Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I mean, I joke about being a "Lucio main" since his update, and my gameplay is easily 90% Lucio since then, but yeah. If someone else picks Lucio, I play something else just fine; had a game the other day where this happened, and I took Zarya because we needed a tank, and it was my wombo that won us the attack on Anubis after the first attempt failed (a teamkill on Point B is basically a win at that point).

But the reason I "main Lucio" is honestly less because of any obsession with Lucio, and more that we've got a whopping 4 choices of healer, and we always need healers. And I really dislike playing Mercy (I don't like pocketing other people, which is most of her gameplay). Ana was a favorite before her nerfs, which refocused her away from aggressive play, and while I still like Zenyatta, his healing's pretty low outside of his ult and I REALLY need to be sure the team can capitalize on Discords.

If we had more aggressive healer picks, it would be more likely that certain situations would favor those healers over Lucio, and I'd pick them instead of Lucio. Instead, Lucio's almost always a great choice, and there's usually no competition for the slot.
    I wish I had this issue with being able to free pick a healer, usually someone ends up picking Mercy before I can, and so far I've been sticking to Mercy/Zenyatta for my comp matches (Usually Zenyatta when we have a Winston).

I think I ended up playing Lucio once, and I still just can't seem to enjoy him, more because I find it annoying to keep track of people's health bars when you have to actually look around to make sure they're in your circle of healing.

Also, the last time I did play Lucio, I had a Widowmaker standing across the map basically spamming how they need healing and then insulting me for not healing them.

As the only healer.
    Yeah, totally gonna ditch the team to heal the sole Widowmaker.

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Sym can be fantastic on KotH, but it depends on your team and moreso the other team. She is really comp dependant and you need to be ready to swap off if the other team isn't clueless and can counter you effectively.
    Honestly, I feel like if you don't get the point immediately on KotH as Symmetra, you should swap off. Her turrets are borderline useless at that point then as long as the other team is smart and doesn't overextend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I wish I had this issue with being able to free pick a healer, usually someone ends up picking Mercy before I can, and so far I've been sticking to Mercy/Zenyatta for my comp matches (Usually Zenyatta when we have a Winston).
    See, this is another reason I "main" Lucio. 95% of the "healer mains" I run into main Mercy or Ana. Which works out well for both of us.

I think I ended up playing Lucio once, and I still just can't seem to enjoy him, more because I find it annoying to keep track of people's health bars when you have to actually look around to make sure they're in your circle of healing.
    You get a feel for your radius. Most of my time as Lucio is honestly spent being fairly aggressive, and letting my passive healing do its "thing"; I'm in the melee and using my right-click to disrupt/separate the enemy team, and my aura healing tops people off as I'm leaping around like a crazy man. I don't really look at my aura radius much any more.

The other "advantage" is you can narrow your attention to people you can reach, and not worry about people across the map. They made their choice. And by "you can reach", I mean "people you can dash/wall-ride/ninja your way to relatively easily/safely". If our roadhog or reaper is flanking to the side to get a better angle, I can rush to them for healing if they need it, but the Tracer diving behind enemy lines is on her freakin' own. Which brings us to:

Also, the last time I did play Lucio, I had a Widowmaker standing across the map basically spamming how they need healing and then insulting me for not healing them.

As the only healer.
    Yeah, totally gonna ditch the team to heal the sole Widowmaker.
    That's a "get in the yellow circle if you want heals" moment.

Lucio's got pretty insane mobility options, with practice, but that means you can climb/move around things easily, not that you should be chasing people down if they're way off by themselves. Especially not as a sole healer (you've got a bit more leeway if you've got backup).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Lucio is pretty much never NOT strong, and absolutely nuts on any map with a falling hazard.
    Honestly, I think people get too focused on the shiny environmental kills, and ignore how absolutely brutal that knockback is for countering various ultimates or pushes.

When defending Anubis Point B, for instance, I can break enemy advances by booping their Reinhardt off the bridge as they come down the middle; he's not dead, but his shield's suddenly gone and the enemy team eats my entire team's offense, and Reinhardt has one of three longish routes to get back to the fight, since he's nearly useless down on that lower level if nobody on my team follows him right away.

I've booped Reinhardts immediately after Earthshatters, ruining any chance they had to capitalize. I've booped D.va mechs that were ulting, tossing them into a room where they did nothing. I've tossed ulting Reapers away from my team, I've booped enemies into Zarya's graviton surge or Hanzo's dragons, etc.

I don't play Lucio so much because of his healing. I play him for the boop, and the crazy amount of battlefield control/manipulation it offers; if anything, it's comparable to Mei's ice wall in terms of utility/control.

