind of like the bench one

How is this racist? You might not find it funny, but how is it racist?
    If it's anti leftwing nut job then it's racist. At least that's what they'll tell you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    how about the notion that anytime something bad happens to a black person it must be whiteys fault
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Deleted
    Is discrediting people called "art" nowadays?

Who is the artist? Adolf Skinhead from the local white pride nude bar?

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    how about the notion that anytime something bad happens to a black person it must be whiteys fault
    You could link examples...
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

How is this racist? You might not find it funny, but how is it racist?
    How is the phrase "dindu nuffin" not racists?

So, ''race baiting'' is using imaginary grievances to foment hatred between ethnic groups. Fair enough.

Random question, what exactly do you think people waving CSA flags are trying to do in 2017 ?

Oh, pardon me : that does not count, since it's not ''racial baiting'' since it matters to you.

TLDR : people like Marine Le Pen make their bread and butter with ''race baiting''.