Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If it's okay to shame, persecute and discriminate against smokers for their own good, why not do the same to fat people?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seventysix View Post
    Fatties!!! Because no matter what anyone says being fat is not a disease, there were no fat kids or fat people in general in the 1970's, a fat "disease" did not just spring up out of no where, it's because in the 70's kids were always active and same mostly for adults. Put down the donut!! Even my dad said back in the day they would eat bigmacs and drink pepsi all the time as kids and it was rare to see fat kids, so facts based on dad.
    https://thesocietypages.org/socimage...ubby-fashions/
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    why do people stillk kepee doing this? It only further divides the American people, isn't the current situatinon already bad enough?
    Why do people make fun of others.

You have to be a delusional fucking retard to not know the answer to that. You learn that at like the age of 5
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

I think most of the reasons people give for it aren't really true. Mostly it's just a feeling of disgust. I don't like that I'm stuck subsidizing their shitty lifestyles, but that's not really the point. I respect them less for their lack of self control and basic motivation, but that's not really the point. Mostly they're just gross.

Basically, people "fatshame" because being fat is shameful.

That said, I've never been personally mean to anyone about the matter. It's gross, it's costly, and it shows a lack of discipline and motivation, but it's still not a reason to actually be mean to people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, fat shaming is bad, and all those who do it should be faced with heavy heavy fines or a few months of jail time to make an example for others so they don't fatt shame.
    Trying too hard to be tennisface. 0/10

Quote Originally Posted by seventysix View Post
    Fatties!!!

Because no matter what anyone says being fat is not a disease, there were no fat kids or fat people in general in the 1970's, a fat "disease" did not just spring up out of no where, it's because in the 70's kids were always active and same mostly for adults. Put down the donut!! Even my dad said back in the day they would eat bigmacs and drink pepsi all the time as kids and it was rare to see fat kids, so facts based on dad.
    uh wat. lol yes obesity is more of a problem, but it existed in the 70's lol

It occours to me that Americans fatshame other americans because of no reasons, itt's not okay to fatshame other americans, it makes people feel bad and sad.

why do people stillk kepee doing this? It only further divides the American people, isn't the current situatinon already bad enough?
    If you are fat, you are choosing to be fat, because you are consuming more calories than you need.

Over consumption is the leading cause of Global Warming, Health Care costs and general unpleasantness.

Not being fat is pretty easy. Burn more calories than you consume.

It occours to me that Americans fatshame other americans because of no reasons, itt's not okay to fatshame other americans, it makes people feel bad and sad.

Americans love drama. That's the simple answer. They'll bitch about anything and everything for entertainment.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Fatshaming
    Poorshaming
    Skinnyshaming
    Skincolorshaming
    Dietshaming

People find reasons and ways to shame others to feel better about themselves for a split second. It's not exactly new.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Fatshaming
    Poorshaming
    Skinnyshaming
    Skincolorshaming
    Dietshaming

People find reasons and ways to shame others to feel better about themselves for a split second. It's not exactly new.
    Agreed. My fat coworkers (the women) shit on skinny people (other women) all the time.

Yes, fat shaming is bad, and all those who do it should be faced with heavy heavy fines or a few months of jail time to make an example for others so they don't fatt shame.
    so...you want to fine or jail people for having a vocal opinion on someone who is destroying themselves through poor diet/overeating/unhealthy life?

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    lol jail time for fat shaming. I admit it made me laugh.
    It's quite a heavy sentence, I'm afraid that it might fatten up the crime statistics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Trying too hard to be tennisface. 0/10
    That's like the Anti-Tennisface.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

10+ Year Old Account
    DUnno i dont fat shame people though i do think its gross being super fat.

I have no problem with people being fat. I do have a problem with them blaming genetics, set point, big boned, diseases (people with properly managed thyroid conditions, pcos, and others can and do lose weight) or thinking that healthy just means a lack of illness, or counting calories is an eating disorder, or eating less will stop their metabolism and thus gain weight. I have the same contempt for people that think fad diets, icing your fat, juice cleanses or other junk science will make you lose, and maintain your weight. No one is a special snowflake who doesn't have to obey the laws of thermodynamics. If you want to be fat that's fine, but don't delude yourself into thinking it's healthy or normal (prevalent is another more depressing matter however).

15+ Year Old Account
    Because get a hold of yourself!

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand why shaming people is a bad idea. In fact, it's backed by science that shaming someone only serves to reinforce the negative traits and increase social seclusion. It also does not prevent others from doing the same thing, even though it is technically dangerous.

You don't shame overweight people. We have to find another way to put emphasis on positives of a healthy lifestyle rather than the negatives of a bad one. Economic, comfort and mental health, for instance.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

I've always been a bit fat myself. I never denied that I was fat and was quiet ashamed of it. I always made excuses for myself as well, like "Its because I cant afford proper food" or "I dont have the time to exercise" and while the first was true, the second was not.

I am now actively exercising every day (or every other day), and honestly wish people would have been hard on me for my fatness. It may have pushed me to work at it sooner.

Maybe fat shouldn't be actively shamed, but it should never, EVER be accepted.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

15+ Year Old Account
    Another thing that bugs me is "body acceptance". You don't accept being fat. You give up being fit.

Mocking someone for their weight may not be the best method to help them. But, you certainly shouldn't accept obesity as if it were a skin color.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    I've always been a bit fat myself. I never denied that I was fat and was quiet ashamed of it. I always made excuses for myself as well, like "Its because I cant afford proper food" or "I dont have the time to exercise" and while the first was true, the second was not.

I am now actively exercising every day (or every other day), and honestly wish people would have been hard on me for my fatness. It may have pushed me to work at it sooner.

Maybe fat shouldn't be actively shamed, but it should never, EVER be accepted.
    I think that overcoming the initial barrier and getting started on the path to fitness is probably the most difficult part for most people. There's just so much bad information out there that you really have no idea who to trust, and it probably doesn't help that so many gymbros are douchebags who aren't exactly welcoming or helpful. As for diet, I'm sure that for every piece of advice you could get, there's probably another person out there saying the exact opposite. So while there's some obvious things like avoiding soda and snacks, that hardly gives you enough information on what you should be eating and how to sustain it.