Page 39 of 125 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    An avowed Democrat says the CHARGES are serious
    Yes. A known expert in the field with credentials that far outweigh yours says the charges are very serious. Serious enough that handwaving it with "lol fake news" isn't going to fly.

Also, under what circumstances in a closed-door meeting with Russia after firing the person investigating your ties to Russia, does the idea of giving classified information to Russia before our other allies become unthinkable? Does the fact that multiple Trump appointees put out basically the same denial change much?

Sorry, but this is not something that can be handwaved. "Lol fake news" won't cut it here. Trump's conduct with Russia no longer permit that.

This has been debunked by the simple fact that McMaster's very beginning of the statement was that the report was completely false. That is a blanket statement that makes every supporting statement after it not work the way you suggested.
    He said that it was false as reported, not that it was completely false. This is not a blanket statement. Plus, your interpretation doesn't even jive with the rest of McMaster said afterward. This is because what he subsequently talked about and what WaPo reported are tangentially related. Which means that, under your interpretation, McMaster was making a series of irrelevant statements. And that's unlikely, unless we conclude that McMaster simply didn't know what WaPo reported, which is even more unlikely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Would it be treason? But that's all fine when it's Trump doing it?
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    McMaster saying, "The story that came out tonight as reported is false" is pretty hard-hitting. There's no ambiguity there. This is where I have to start wondering what's really going on. It's becoming increasingly less likely that this story has any longevity or veracity, so what does the Washington Post stand to gain from this? Were they duped by a false leak? I don't think they're so eager for clicks that they'd knowingly throw their credibility away. Maybe they don't care since the Trump opposition is so white hot that their audience just doesn't care, so why should they?

So many questions.
    they just want to post anything they can to get buzz and drive traffic to thier shit. How many stories over the past year alone has turned out to be total unfounded bullshit soley because the news site wanted to get as much buzz as they can as soon as they can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh really, you don't say? An avowed Democrat says the CHARGES are serious, not the actual facts? Got it.
    Christ dont make me defend dershowitz. The man is a crackpot but your dismissal of him as that dirty liberal leaves much to be desired.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

This fucking guy.

"I have great intel. I have people brief me on great intel every day."

[verbally shits out Code Word level intelligence to Russian diplomats]

"Look at how intel I am. Bigly."

Can say goodbye to any ally sharing any remotely valuable information with the White House over the next 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Valerean View Post
    This fucking guy.

"I have great intel. I have people brief me on great intel every day."

[verbally shits out Code Word level intelligence to Russian diplomats]

"Look at how intel I am. Bigly."

Can say goodbye to any ally sharing any remotely valuable information with the White House over the next 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Tapatalk text really makes this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Because the President can have them during his meetings if he wants them. Would be one reason.
    No one sane is going to record meetings with classified information in them.

In any case, just because there is no audio or video does not mean it did not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    they just want to post anything they can to get buzz and drive traffic to thier shit. How many stories over the past year alone has turned out to be total unfounded bullshit soley because the news site wanted to get as much buzz as they can as soon as they can.
    It doesn't strike you as even a little disingenuous to use the fact that shit news sources push out shit news as heuristic justification for dismissing news from reputable news sources?

This has been one of the most malicious tactics of the far right over the last few decades: intentionally contaminate the waters, and then use that contamination as justification for dismissing legitimate things. And it isn't limited to news.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Deleted
    What's amazing is that he confirmed it on twitter. Not even denying it.

Is this for real?
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-05-16 at 05:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Trump lying has been far more consistent than anything you can generalize about news media. You can complain about unspecified stories all you like, but it was Trump pushing the idea of Obama as the founder of ISIS and his birth certificate. Two stories some news source ran with... some didn't... but, when Trump talks about media lying... he isn't talking about sources that told him unemployment was 45% in September and less than 5% in February...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Recklessly endangering our efforts to combat terrorism and jeopardizing our relationships with allies, specifically their intelligence agencies.

