Page 89 of 125 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    I only wish we could have Sisko in the white house. That would be freaking amazing. A good deal of Sisko was based on Avery Brooks' own personality too.
    Isn't Avery Brooks a bit of a nutter, though? I'm basing this almost entirely on his personality in The Captains, so I can't say for sure, but he seems...unique. He's one of the main reasons I love DS9 though. Captain Sisko is such a badass.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    It is pretty sad they have no idea how to do it.
    Yeah they need to #takenotes #journalistsrule

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    God, the replacements will be atrocious. Who's left that's willing to work with him that's not fringe?
    Basically nobody.

Trump's already having a basically impossible time staffing the deputy and below ranks of his administration. They've been asking people and getting declined.

Nobody wants a radioactive administration on their resume, especially not when the last time that happened, with Bush, it was a career ender for many people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    Isn't Avery Brooks a bit of a nutter, though? I'm basing this almost entirely on his personality in The Captains, so I can't say for sure, but he seems...unique. He's one of the main reasons I love DS9 though. Captain Sisko is such a badass.
    A bit...but compared to what we have in the white house now?

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You need to CATCH THE FUCK UP. Trump already admitted he gave the intel over to the Russians. Trump confirmed the WaPo story.
    LOUDER! so the clowns in the back finally get the message.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    didn't hillary do the same during the election?

if i remember correctly nothing happened
    likely nothing will come from this
    Yeah, Hillary totally revealed classified information to the Russians while standing in the Oval Office without any US media to record the event, and then had her staff tell one story how she didn't, and then she came out and admitted she did immediately after her staff lied for her.

Surprised you missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by HeyGuysHello View Post
    Kind of a joke since everyone kept saying the Russians were spies.

- - - Updated - - -

"A brief statement for the record. There is nothing that the president takes more seriously than the security of the American people. The story that came out tonight as reported is false. The president of the foreign minister reviewed a range of common threats to our two countries, including threats to civil aviation. At no time, at no time, were intelligent sources or methods discussed. The president did not disclose any military operations that were not already publicly known. Two other senior officials who were present, including the secretary of the state, remember the meeting the same way and have said so. Going on the record should outweigh the anonymous sources. I was in the room. It didn’t happen. Thanks, everybody."

...?
    Thanks for quoting McMasters, Good for you, you can read. But, apparently neither you nor McMasters read the fucking Washington Post article because nothing he said in that statement was in the damn article.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Yeah they need to #takenotes #journalistsrule
    I mean, you are the one that set the bar that low.

I do appreciate the tremendous set up.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    Does that fit this situation where you know they're trying to make laptops into bombs? Why is it better to not tell everyone that isis is trying to make bombs out of laptops? I agree that the notion of not showing your hand fits in some circumstances, but not in one where you need to tell the world what to watch for. Isn't the "non-sharing" of information the exact reason why the successful terroristic plots have gotten through in the past? When we found out that, oh, so and so knew this, and so and so knew that... but no one decided to share that information with everyone else?

I don't think you make the right argument. I think this information should be shared. However, the information should be sanitized to make sure our methods of gathering intel are protected. That, I believe is a valid argument in this case... however, the story is that Trump was not briefed on how the data was collected, so in essence it's impossible for him to spill the beans on that.
    Don't you think people who have trained their entire professional lives for these situations should decide that question - rather than some idiot reality star who doesn't even know what classified information is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    didn't hillary do the same during the election?

if i remember correctly nothing happened
    likely nothing will come from this
    If she did, I'm sure you can source it

Instead of you know, deflecting with bullsit

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    LOUDER! so the clowns in the back finally get the message.
    You found my wig? I can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Basically nobody.

Trump's already having a basically impossible time staffing the deputy and below ranks of his administration. They've been asking people and getting declined.

Nobody wants a radioactive administration on their resume, especially not when the last time that happened, with Bush, it was a career ender for many people.
    So it'll probably get added to Kushner's portfolio, or Bannons since he was after an NSC role at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    I mean, you are the one that set the bar that low.

I do appreciate the tremendous set up.
    No the writer from the WaPO is the foreign policy expert here. If only he could just report the news.

Deleted
    So hang on the intel leaked was about the laptop threat that had been covered in the press weeks ago?

This isn't quite a reverse Pollard is it.

Eh just a little bit. He's mostly fine. The relationship of the cast members on DS9 is very interesting. Avery Brooks has long been very close with the actor who played his son. Bashir and Kira got married and had a kid, but then divorced. The Ferengi are all close. Nobody ever gets much along with the guy who played Chief O'Brien. They're a bit more fractured.

The TNG crew are still a family though, 30 years later.

Side note, it's kind of funny to me. I watched those shows as they were airing live. Back in the 1990s, TNG->Voyager aired in real time pretty much. That is to say, 1998 = 2376, 1999 - 2377, 2000 = 2378, 2001 = 2379 and so forth.

Where are we at in 2017? 2396, the year after the future-timeline in the last episode of TNG. The Enterprise E would be facing retirement in a decade. Sisko would be missing for nearly 20 years. Riker would be on the command staff of Starfleet. The old shows are basically history now.

Frankly, the fact that Avery Brooks acts like a 1940s bohemian jazz pianist only adds to his charm.

Erick Erickson sums up this thread in a tweet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    “With news like this I’m beginning to wonder why Trump ran in the first place and if he really cares about the country,” said a senior Trump appointee involved in counter-ISIS policymaking. “I miss candidate Trump. Now he’s just a pathetic mess.”
    WHAT!? That election rhetoric was worthy of a future president ? The only reason you miss candidate Trump is because he verbally abuses his staff and you zoned out all the atrocious sh-t that came out of Trumps mouth in 2016, Mr. counter-ISIS policymaking appointee.

I doubt he did it to collude [with the Russians]. I think he’s dumb and doesn’t know the difference,” a former FBI official told The Daily Beast. “He thinks he’s arranging some business deal except that he’s not.”
    Mulder nails it, thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    He seems a bit closed off, so I guess things have to get pretty crazy before he opens up. That was entertaining to see.

When republican commits treason its whats best for country. When democrat uses wrong email server they should be locked up.