Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I had 66 attempt and I finally did it , from experience focus the melee adds first and don't forget the runes , use your cds at pull and last Phase when the melee add is up

Hey guys, just figured I'd offer some tips for the next time the mage tower is up.

I did this with Sephuz and Ice Time Shoulder legendaries at 891 with this build
    BC -> Ice Floes -> Incanter's -> Frozen Touch -> FW -> AG -> TV
    Food: Bear Tartaer
    Artifact Trait: 40

Overall make sure you maximize the amount of space between you and Karem while using Cone of Cold and Frost Nova often.
    You want to save your Icy Veins for when Karem hits 33% to burst Raest down as much as you can before Karem reactivates. Once you start the second kiting phase you'll want to make sure you keep blizzard down as often as possible to get as many Frozen orbs out for FoF. When hands come out if you do not have your Frozen Orb out use your pet's freeze to get more procs. This alone significantly helped out burn hands down with a lower ilvl.

Once Karem goes down again you'll want to use your second pots (I used Prolonged Power) pop heroism and begin to focus Raest down the rest of the fight while still dealing with hands and runes. Keep your blizzard down and kite Karem around the room in order to prevent him catching a killing you. Once Raest is down the fight is over and you will get credit for the staff.

Hope that helped and I'll be happy to answer any questions if I missed anything

Deleted
    Took me 6tries as 905 Sp.Was really fun and i thought it to be way harder tbh... oh well

898 frost mage with fire gear/legendaries, took about 4 tries to not derp with interrupting hands

sad I can't do this one again now, was actually really fun despite how dumb/anal legion frost is

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    the extra damage on blizzard ended up hurting me because more adds were dying so i had less frozen orb procs and less adds to reduce the cd of frozen orb
    To be honest, frozen orb isn't fully the key. You want to get as much time freecasting as possible, without chain reaction ice lances do a lot less damage. Sustained damage on Karam or Raest (whichever you prefer) and quick bursts on the hands is key. While you get more icelances if you can aoe for longer it also hurts your ST because you're spending less gcds putting damage into the target that needs to die.

Deleted
    Fianlly completed this last night, not long before the tower was destroyed. Went for Karam before Reast, saving hero and pot for the final phase to burst him down before his stacks got too high. One major thing I didn't know, and has been mentioned earlier in the thread too - any current Hands despawn when Karam dies. I had Karam on 10-15%, a Hand spawned, decided to interupt the first cast and ice block the second, kill Karam then interupt the next cast. But when i got Karam down, the Hand despawned, giving me the win without even needing to finish it off.

Had ~904 equipped ilvl. Sephuz is 1 of 2 legendaries I am still to get for main loot spec, and it would have been nice to have here. As it was, used Prydaz and Bracers. Made the mistake on an early attempt of using Ice Time and Kiljaeden's for full AoE on the adds - this caused the adds to die way too fast, meaning much less FoF procs from FO when I needed them, though for lower ilvls this won't be as big of an issue, and the frost nova from Ice Time can be quite useful. I also replaced Whispers with my old Brinewater crit stack stick, as the slow effect was too dangerous - got me killed on a couple of attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    To be honest, frozen orb isn't fully the key. You want to get as much time freecasting as possible, without chain reaction ice lances do a lot less damage. Sustained damage on Karam or Raest (whichever you prefer) and quick bursts on the hands is key. While you get more icelances if you can aoe for longer it also hurts your ST because you're spending less gcds putting damage into the target that needs to die.
    eh, i killed it by just tunneling raest with ice lances under orb while sprinting in circles.

Finally did it... This was a serious wow achievement for me, I've hit glad, achieved top 10 world kills but for whatever this reason, this was really f'ing hard. I'll post the video once I get the clearance to post links on these forums :/

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone know how many posts you have to make before you can post a link?

my sub 900 ilvl kill
    watch?v=zgYVYJ2tSfU&feature=youtu.be

Has anyone had success doing it with glacial spike or is TV 100% the way to go?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pies1 View Post
    Has anyone had success doing it with glacial spike or is TV 100% the way to go?
    Tv even moreso than usual on this fight, as the adds feeds you a ton of FoF procs :=)

what? no they dont.. your interrupt is up for every single hand. you should be killing them before they get the second cast off.
    They definitely spawn faster than 30 seconds. You can iceblock two of the casts. Interrupt first one, block the second one, interrupt 3rd one, block the 4th (cold snap).

the rng of where runes spawn, where adds spawn, where hands spawn in relation to where the adds spawn, and just not getting any fof from an orb sitting inside 30 mobs is absolutely stupid. the challenge isnt so much about mastering your class as it is about just getting lucky.
    This was a really crappy "challenge", they were comparing it to MoP green fire but it's not that at all, MoP green fire was an actually challenging progression and awesome to do ... this is the epitome of Legion, bring the RNG first and foremost, then the skills / player a very distant 2nd. The mechanics of this are super easy, it's not challenging, literally all rng. Kill vids I watched of this were consistently all very lucky with hand and rune spawns.

You can take care of the runes with your pet though, send your pet into the swarm of adds and right next to karem where the runes spawn. Water elemental can stand on the rune to deactivate it.

I'm 909 and can't even do it. Best attempt is 10%. Since then I can't get into the last phase.. I just feel like I am getting little to no FoF procs even though I constantly have frozen orb out. The little adds eventually die off.. I just find myself having no time to attack the melee boss because those hands spawn so fast and it takes me so long to kill them (Because very little FoF procs) that by the time I kill them, another hand spawns maybe 5 seconds later.
    Last edited by FrostyButt; 2017-05-11 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holovik View Post
    They definitely spawn faster than 30 seconds. You can iceblock two of the casts. Interrupt first one, block the second one, interrupt 3rd one, block the 4th (cold snap).
    they dont though. i interrupted every single hand with plenty of time to spare.

they dont though. i interrupted every single hand with plenty of time to spare.
    I'm not sure how. I would interrupt the first cast and then kill the hand. By the time the second hand had spawned and started casting I would not have Counterspell off CD to interrupt it yet and would either kill before the cast or Iceblock the cast.

I managed to beat it and I'm a frost mage, my ilvl is 904.
    Last edited by Omegasupreme707; 2017-05-12 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holovik View Post
    I'm not sure how. I would interrupt the first cast and then kill the hand. By the time the second hand had spawned and started casting I would not have Counterspell off CD to interrupt it yet and would either kill before the cast or Iceblock the cast.
    i didnt record my kill, but look at this vid:

https://youtu.be/FqkyVruB58I?t=509

you can see the hand spawns and his cs cooldown. he cs's the first cast on each hand comfortably.
    Last edited by kheath812; 2017-05-12 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    This shit is impossible for me. 906 Frost Mage and I can't even get the guy to 50% health before he catches up to me and one shots me.
    You can always try to go with Water Elemental instead of Lonely Winter. The Water Elemental's freeze is really good in keeping both him and the small adds at bay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Velvet View Post
    You can always try to go with Water Elemental instead of Lonely Winter. The Water Elemental's freeze is really good in keeping both him and the small adds at bay.
    water elemental can soak the rune thingies raest spawn in last phase i believe as well :P