Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyepic View Post
    It's due to the language barrier, but not in-game. It's the language barrier in regards to the community and resources. Imagine you played WoW, but all the theorycrafters and best forums and best websites for information about the game and playing your class properly were all written in Russian. If you wanted to get better at the game, what would you do? Where would you go? I'm sure there's a viable answer like befriending someone that is fluent in both languages and can translate for you or something along those lines. But that also takes ALOT of extra effort, which most people may not be willing to put into something that's just a game.

I'm sure its not the only reason but it does make alot of sense. A decent amount of the spanish community is "bad" at the game because they don't have the indepth knowledge of the English language to read guides and access the available resources.

There are plenty of times i will browse through Warcraftlogs for information and the top DPS on something is a Korean or a russian player and i go "well shit...guess i'll try and find another log". Sure you can look at the log and maybe get a small amount of information from the pictures and the general knowledge you have about how Warcraftlogs displays information, but you can't really get too in depth when you can't understand a single word on the page.
    That makes a lot of sense. I'm sure they're taught English though. For example I'm literate and conversant in both French and Spanish, I'm not fluent but I can get a good enough understanding of whats going on, especially if I'm reading it a quick google search will fill in the gaps in my vocab.

If any server could, it would be Ragnaros.

Ragnaros, the BR section. I played with Argentinians and Uruguayans, and they take the game seriously. They mess and joke around when we are not pulling a boss or something serious and they tend to be relaxed people to play with. But god help you if you get to play with brazilians, they are average at best, and claim to be the very best. Happened to me countless times, not just in WoW, but generally in any online game I play.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPonderevo View Post
    nemesis
    c'thun
    pozzodellaeternita
    azjol nerub
    drak'thul

you're welcome
    Lol so true

Quote Originally Posted by bettomendes View Post
    Brazilians can be pretty bad, but Ragnaros and Quel'talas (non-brazilian latin americans) are far worse in my experience.
    This.

When you tank or heal LFG or LFR, you start to identify trends with certain servers. Of course it's not everyone on that server, but you start to realize a few things.

Quel'thalas is full of people that you cannot communicate with, and fuck up frequently, with no way to correct or suggest better play.
    Ragnaros is full of assholes that don't take the game seriously and end up being trolls.
    Sargeras is full of arrogant assholes that usually turn out to be good, but think they're so high and mighty they'll fuck you over if they don't like you for any reason.

When doing high M+, I dont invite anyone from those 3 realms. Nemesis is also on my radar as being sketchy.

The player population frequenting LFG and LFR for those realms is certainly filled with more uh... less-desirable players. I'd have to assume that the good ones have people they do stuff with, and thus do not utilize lfg and lfr nearly as much, so they're much less common.

you forgot quel'thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse View Post
    THIS! I cringe every time I have the misfortune of a Ragnaros group. They are consistently bad.
    You stay in these groups? I straight up leave. I have more success doing a +12 BY MYSELF than running with that crap.

In all seriousness I developped an habit of always checking the server of group leaders or the people I invite beforehand.

Never playing with Ragnaros or Azralon.

Interestingly, I came to this thread just for a peek at what people were saying in response to the OP. Imagine my surprise when within the first couple posts, US Azralon and Ragnaros are mentioned, then expounded upon by so many others. Unfortunately, this has generally been my experience too. Not that every bad person I run with is from one of them, but more often than not, little things that tend to add up in M+ or pugs seem to point to them.

Not sure if it's the case anymore, but we had this server with a lot of Italians on it, and... well, 9 times out of 10, they'd be terrible to play with. Unwilling to communicate in anything but Italian, not listening to tactics, not being very nice overall.

They got a bad rap as a result.

Then, I moved with my Cataclysm guild to the newly opened Portuguese server, Aggra, and after just a few months it became clear to me that Aggra players had the exact same bad rep as that other server. I took it upon me as a personal challenge to go against the prejudice.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Good people play with other good people in guilds. They don't PUG shit. They're not even in the pool of players you're likely to find in the situation you describe. This is especially true for smaller servers where the good players have to try to congregate even harder to ever accomplish anything.
    This is completely untrue. I've been in several mythic+ pugs that went insanely well. Sometimes people who are good at their class don't necessarily want to be in a guild.

