Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I don't know, we're allowed to shame people who are addicted to drugs and alcohol right? And we're allowed to suggest they seek help for it, right?

Being fat is the same thing, except it's a food addiction and avoidance of help (the gym, yo).

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by seventysix View Post
    Fatties!!!

Because no matter what anyone says being fat is not a disease, there were no fat kids or fat people in general in the 1970's, a fat "disease" did not just spring up out of no where, it's because in the 70's kids were always active and same mostly for adults. Put down the donut!! Even my dad said back in the day they would eat bigmacs and drink pepsi all the time as kids and it was rare to see fat kids, so facts based on dad.
    The Fat Albert show premiered in 1972. No fat kids?

Because fat people are gross.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    It occours to me that Americans fatshame other americans because of no reasons, itt's not okay to fatshame other americans, it makes people feel bad and sad.

why do people stillk kepee doing this? It only further divides the American people, isn't the current situatinon already bad enough?
    If someone wants to be fat go for it. But if I'm on an airplane don't invade my seat with rolls.

Also if you're a larger female don't be offended when I don't find you attractive.

Live your life how you want but don't infringe on mine or my space(airplanes especially).

That's not fat shaming is it?

Because there are two sets of "fatshamers"

a.) People who just call people fat to be cunts
    b.) People who counter "fat acceptance" dumbasses who say being fat is healthy, which it isn't.

The first person is just a prick the second is a legitimate counter.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Being fat is objectively bad. I understand that fat people are thin skinned because their skin is stretched so much, but they need to learn that it shouldn't be accepted by society.
    hahah good one have a cookie

but more seriously - obesity is a serius deasese - stop lying to yourselves by for example making you XL size something which in EU is XXXL would help a lot for people to realise how fat they are

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys do realize that the finish nerd has been making troll/shit threads/posts and y'all are eating it up right?

It really only takes patience to lose weight. After 1 week of not eating dirty, you get used to it and start losing a lot of weight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    To me it's a matter of health. If someone is obese, you shouldn't be, and you should work to fix it.
    Agreed... It is an extremely easily preventable condition that no one with a shred of concern for their own well being should have - unless they have a debilitating medical condition like rheumatoid arthritis which prevents them from being active and exercising, and even then, they should just eat less, because being overweight will just aggravate the RA and make the damage worse.

Granted, in the U.S., we need a better healthcare system so that people can get the treatment they need.

Somehow, though, I feel like this thread is just a big punk.
    Healthcare won't matter much... Being obese is very, VERY rarely a healthcare issue, and almost always a self control issue. People eat too much because they have no self control, thus they get fat.

It's not a disease.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-05-17 at 06:40 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    Because no matter what anyone says being fat is not a disease
    Actually it is, but only tiny minority (probably something like below 1%) of fat people fall under that category. The rest are just fucking fat.

Saw family of obese American tourists when I was in Italy. It was disgusting. Each one of them might have been over 200kg.

Why? It's one of the few remaining forms of socially acceptable bigotry. That's why.

Why do people like to smellshame nonbathers so much? #OdorAcepptance
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Most humans are naturally repelled by obese people. On top of that, the obese tend to be less intelligent, lazier and poorer than others so it is almost instinctual to look down on them.

Not a nice thing to say but your brain isn't programmed to be nice.

Yes, fat shaming is bad, and all those who do it should be faced with heavy heavy fines or a few months of jail time to make an example for others so they don't fatt shame.
    lol no. You shouldn't be forced to be nice to each other. We all can't be liberal snot bags.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

It occours to me that Americans fatshame other americans because of no reasons, itt's not okay to fatshame other americans, it makes people feel bad and sad.

why do people stillk kepee doing this? It only further divides the American people, isn't the current situatinon already bad enough?
    1) Learn to spell
    2) Learn not to just babble on about nonsense

With that said, being fat/overweight is unhealthy and costs the person and the taxpayers more in healthcare costs under our current system. Why anyone would want to be in a sub-optimal body style is beyond my comprehension. I shame smokers and heavy drinkers, because their actions are harmful to their well being.

Of course, if you are constantly looking for things to be offended by I can see why you would have the opinion that you do.

Fatties!!!

Because no matter what anyone says being fat is not a disease, there were no fat kids or fat people in general in the 1970's, a fat "disease" did not just spring up out of no where, it's because in the 70's kids were always active and same mostly for adults. Put down the donut!! Even my dad said back in the day they would eat bigmacs and drink pepsi all the time as kids and it was rare to see fat kids, so facts based on dad.
    The reason Obesity rose in America was because some dumbass did a study and said fat was making everyone have heart attacks. So food manufacturers took fat out and put in sugar which is the real reason why so many people are fat today. It isn't just a lack of exercise it's sugar in our foods throwing everyone's hormone's off balance. I Know fat people who work out hard in the gym, a few who run 5k's regularly but their diet sucks, they're not over indulging their eating the wrong foods.

Deleted
    Not being American I can only say I don't know.

What I do know is that political correctness is going crazy. I refuse to call obese women 'plus sized models'. A positive self image should only be encouraged if you are actually healthy. You don;t have to be skinny like supermodels and slightly over weight isn't immediately unhealthy. But not calling out obesity for what it is is just as bad as promoting the skinny model look.

Put a cupcake in your mouth and shut up fattie! Idk. Americans are terrible... Fat people even make fun of fatter people. They are like im fat, but NOT THAT FAT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by the View Post
    The Fat Albert show premiered in 1972. No fat kids?
    Lol give me a fucking break guy, that's why it was funny. Try making a show today called the Fat Frank show about a fat black kid, let me know how that shit goes LOL!