Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account

Why would you put resources in mage tower rather than the nether disruptor?

Hey guys ,

On the US server something small has really bothered me. Players are putting resources in the mage tower over the nether disruptor. Again it's a small problem but had people put resources into the nether disruptor, you would get another reset for the world boss. That's two resets worth of potential loot and guaranteed rep.

it's more on the left, and shows up first on the wow app, so I put them there and don't have to scroll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

7+ Year Old Account
    people want attempts at the skin, same reason we rushed for it first because people wanna try to get the skins

command center woulda been better to get first, but nah people wanted to get dem skins
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Hey guys ,

On the US server something small has really bothered me. Players are putting resources in the mage tower over the nether disruptor. Again it's a small problem but had people put resources into the nether disruptor, you would get another reset for the world boss. That's two resets worth of potential loot and guaranteed rep.
    Well, no wonder, people wants the challenge mode things. Maybe they are all done with getting loot and rep? Sorry, that is just how it is with community operated phases.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Hey guys ,

I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't really care about rep or loot from the world boss. Certainly not enough to work out whether or not I could get an extra reset depending on which building I boosted. I just throw supplies into whichever one I feel like that day and I'm done with it.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

I dunno, I've wondered that myself, particularly since most people don't have the gear/talent to get the skin. A lot of people are stupid, I guess is your answer.

7+ Year Old Account
    The upcoming mage tower buff is amazing for people like me who spam m+ keys. So much AP versus a chance at a legendary/titanforge (that I get in m+ anyways) and some rep.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

10+ Year Old Account
    I think most people just dump resources into whatever is closer to being finished. Shit after I unlocked flying I don't even bother with that zone besides the World Boss and the treasure chest room.

I am sure most people just dump resources into whatever is closer to completion. Not looking at the building at all just doing it to spend their resources and get their ap/loot from it. Many of these will be the same people that spend their 100 resources as soon as they get it rather then waiting until their AK goes up and they are in danger of capping at 1000 resources.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaede View Post
    I think most people just dump resources into whatever is closer to being finished. Shit after I unlocked flying I don't even bother with that zone besides the World Boss and the treasure chest room.
    i dump my resources into the lowest, i guess i am not a normal guy :/

i just want to bring them close together, and maybe activate them all together, but its 1 man work

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I tend to do the opposite as I don't have any 900+ chars, I aim for the disruptor/Command center as much as I can.

I still get most my legendaries from those turnins, and a ton of AP, by doing the broken shore rares/chests/quests also work toward my 10000 daily/WQ achieves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Skins > Gear for your average Joe

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I am sure most people just dump resources into whatever is closer to completion. Not looking at the building at all just doing it to spend their resources and get their ap/loot from it. Many of these will be the same people that spend their 100 resources as soon as they get it rather then waiting until their AK goes up and they are in danger of capping at 1000 resources.
    I tend to stay around 800 when a new AK is close, and only dump to make room for like a 500 elite sentinax quest, or close to a trait/5000 nethershards.

I hope blizz will adjust the values so the command center/disruptor are up more often instead of only going up when mage tower is up/destroyed...

I do it just to spite people like OP tbh

Just kidding I stopped giving a shit about the Broken Shore the day I got flying and only go back for the world boss because my class mount looks like utter dogshit. I also stopped putting stuff into the Mage Tower because I'm ridiculously selfish and already got the skin I wanted the first day it was up so I couldn't care less if it never got built again.
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2017-05-16 at 04:00 PM.

I just want to watch the world burn.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Can't bother to care about meaningless crap like this, i just put points on whatever i lay my eyes on 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Can't bother to care about meaningless crap like this, i just put points on whatever i lay my eyes on 1st.
    Who wants to double their AP intake for a few days, get 3 extra bonus rolls or any of the other great benefits from the buildings. This is the exact mindset I mentioned in my last post. Why learn about new feature when you can just click buttons and not benefit fully from things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    i dump my resources into the lowest, i guess i am not a normal guy :/

i just want to bring them close together, and maybe activate them all together, but its 1 man work
    The biggest downside of them all being up at once is you end up with a 24 hour or larger window that you cannot spend resources. Since you cap at 1000 for some that is a big waste of resources.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Who wants to double their AP intake for a few days, get 3 extra bonus rolls or any of the other great benefits from the buildings. This is the exact mindset I mentioned in my last post. Why learn about new feature when you can just click buttons and not benefit fully from things.
    I think the balance between buildings is still off.

AP from WQ/Dungeon+Raid is great from mage tower, some of the other benefits like water walking make no sense but they probably had to put a shitty one on the mage tower to keep it from being even more powerful vs others..

The other 2 building benefits are mostly isolated to broken shore/invasions(legionfall/nethershard bonus drops) or bonus rolls, or 10% stat bonus.

I do love the zone damage procs (pink bubble/warden/meteors/spinning sword/valkyr etc) from having the command center up tho. And the Legendary follower items. Some of the other bonus beside world boss & crafting are less noticeable.

All three buildings have benefits, you know.

And what is valuable to you is meaningless to someone else. Me, for example... what do I care about double AP? So I can throw a little extra into an infinite trait. Yay.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    All three buildings have benefits, you know.

And what is valuable to you is meaningless to someone else. Me, for example... what do I care about double AP? So I can throw a little extra into an infinite trait. Yay.
    If you already have concordance then you cared an awful lot just a few days ago or you would be that far along yet. Either that or you are bull shitting here.