Hell, just the rage factor of booping someone pointlessly to annoy them and getting them to chase you when they can't catch you can win a fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Linked this a few days ago, it happens. I mean, this is a super obvious one when it snaps after killing me, but it's fairly subtle to that point. You probably wouldn't notice or suspect it otherwise, especially since "projectiles can't be aimbotted".

https://gfycat.com/LameWideKestrel
    That's just a 90 degree turn macro, not an aimbot. Whether they are legal or not, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Honestly, I think people get too focused on the shiny environmental kills, and ignore how absolutely brutal that knockback is for countering various ultimates or pushes.

When defending Anubis Point B, for instance, I can break enemy advances by booping their Reinhardt off the bridge as they come down the middle; he's not dead, but his shield's suddenly gone and the enemy team eats my entire team's offense, and Reinhardt has one of three longish routes to get back to the fight, since he's nearly useless down on that lower level if nobody on my team follows him right away.

I've booped Reinhardts immediately after Earthshatters, ruining any chance they had to capitalize. I've booped D.va mechs that were ulting, tossing them into a room where they did nothing. I've tossed ulting Reapers away from my team, I've booped enemies into Zarya's graviton surge or Hanzo's dragons, etc.

I don't play Lucio so much because of his healing. I play him for the boop, and the crazy amount of battlefield control/manipulation it offers; if anything, it's comparable to Mei's ice wall in terms of utility/control.

Hell, just the rage factor of booping someone pointlessly to annoy them and getting them to chase you when they can't catch you can win a fight.
    My favorite use of the boop at the moment is not letting Winston get into the middle of the group. As he jumps in, I love booping him up and away from the group and outside his shield he is trying to drop.

edit: Damn just noticed the 10 year tag... I feel old.
    Last edited by Matchles; 2017-05-15 at 08:09 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    i manged to climb back up to 2421 this evening.
    had some fun matches, thank god i had no trolls.

i also found out that im a decent zen.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    That's just a 90 degree turn macro, not an aimbot. Whether they are legal or not, I don't know.
    Not legal.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I see nothing suspicious there, he comes up the wall, aims left looking for you, sees you and turns right, releases a tree trunk and kills you. More than likely he knew where you were because of the red line WM snipes leave behind or his sonic arrow revealed you before this.
    This kind of shot is entirely possible if they know where you are, your red snipe line gives your position away. I've had one McCree that I suspected of aim botting where I saw him, got hit in the face and left that area to get a health pack, used junk rat det pack to toss myself over a wall and the second my head cleared the stone I was head shot again and typically it is much harder to hit a junk rat that is flying through the air especially when McCree shouldn't know where you are.

The fact they looked left before firing to find you tells me this was legit. Blizzard screwed you by adding a red trail behind each snipe shot that is a big red finger pointing to where you are.
    What red line? We weren't in each others LOS until he took his shot. I'd only grappled up, run forward a little and thrown in my Venom Mine onto the point. As dubious as that is, he could have got a call from Hog who had seen me, and got lucky.

The suspect thing though is where he instantly snaps to the corridor, where you can see Hog is also looking to, where one of my team mates had poked out.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-05-15 at 10:29 PM.

Not legal.

What red line? We weren't in each others LOS until he took his shot. I'd only grappled up, run forward a little and thrown in my Venom Mine onto the point. As dubious as that is, he could have got a call from Hog who had seen me, and got lucky.

The suspect thing though is where he instantly snaps to the corridor, where you can see Hog is also looking to, where one of my team mates had poked out.
    I didn't see an instant snap that you mention, I see a look to the left and then he goes right to target you. In a situation like this I err on the side of "lucky" or "just that good" because if I acted on every suspicious kill cam I would be paranoid as hell.
    I've only had one match where I felt the guy was botting because I bomb jumped over a wall and got head shot by McCree when he should of known I was even there.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not legal.

Your mine gave you away, makes you stick out like a sore thumb, can even see him follow it for a second before he shoots you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Because you can still win with one unideal hero if your team plays well. You can't if everyone throws a tantrum and swaps to useless heroes and plays like garbage because they're too salty to even try. It's everyone else that is fucking over the team, not the first guy.
    Yes, I know that and I always try to play "around" those shitpicks (e.g Symmetra/Torbjörn on KotH) myself. Just saying that I can understand the reasoning behind going "trollmode" at that point, even if I also do consider it completely stupid since the game is still very much winnable.

sym and torb can be used in koth maps only if they have captured the point; for defending. also they need teammates that will support these kind of strat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I didn't see an instant snap that you mention, I see a look to the left and then he goes right to target you. In a situation like this I err on the side of "lucky" or "just that good" because if I acted on every suspicious kill cam I would be paranoid as hell.
    I've only had one match where I felt the guy was botting because I bomb jumped over a wall and got head shot by McCree when he should of known I was even there.
    After I die he snaps left instantly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    Your mine gave you away, makes you stick out like a sore thumb, can even see him follow it for a second before he shoots you.
    He's lining the shot before I fire.