@op, I've noticed a trend recently with raiding. If a group you get into is being sarcastic, silly... joking around at the start of the raid, odds are they're going to suck and not take the mechanics seriously. Every single group I can recall having been in where people were joking around or acting meme-ish as the raid was forming/standing in front of the first boss, the raid could not down that first boss. Also really hate getting into groups with Quel or any other foreign speaking server. They NEVER perform properly and the members who do understand any english are rude as fuck.
    Last edited by Silver Forte; 2017-05-17 at 07:32 PM.

Came to check if it was Ragnaros, glad I wasn't alone.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elodeon View Post
    There are realms intended specifically for players that speak certain languages.

These are mostly players that don't play the English version of WoW.

If you choose a Spanish or Portuguese version of the game, over the English version of the game, it suggests your English skills are limited.

If you prefer to play on a realm with Spanish or Portuguese speakers, instead of English speakers, it suggests your English skills are limited.

If your English skills are limited, what game resources do you have access to?

What guides do you have access to?

What community do you have access to, that helps you be better at the game?

The people who care about performing well will gravitate to the language that helps them perform better.

These realms you speak of therefore contain a self-selected population of people who care about the comfort of a particular language environment, more than they care about performing well in the game.
    Unless you, uncultured Americans, other countries' people can (and in fact do) speak other languages, moreso English.

10+ Year Old Account
    rag and az

there is literally no discussion about this. They are the worst in random dungeons/raids and bgs. This has been consistent since the inception of those realms. I literally despise those realms with a passion that Id rather sit with a 30 minute debuff than be the one doing all the Dps as a tank or losing yet another bg with 5 players from rag (unless they are on the alliance side, then im fine staying)

There's bad people on every server. I haven't noticed any that tended to be all bad, but I've noticed that Sargeras and Kel'Thuzad tend to be good on the Alliance side.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlokh View Post
    Ragnaros, the BR section. I played with Argentinians and Uruguayans, and they take the game seriously. They mess and joke around when we are not pulling a boss or something serious and they tend to be relaxed people to play with. But god help you if you get to play with brazilians, they are average at best, and claim to be the very best. Happened to me countless times, not just in WoW, but generally in any online game I play.
    You do know that Ragnaros is not a Br Server do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    You do know that Ragnaros is not a Br Server do you?
    I think that geographically speaking is located in Brasil, maybe. No idea really. But that was not what I said. I said that in my case, bla bla bla what I said.

The favela servers are indeed the worst players. It truly has been my misfortune to group with 99% of them. They disregard mechanics, are generally rude/nasty, do not min/max, and seem to have an air of superiority that they cannot back up.

Deleted
    https://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/c...d-earthen-ring

If there is a server where all people is bad, this is it. Everybody says Ragnaros but this is the worst server by far. Ragnaros (assuming you are talking about US one) has three 10/10 guilds, so it has at least 60 good enough players to finish the content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Ragnaros for PVE, and Frostmourne for PVP (sorry frosties, no offense)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Not sure if it's the case anymore, but we had this server with a lot of Italians on it, and... well, 9 times out of 10, they'd be terrible to play with. Unwilling to communicate in anything but Italian, not listening to tactics, not being very nice overall.

They got a bad rap as a result.

Then, I moved with my Cataclysm guild to the newly opened Portuguese server, Aggra, and after just a few months it became clear to me that Aggra players had the exact same bad rep as that other server. I took it upon me as a personal challenge to go against the prejudice.
    I can assure you i'm not biased because I am Portuguese, but whenever I get paired with Aggra players (i stuck around on an english realm with all my british and scandinavian guild mates) it's always "good" players, or at least competent enough to fly under the radar and get things done in a timely way.

Plus what I've gathered from all these years is that people in EU-english realms sigh when they're paired with Spanish players, cringe when paired with Italians and just go "oh, ok" when paired with someone from Aggra-PT. As a reference point, I play on The Maelstrom-EU (your mileage may vary).