It's patently absurd that a president of the US would "declassify" (translation: brag about in an attempt to impress) top secret information to the god damn Russians as they're trolling this country and our president in the god damn White House.

It's legal, but this is the kind of thing that, if confirmed, is indefensible despite the fact that it may be legal. Neither side of the isle should be remotely pleased with this.

How long until he starts "declassifying" top secret details via Twitter, with no advanced notice to the Pentagon or our intelligence community?
    This isn't the first time a President or Vice President has shot off their mouth revealing classified information; And the fact is the President can declassify anything he wishes, anytime he wishes. We dont have to like that, but those are the rules.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerean View Post
    This is a major problem. Already relations with our allies are stretched thing, with threats to drop out of the Paris Accord, whatever trade deals Trump heard from Alex Jones were signed by gay frogs, and bombing a country as after-dinner entertainment. Throwing the Russians classified information before our allies won't help at all.

And the thing is, it doesn't even have to be true. It fits the picture Trump has painted for himself by his own hand. Wanting better relations with Russia? Denying over and over Russia had anything to do with the election? The meeting behind closed doors? Firing Comey? Trump flat-out handing the Russians classified intel sounds like something he would do. His word that he didn't do it isn't enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Ok, so if he's allowed to do whatever he wants, when he wants, and be excused from crimes, including where anyone else gets treason charge for, he's different from dictator....how?
    If the President has the right to declassify anything he wishes then what 'crime' was committed? Please explain.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    This isn't the first time a President or Vice President has shot off their mouth revealing classified information; And the fact is the President can declassify anything he wishes, anytime he wishes. We dont have to like that, but those are the rules.
    I don't know how you managed to miss that the person you're responding to said, in the very post you quoted, that it was legal. The whole point of the post is why this is still a bad thing regardless.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Recklessly endangering our efforts to combat terrorism and jeopardizing our relationships with allies, specifically their intelligence agencies.

It's patently absurd that a president of the US would "declassify" (translation: brag about in an attempt to impress) top secret information to the god damn Russians as they're trolling this country and our president in the god damn White House.

It's legal, but this is the kind of thing that, if confirmed, is indefensible despite the fact that it may be legal. Neither side of the isle should be remotely pleased with this.

How long until he starts "declassifying" top secret details via Twitter, with no advanced notice to the Pentagon or our intelligence community?
    first of all, your afforts to combat terrorism is meaningless, so its a question who is more god damned, Russians or you.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    It doesn't strike you as even a little disingenuous to use the fact that shit news sources push out shit news as heuristic justification for dismissing news from reputable news sources?

This has been one of the most malicious tactics of the far right over the last few decades: intentionally contaminate the waters, and then use that contamination as justification for dismissing legitimate things. And it isn't limited to news.
    Im not saying its fake news, im saying untill there is actuall evidence or a real source i think its bullshit. You can only cry wolf so many times untill i get tired of a wolf not being there. So when he gets brought up on charges over this then lets talk untill then the washington post has shit sources so far.

It´s not Trumps fault, Russia probably claimed they had all the best intel, and that triggered Trump that just had to prove them wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I think Trump lying has been far more consistent than anything you can generalize about news media. You can complain about unspecified stories all you like, but it was Trump pushing the idea of Obama as the founder of ISIS and his birth certificate. Two stories some news source ran with... some didn't... but, when Trump talks about media lying... he isn't talking about sources that told him unemployment was 45% in September and less than 5% in February...
    Im not talking about what trump has said in the past, hes full of shit and everyone knows it. but untill they come out with real sources and not the lame ass excuse they posted for this story then ill take them serious.

Im not saying its fake news, im saying untill there is actuall evidence or a real source i think its bullshit. You can only cry wolf so many times untill i get tired of a wolf not being there. So when he gets brought up on charges over this then lets talk untill then the washington post has shit sources so far.
    This is a exceptionally poor choice of analogy, given that the ending of the story is there actually being a wolf at some point and all of you being blindsided.