Deleted
    So maybe his teammate saw you hook yourself there and called it out?

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    horrible.

people either leave, throw the match because "booohoo! he said i shouldnt play this!" or "he picked someone i dont like!" or "we lost the first point in the first fucking round, lets give up and throw the match!" or are simply trolling because apparently its funny to fuck over others SR.

im getting sick of this, i need a team.
    This, for the last two weeks. (I keep getting screwed over in my placements 8 wins, 1 loss 1 draw is 1200 rank apparently) I clawed my fucking way from that cess bit in inbred mongrels up to 2050, then all of a sudden one game, Genji, Hanzo, WM, Junk instant locked on attack, refusal to switch to anything else. Me and the other guy were like :O. since then I;d say about 4 out of every 5 games is like that. I've fallen back to 1500. Ready for the new seasons placement to screw me over yet again

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nozmail View Post
    sym and torb can be used in koth maps only if they have captured the point; for defending. also they need teammates that will support these kind of strat.
    Contray to what I just said above, my last comp game was a win, we had a torb on route 66 defending. He set it up behind a rock next to where the pay load starts. I just stood on it with the hog belly blocking any ranged attacks from hitting it, it lasted until overtime and he didn't need to repair it once xD

- - - Updated - - -

The snap left, yes. And I guess that's already determined to not be allowed.

The lining up before hand though, I don't see any problem. He had plenty of time to see you and make the shot. Then when I played against you the other day you were standing in a lot of the spots I'd expect Widow to be, then didn't really vary location.

I'd have to say he's not aimbotting, I'd agree with the other person, looks like a 90 degree turn macro, especially since he doesn't look down at another teammate, it just rotates 90 without any variation in vertical angle.
    and then he cupped my balls...

Deleted
    I am on a break from the game as I don't play anything but competitive, after climbing from gold to the diamond and from diamond to masters. I spent two or three weeks in Masters, almost peaking at Grand Master. Then got a loss streak with 4 games involving Symmetra mains who refused to switch, 3 with Torbjörn players (not main, just wanted to play torb for "Lols") and 2-3 games with people who were already tilted and wanted to piss off others by throwing the games to make themselves feel better somehow.

The matchmaker does sometimes give you some weird players. I happened to suffer from them bit too much and best thing to do for while in the case is to take a break. 300-400 rating drop in a short period is rather painful when you've spent so many weeks climbing upwards.

Deleted
    I just love the Quickmatch Instant locks Genji/Hanzo/Widow combo on any map. If these players would be good then

Shiny Ninja, Archer and a Sniper, way too 'cool'. If those players would be good then

15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

You are reaching, badly.

He ascends the wall and primes a sonic arrow. He moves around the support column. There is really only two places he would shoot it and you were standing out in plain view like a glowing white neon sign in the better of the two. Additionally you had just launched your venom mine and there was a large red streak pointing right at you.

There was no snap target to you like an aimbot would. The twitch left after could be any number of things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconuter View Post
    The snap left, yes. And I guess that's already determined to not be allowed.

The lining up before hand though, I don't see any problem. He had plenty of time to see you and make the shot. Then when I played against you the other day you were standing in a lot of the spots I'd expect Widow to be, then didn't really vary location.
    That game was funny, we were a minute or so in before I'd realised from the latency that I'd logged US servers. Still won, still carried, still got my crit card.

I'd have to say he's not aimbotting, I'd agree with the other person, looks like a 90 degree turn macro, especially since he doesn't look down at another teammate, it just rotates 90 without any variation in vertical angle.
    Well, for one I've never heard of people using 90 degree macros; I google it and it shows me plumbing parts, at best I can see 180s which make more sense. I'm actually not convinced that's even as common a thing as aimbots. But whatever. It wasn't just this that made his play suspect. People ask for evidence, you present it, but there's always people looking to try to dismiss or explain it. That doesn't help anyone. I mean, what exactly would convince you? On the official forums, a few people who saw it said straight up that it was an aimbot called AimX.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    I just love the Quickmatch Instant locks Genji/Hanzo/Widow combo on any map. If these players would be good then

Shiny Ninja, Archer and a Sniper, way too 'cool'. If those players would be good then
    I usually instalock one of those 3 also in QP, so? I don't play any of them in competitive. They are fun to fool around in QP with though.