Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Can an entire server be bad at wow?

I do a lot of M+ groups. One thing I've started to noticed is that when people are invited from certain servers, regardless of their ilvl and perceived experience, they are just bad. e.g. Have strange, inefficient, and often deadly dungeon routes; never interrupt casts; low dps despite high ilvl; and generally lead the group to their death multiple times. Ever see this? Is this a latency thing based on server location? Cultural? Language?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhackin View Post
    Is this a latency thing based on server location? Cultural? Language?
    An individual can never represent an entire population. One may have bad ping, another may be lazy, a third may not understand you. But there will always be at least one person on each server that is absolutely brilliant and that means the entire server is NOT bad, just most of them. And you're just unlucky to meet them. That good player probably hooks up with other good players and they have fun together.

is it ragnaros

I do a lot of M+ groups. One thing I've started to noticed is that when people are invited from certain servers, regardless of their ilvl and perceived experience, they are just bad. e.g. Have strange, inefficient, and often deadly dungeon routes; never interrupt casts; low dps despite high ilvl; and generally lead the group to their death multiple times. Ever see this? Is this a latency thing based on server location? Cultural? Language?
    leave those people on Gallywix alone......

but in all honesty certain servers have a large % of "new players"...so every time you see the server think "ohh look that is me from 5 years ago...."

I think you're experiencing some confirmation bias and selectively noticing only the faults of that server's players. I mean, sure, you might see a lot of bad players from a certain server, but by no means does that make the whole server bad. The number of people who PUG M+ is already a minority of the server, and the people you've grouped with is a further tiny minority of that minority.

I will admit that every time I group with someone from Malganis, I half-expect them to be trolls who want to wipe the run on purpose for luls. This has never actually happened to me and without fail everyone from MG has been cool, but I'll forever associate that server with Goon Squad.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

In Azralon and Ragnaros's case, yes.

In all seriousness, not all of them, but most of them are trash.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    is it ragnaros
    THIS! I cringe every time I have the misfortune of a Ragnaros group. They are consistently bad.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Good people play with other good people in guilds. They don't PUG shit. They're not even in the pool of players you're likely to find in the situation you describe. This is especially true for smaller servers where the good players have to try to congregate even harder to ever accomplish anything.

There are realms intended specifically for players that speak certain languages.

These are mostly players that don't play the English version of WoW.

If you choose a Spanish or Portuguese version of the game, over the English version of the game, it suggests your English skills are limited.

If you prefer to play on a realm with Spanish or Portuguese speakers, instead of English speakers, it suggests your English skills are limited.

If your English skills are limited, what game resources do you have access to?

What guides do you have access to?

What community do you have access to, that helps you be better at the game?

The people who care about performing well will gravitate to the language that helps them perform better.

These realms you speak of therefore contain a self-selected population of people who care about the comfort of a particular language environment, more than they care about performing well in the game.

Can someone explain why players from Rag and Azralon tend to be so bad? I mean I used to play on Gurubashi, which was notorious for it's dense Brazilian population, but I assumed the issue with their performance was the language barrier. But even if I'm in a group and there all speaking the same language they tend to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    is it ragnaros
    Haha, I was about to ask the same thing. Ragnaros-US proves that yes, it is possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I'm talking about 15-17 M+ Keys and players with equipped ilvls at 910+. Also a huge lack of logic and common sense like a Melee not interrupting once the entire dungeon. It's just like...how did you even get your gear?

Does the random population of a realm represent all of them ?
    No.

Are the best players likely to be in guilds already and therefore removed from the random pool ?
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Shu'Halo got it's first Lich King kill 21 days into Cataclysm. It's called Shu'Failo for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Yes, Ragnaros. I literally drop group if I see a Ragnaros tank or healer in certain situations (raid pugs, mainly).
    and when u kick them from group they go jajajajjajajaja and pull boss to wipe raid

I'm brazilian and I play on azralon. This is where most of the brazilian pve community plays. We have many good players and like said before, one individual does not represent everyone. Yesterday I pugged a +13 with an illidan group and it was one of the worst experiences I had in mythic +. The tank was an idiot, dps didn't bother with mechanics and what was supposed to be a fast dungeon took one hour. But I can't judge a whole server based on bad experiences alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Does the random population of a realm represent all of them ?
    No.

Are the best players likely to be in guilds already and therefore removed from the random pool ?
    Yes.
    Also, this is absolutely true. And it's way more fun.

It's Brazilians in general. Utter trash at any game they touch. Has to be something in the water there.

Infracted
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2017-05-17 at 07:36 PM.

Deleted
    maybe hardcore pvp who only do arenas realms?

Most of the people from the BR servers, and a handful of Illidan players I've seen, are probably the worst I've played with. I dunno how you be that bad, on accident or on purpose.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Deleted
    Yes there is, they are called well'of eternity and nemesis