Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    Because its being run into the ground and less people are playing every day
    waa waa, i don't like the game anymore so it must be dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Ever Quest has been out for 18 years and is still going strong.
    Well, it's not dead, it's undead.

Wow is dying, that's a fact, but it'll still push out 5-6 more expansions and still make heaps of money. the 12 million subs thing is long, long gone and will never come close to that again - but it'll still push forward. Like it, play it. You don't, there are hundreds of other things you can do.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    The people who want WoW to die obviously have some deep seated mental issues so trying to rationalize their train of thought is pretty much a fools errand tbh. Case in point look at this website and look at how many people claim to have quit months/years ago yet come back on a daily basis to give their spicy takes on the state of a game they supposedly have zero interest in anymore for the luls.
    Exactly no matter how hard people try they will never ever get away from WoW, and it is rather sad that those who say they have quit can not let go..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    I'm pretty sure reading some of the shit that gets posted here on a daily basis probably shaves a couple days off your life somehow.
    Lol. Precisely, if not that then reading some of the threads/posts on this forum would shave a few IQ points off as well.. I think that I must be in negative numbers by now.. lol

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't give a damn what any you say.. I'll continue to pay and support WoW cause my money aint good for any other game.. besides someone has to keep saving azeroth and I'll keep on doing it. #NEVERGIVEUP #WorldofWarcraft4LIFE
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Oh it's dying. It's just that it'll die for the next 20-30 years, ya feel me?
    lol, yeah, fair enough

one thing you all are forgetting here. EQ is the devs only real money maker. Wow is not blizzards only moneymaker. They can close it down as soon as it aint profittable. Since they got other games earning them money. Like overwatch.

They might make a new one, which they should. But don't expect wow to live forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're all slowly dying here Jay. A little more with every thread.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

You're not necessarily wrong but it isn't the best comparison.

EQ and EQII both produced content faster than Wow. Blizzard is known to let properties languish without support- eg, diablo 3, wow content droughts.

EQ is run by a declining studio that relies on every dime they can get. Blizzard is a multi-billion dollar studio, strange as it may it sound it has less reasons to hold wow open if it starts slowing down. It isn't the same as diablo II, keeping wow open will definitely incur a cost.

Finally several mmo studios have shut down properties that simply weren't profitable enough for them or if they wanted to move a different way.

Not that I think wow is going to die anytime soon but as a final thought 'going to die' for many who say it probably means 'goes f2p or b2p' not necessarily 'zomg all the servers are off'.
    Last edited by Slythan; 2017-05-16 at 04:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Ever Quest has been out for 18 years and is still going strong. Their latest expansion is the 23rd in the series, and was released November 16, 2016.

Even if this game has a very niche playerbase, they continue to make content and release expansions for it.

Given this, what makes ANYONE think that WoW would EVER end?

WoW will continue to be expanded on for years and years to come. There is so much lore and so many things they can do to create new and refreshing content that im just surprised that anyone could actually believe that the game is dying or would end in the forseeable future.
    https://www.polygon.com/2015/2/11/80...pany-everquest
    https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming...or-to-release/

Not sure catering to an ever dwindling player base counts as "going strong".

First Sony sells them. (Which isn't uncommon Sony is/are (a) dick(s)) But then they cancel the sequel. It just doesn't paint the picture you are trying to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Everquest might still be going, but it's still dead.
    This. The question is how you define "dead". I don't think people claiming wow is dead literally mean the server will shut down within the next five or ten years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    This. The question is how you define "dead". I don't think people claiming wow is dead literally mean the server will shut down within the next five or ten years.
    Yeah, exactly how I meant it. Some people think that as long as there is still one person playing an MMO, that it can't be dead, but really, if that's what people mean by "dead", we wouldn't even need to discuss it.
    Last edited by mmocdf92b69352; 2017-05-16 at 05:59 PM.

