Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    I read it wrong, I thought both bonuses applied to the next PoF, it's just the 4 piece that does it.

Which actually makes it better during breath than previously mentioned.

PoF is a 20 second base duration, BoS is 15RP/S

- 20 x 15RP/S = 480RP. 480RP/25 = 12 second gained
    - 12 x 15RP/S = 180RP. 180RP/25 = 7.2 seconds gained
    - 7.2 x 15RP/S = 108RP. 108RP/25 = 4.32 seconds gained
    - 4.32 x 15RP/S = 64.8RP. 64.8RP/25 = 2.59 seconds gained
    -2.592 x 15RP/S = 38.8RP. 38.8RP/25 = 1.55 seconds gained
    -1.55 x 15RP/S = 23.3RP. 23.3RP/25 = 0.9 seconds gained

I rounded a bit, but basically if you can keep breath up the entire time and not assuming any tomfoolery with adding frost strikes (which you wouldn't want to anyway, you can arrive at around ~48/49 second PoF which is absolutely massive.

This isn't the correct way of thinking about it. I made this initial mistake earlier and corrected my post stating as such. The correct way would be to simulate it. The gist of the math is that a single second of Breath increases the duration of the current Pillar of Frost by .6 seconds. This means that your pillar will last a maximum of 33 seconds.

Here is a very simple JS fiddle showing my work. https://jsfiddle.net/w8qmg5t0/
    Hope that links properly.

Is the frost DK class fantasy for this patch to turn into a goddamn icicle?

Deleted
    PoF increasing strength by 20% before 4 piece, add to this the rune regen belt with concordance procs and ToS' engine of eradication, there's a lot of potential str floating around. If 4 pc remains uncapped and allows you to carry over... You're talking frost juggernaut levels of tom foolery here.

Bonus has to be strong, We're losing a huge bonus from T19 and on top of that we'll be pigeonholed into using CoF for the entire progression of ToS.

Would this 4 piece mean you can hold on to pillar of frost and not use your 2nd one until you stack it up insanely big for some crazy burst?

Much better than the previous T20 incarnation, kudos blizz.

Never expected blizz to actually completely rework(again) this bonus. I really like this one and think it will be viable for us, unlike the previous one. Definitely not as OP as the original bonus, which i never expected to see the light of day, for various reasons, but it sounds fun, involves rewarding skilled play, and is useful regardless of chosen talent build.(even if there is only one 'optimal' build to play at a high level, i know some people still prefer to play non-breath builds, and that's perfectly fine pretty much anywhere outside of mythic raiding.)

Quote Originally Posted by connor778 View Post
    Would this 4 piece mean you can hold on to pillar of frost and not use your 2nd one until you stack it up insanely big for some crazy burst?
    I hope there's a cap or that it ends up not worth it to do this... Would be silly to save a 1 minute cooldown for an extra minute just for the burst it gives with breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesquish View Post
    Hopefully it goes live. Seems too strong.
    There will be some tweaks...probably but it's actually interesting and should be fun to play with. I would expect a nerf to the bracers over a nerf to the set bonus. The 2P makes the bracers as good as helm pre-nerf if not better.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    This isn't the correct way of thinking about it. I made this initial mistake earlier and corrected my post stating as such. The correct way would be to simulate it. The gist of the math is that a single second of Breath increases the duration of the current Pillar of Frost by .6 seconds. This means that your pillar will last a maximum of 33 seconds.

I mean if you wanted to, you could weave in a frost strike or two during Hungering Rune Weapon when you're at maxed out RP. No threat of it dropping then really and you'd get some extra uptime and damage. Not sure if it's overall worth it... but now I'm curious to see what the BiS legendary items are. You'd assume the bracers and ring would destroy the belt at first glance but you also have to take into account the amount of free runes you get for the 4pc with belt.

Quote Originally Posted by connor778 View Post
    My guess is there will be a cap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    I mean if you wanted to, you could weave in a frost strike or two during Hungering Rune Weapon when you're at maxed out RP. No threat of it dropping then really and you'd get some extra uptime and damage. Not sure if it's overall worth it... but now I'm curious to see what the BiS legendary items are. You'd assume the bracers and ring would destroy the belt at first glance but you also have to take into account the amount of free runes you get for the 4pc with belt.
    Belt value just went up significantly...but my expectation is either the bracers will be nerfed or the bonuses will be....these set bonuses will make the legendary bracers on par if not more op than the helm was before it was inevitably nerfed.

I believe it should be "Pillar = Pillar-.4;". I ran it with updated code and that made pillar 50 sec.

Here is math: -1+(15/25)=-0.4
    Last edited by Darcyn; 2017-05-17 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudgery View Post
    PoF increasing strength by 20% before 4 piece, add to this the rune regen belt with concordance procs and ToS' engine of eradication, there's a lot of potential str floating around. If 4 pc remains uncapped and allows you to carry over... You're talking frost juggernaut levels of tom foolery here.
    There is or will be a cap....its crazy to think otherwise.

Deleted

His estimation is correct, it's just the first steps of what your function does with the correct value (as mentioned before), with some round. Ofc in practice numbers should be lower since we probably won't be able to have 100% uptime on the boss for 50 seconds in ToS from what I heard, and thus won't be able to maintain BoS that long w/o the ring.

I was a little sad to only have bracers + belt and no ring, but with those boni i guess i won't complain anymore.
    Last edited by mmocf5bfdba5ec; 2017-05-17 at 02:16 AM.

Doesn't it force you to play only BoS with the way the bonus works ? Not that I'd mind, but there are still plenty of people that doesn't like this style.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    Doesn't it force you to play only BoS with the way the bonus works ? Not that I'd mind, but there are still plenty of people that doesn't like this style.
    Thing is, obliteration and GA are really lackluster compared to BoS in their current iteration, and don't have as much synergy with the other talents.

10+ Year Old Account
    No idea if the bonus is additive or multiplicative. That changes a lot on it's own.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    No idea if the bonus is additive or multiplicative. That changes a lot on it's own.
    Let's hope it's additive but expect it's multiplicative.

Quote Originally Posted by Sphax View Post
    Let's hope it's additive but expect it's multiplicative.
    It would probably be broken as fuck if it was additive.

If each second of Breath gives you 0.6 seconds of PoF uptime, then that function should be Pillar = Pillar-.4; rather then Pillar = Pillar-.6;, since you are losing 0.4 second per second due to gaining 0.6.

This gives you a 50 sec uptime, which is very similar to to the math you quoted.