Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    They also just added the new leg ring: Affliction: Death's Embrace. Demonology: Shadowy Inspiration. Destruction: Eradication.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    So why don't you just play a shadow priest then?
    Because I'd rather play destro and not deal with shit dot classes in a burst centric metagame now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by transparent View Post

Affliction also has great burst, not sure why everyone harks on about Destruction being better. With CoA and 2xUA, maybe more pending shard numbers, followed by a Reap and MG drains hits like a truck..
    Not when it;s nerfed to 25% from 70% it won't.

That's my only real concern, that affliction;s biggest weakness is it's lack of burst in a game where most of the time burst damage carries more value than ramping sustained does. If the sustained damage is not considerably superior to burst over a given period, then burst just wins all the time, every time because there is no circumstance where burst damage is not useful - but plenty of circumstances where ramping sustained damage isn't similarly useful.

That is probably one of the reasons that MG was made so powerful.

I;dalso point out that affliction feels like a third wheel in lower levelkeys and pretty much useless in normal, heroic and mythic modes because everything is just dead before your damage even gets going. Sure sow the Seeds is OK, but affliction's relies heavily on Soul Flame for AOE. Without high-health trash again everything is dead or almost dead before your Seed sof Corruption cast crawls across the screen, sails majestically across the room and finally explodes after you've done enough damage to set it off.

Given that it's damage is hardly spectacular, I have no idea why SOC's cast time is so bloody long. It;s just painful, and crazy when you consider the detonational requirement on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Not when it;s nerfed to 25% from 70% it won't.

That's my only real concern, that affliction;s biggest weakness is it's lack of burst in a game where most of the time burst damage carries more value than ramping sustained does. If the sustained damage is not considerably superior to burst over a given period, then burst just wins all the time, every time because there is no circumstance where burst damage is not useful - but plenty of circumstances where ramping sustained damage isn't similarly useful.

That is probably one of the reasons that MG was made so powerful.

I;dalso point out that affliction feels like a third wheel in lower levelkeys and pretty much useless in normal, heroic and mythic modes because everything is just dead before your damage even gets going. Sure sow the Seeds is OK, but affliction's relies heavily on Soul Flame for AOE. Without high-health trash again everything is dead or almost dead before your Seed sof Corruption cast crawls across the screen, sails majestically across the room and finally explodes after you've done enough damage to set it off.

Given that it's damage is hardly spectacular, I have no idea why SOC's cast time is so bloody long. It;s just painful, and crazy when you consider the detonational requirement on top.
    I'm not sure the burst will be all that different than it is now.You'll have Haunts initial hit + 30% buff + 20% buff to UA + a nice boost from deaths embrace on the last ticks. Should be fairly close.

Deleted
    Haunt is 20%.

Death's Embrace starts out really low, at 35% health it does almost nothing. It;s another bloody ramping mechanism, so ther quicker something dies the less benefit.

The go to for dungeons will probably be Conduit, the closest we will get to burst will be just spamming UA's

Deleted
    Siphon Life/Soul Coundit and Death's Embrace?

That ring is gonna be op as fuck.

Item - Warlock T20 Destruction 4P Bonus Chaos Bolt always gains maximum benefit from your Mastery: Chaotic Energies.

Reverse Entropy Chaos Bolt and Rain of Fire restore 35% of your maximum mana and deal 8%10% increased damage.

Soul of the Netherlord Gain one of the following talents based on your specialization:
    Affliction: Death's Embrace
    Demonology: Shadowy Inspiration
    Destruction: Eradication

that's potentially 150% damage increase for Chaos bolt from the above changes, plus the 35% damage buff to the spell.

Dont know how many of these changes will make it live but I think from the direction blizzard has shown us so far they want Destro to be compareable with Aff if not better.
    Last edited by sd2400533; 2017-05-17 at 02:09 AM.

I worked a haunt on the order hall target dummy to 2.4 million crit without WoC and with just base concordance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlebolt View Post
    They also just added the new leg ring: Affliction: Death's Embrace. Demonology: Shadowy Inspiration. Destruction: Eradication.
    Holy shit I hope this is placeholder otherwise demo just got completely fucked - and how is it fair that aff gets a lvl 100 talent? Seems completely retarded.

Deleted
    other spec dont give u a real warlock feeling. when you are putting more targets under pressure with curses and their suffering is feast u. other just primitivelike hunter or firemage.

- - - Updated - - -

"I;dalso point out that affliction feels like a third wheel in lower levelkeys and pretty much useless in normal, heroic and mythic modes because "

ask the tank to make big pull. and u will have 2-3M aoe dps. and if the raidboss have adds periodicaly even a crap gear u can make 550-600k dps. the affli is pretty good these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sinddk View Post
    Holy shit I hope this is placeholder otherwise demo just got completely fucked - and how is it fair that aff gets a lvl 100 talent? Seems completely retarded.
    With all the changes I don't think destro is "fucked", quite the opposite. Reverse Entropy & Eradication will be stupidly strong together, especially with the new 4 set and buffs to chaos bolt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    With all the changes I don't think destro is "fucked", quite the opposite. Reverse Entropy & Eradication will be stupidly strong together, especially with the new 4 set and buffs to chaos bolt.

Thats why I wrote Demo - not destro

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, not enough coffee this morning obviously.

I agree as demo I feel a little neglected with the next patch, as good as SI is, it's not comparable to the other two talents - the only saving grace I suppose would be if the new 2 set and demonic calling can also proc from the instant casts of SB.
    Last edited by Chemii; 2017-05-17 at 10:41 AM.

what about demo any love for demo this patch or next?

10+ Year Old Account
    Demo will have uber ST and there are quite a few ST bosses that tier.

Deleted
    PTR not working for me seriously what is this. Crashes immediately after loading screen is done. I was looking forward to finally test T20 and raid testing in a few days and then this.. Anyone else having the same problem ?

Deleted
    Demo definitely has the better weapon traits than Destro (Cry Havoc is a joke and the golden one is so RNG that it effectively isn't much better than the other rifts). So instead of doing it right - like fixing the destro traits - they "balanced" it through the leggy.

The only unfortunate thing is that ELT still outpaces RE by miles so let's see if convenience still wins out over the dps increase in practice.

Anyone know if there are other leggies coming? Healers seem to have received one more with this weird "until cancelled" tooltip. Something like this coming for DPS and/or tanks, too?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Demo will have uber ST and there are quite a few ST bosses that tier.
    Still doesnt change the fact that the talent demo got through the ring is a joke compared to destruction and affliction. where affliction getting a free lvl 100 talent is beyond retarded.

Im really wondering how the specs will stack up against each other for mythic+

10+ Year Old Account
    Still doesnt change the fact that the talent demo got through the ring is a joke compared to destruction and affliction. where affliction getting a free lvl 100 talent is beyond retarded.

Big whoop, Recurring/Wilfred with tier gonna be absolute shenanigans.

And while you are still circlejerking over a '100 talent' it is currently garbage.