Deleted
    WoW will die when the money for keeping servers up is no longer profitable
    Last edited by mmoc1f234b9ee4; 2017-05-16 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Oh it's dying. It's just that it'll die for the next 20-30 years, ya feel me?
    I mean things do die a slow death. Compared to what it was, yes WoW is dying. There probably won't ever be anything else that gets that high and neither will WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peskre View Post
    Wow will end when Blizzard can't get any more money out of it.
    So basically like any other game and company out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    It's just their own biased opinion and views of the game as they play it. WoW is not dying, they are simply gettnig tired of it and to them it feels like it's dying. What is really dying is their enjoyment of the game, which is perfectly understandable cuz it's been a while. Games aren't meant to be played forever, at some point it gets old and we are supposed to move on. WoW just has this Stockholm syndrome where people stay but still hate on the game.
    That's not what stockholm syndrome is or does.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Yeah, exactly how I meant it. Some people think that as long as there is still one person playing an MMO, that it can't be dead, but really, if that's what people mean by "dead", we wouldn't even need to discuss it.
    If "lively" means more activity on the server then WoW is more alive at this very moment than it has ever been in the past.

All the WQs and M+s made this game feel booming with life all around.

Sure, there may have been more players, but they sure as hell weren't as active as they are now. 500K people running around the place doing content surely feels more alive than having 1 million people afking in the capitol.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Yeah, but I still hope that one day there'll be a WoW 2. With an updated engine, a lore reboot and a whole new Azeroth to explore.
    a mmorpg about diablo lore would be like 100 x better thant just making a stupid wow 2 with same story but in hd ? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    I don't hope for a wow 2, because the whole point of playing an mmo is character progression, starting all over again doesn't interest me, i'd rather keep improving my character that i've already played for over a decade than arbitrarily start a brand new character and do the same thing again, in slightly shinier graphics.

anything they can do with a wow 2 they can retroactively add to wow 1.
    IMO, make a WoW 2 using a new engine, so its prettier and shinier. Have everything exactly the same as is in WoW currently, and you just port your toon over. It might help clean things up, since it wont be a game that's gone through 6 expansions and innumerable patches, so the code will be much more fresh. Basically think the FF7 remake people are wanting. Same game, new graphics, nothing lost aside from nostalgia.

Keep WoW up for a while for those that can't or won't swap, while everyone willing can continue the story in the new game.

There's no point in even worrying about this until it's been at least half a decade with no updates to the game.

this isn't a single player game though where you just make a brand new game when you start getting slightly bored, its not battlefield or cod where you need a new version of it every so often.

i'm too old to jump into a brand new mmo, ill most likely just continue playing wow 1 and occasionally dabble in other mmos, i doubt i would bother much with wow 2, again i'd prefer to keep going with my current character than just sweep the last decade under a rug and start again because of some arbitrary reason were at the point where they have the money and man power to implement any feature they could want. they don't need a wow 2 to create new features. this game was never about the graphics, on the contrary its extremely low requirements are one of the reasons as to why it became so popular, its the rpg version of half-life. new graphics aren't going to magically make it better, it does what we want it to do, wow 2 would be a new game and have to fill in big shoes it would have to be equally intuitive.

its the same as the vanilla argument though, they aren't going to re-release vanilla wow servers, for the same reason they won't create wow 2, because they aren't going to create self inflicted competition they don't have it in them to maintain 2 or 3 versions of wow.

wow with a different graphic engine just wouldn't be wow to me, its cartoony low poly low res texture style is 50% of the game. I'd honestly prefer to play the graphically inferior wow over a wow that is exactly the same but has higher detail graphics if only because it'll run better anyway. mainly its just that wow 2 doesn't do anyone any favours it just says 'why play an mmo when you should just wait for the sequel'. wow 2 has about the same amount of chance of happening as half-life 3. maybe it'll happen one day, if they can round out the story, maybe we'll get hl3 as well, i'm betting that day is measured in decades away.

eq 1 & 2 are so different you wouldn't even know they were the same ip i think if someone with no prior knowledge just saw two ppl playing both games.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-05-16 at 07:54 PM.