Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    No, Ukraine locking out disinformation and propaganda.
    There's something you don't understand about free speech. Like everything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    There's something you don't understand about free speech. Like everything.
    You say that the propaganda and disiformation, the false informations and lies of a tyrant and his propaganda machine are covered under free speech, while the tyrant removed free speech from his country and gives a fuck about that?

So Putin is not just a tyrant and a coward, but also a hypocrite?

I mean, that guy cant even stand criticism. He he one of the most ridiculous leaders you could imagine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Don't even dare to use the word 'hypocrite' when you're supporting the censorship of social media.
    It is not "social" media, it is Russias state media.

There is no free press in russia.

Deleted
    Shutting down OLIGARCH owned media is part of shutting down the network of CRIMINALS, media isn't exempt from the LAW.

Or maybe you want to argue that Oligarchs aren't criminals?

Interesting how you westerners flip-flop about oligarchs, in one instance you think they are criminal scum, in the next they are the champions of democracy, free speech n what not..

Russia is full of media that don't like Putin, even that ridiculous Moscow Times which is owned by America keeps spewing its stupid propaganda non-stop

Also LOL..

Now, I'm off to grinding Artifact power for my alts..

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Don't even dare to use the word 'hypocrite' when you're supporting the censorship of social media.
    Are you serious? This is probably the dumbest stuff I've read all day.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    I don't mean to be rude but I was stating a fact not expressing an opinion, as an ASSR Crimea had the constitutional right to choose to go with Ukraine or not, this was denied (because it would have chosen not too).
    Respectfully, you were asking a question that I answered with a "No".

As for the fact you were stating: "Unlike the union republics, the autonomous republics did not have a right to disaffiliate themselves from the Union." @Lolgo added the specifics before me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolgo View Post
    While all of that might be somewhat true you can't go half way with bans. Can't ban one and leave the other. And this North Korea example is completely out of the window. I'll repeat myself for the 1000000th time - do not mistake self-defense for censorship. NATO agrees.
    And I completely agree with that statement. You can not do half measures. Please ban crude oil from Russia (it is only like 80% of your consumption), natural gas (close to 65%), all banking communications, shops that belong to russian chains, machinery that is produced in Russia (like generators for your powerplants)... I can go on and on. This generates multiple orders of magnitude more profit for Russia. And at the same time your own president happily trades with russian organizations, enjoys the sweet ( ) lifestyle of a multibillionaire, while most of the country is surviving on 100 euro per month. Do you not see the hypocrisy in all of that? Before taking something away, for whatever reason, you at least have to create an alternative. Create economic incentive to use your own products. Maybe even impose increased taxation on a range of goods, so that population would switch faster. But simply cutting it at the source, while being reliant on the product, especially when ukrainian government has literally no means (nor probably wants) to impose these bans through legal system, will only spread corruption and further degradation.
    All economy aside, my personal belief is that freedom of speech is crucial and banning social media immediately puts you on the same line as North Korea. It is true that most large media companies do pursue an agenda. CNN, BBC, RT, TV Nova - they all have an agenda, none of them are independent in the slightest. That is why social platforms are the only means of communication for the "little guy". Concerned about propaganda? Holy macaroni - you have all the state media at your disposal to counter that. People still do not follow? Maybe there is something to it then? Treating your own population like dumb cattle, blindfolding them, will get you nothing. Unless of course you plan on running a totalitarian oligarchy. But that seems to work only for those that got to the top of the food chain.

15+ Year Old Account
    How exactly is it so hard to understand that it's not in our best interests to collaborate with our enemy? This whole fruit tree analogy falls completely flat on it's butt if you factor in that THEY ARE INVADING OUR COUNTRY? What's so incredibly hard to understand?
    The part that's hard to understand is how Russia has been invading Ukraine for three years and no one to this day has ever seen any Russian regiments there Not every problem can be solved by traditionally blaming it on Russia, civil war included.
    Russians talking about double standards. That's just golden. Every who loves russia is a patriot and a hero. Everyone who loves <any other country> is a nazi.
    Now, when did I ever say that? You try to put things in my mouth, which I find disturbing since we've not reached that level of intimacy yet.
    Provoking and waging war? That's hitler-level of lies there. Where exactly do we have any kind of national discrimination? Name ONE example of that, that is not another fairy tale made up by russian media.
    'm talking about Western policy in general, although consciously ignoring any kind of peace treaties in regard of Donbass war also counts. "OMG we haz a war in there, big bad Russia attacks, need moniez to protect Europe, GIB MONIEZ PLEEEEEASE OR EVERYONE'S DOOMED" - Ukrainian policy regarding civil war and relations with NATO and EU. On topic of national discrimination, well duuuuh, remember what everything started with, the campaign against Russian language and Russian identity within Ukraine.
    Using the usual kremlin propaganda bs =/= using your brain.
    These days it's the same thing; you dare question Western narrative, no matter how self-contradicting it becomes, you're a Kremlin-bot.
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Russian style: invest billions dollars into exporting state propaganda worldwide, and when someone does take it down, yell about violations of freedom of speech. It is so sad that Ukrainians are now only able to listen to 0.001% less sources telling them that Putin is their savior and their leadership is a bunch of fascists supported by evil Americans and Jews... Not sure how one can survive such a torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/ukraine-under-fire-for-banning-russian-social-media-1.3086397
    “Blocking of social networks, search engines, mail services and news websites goes against our common understanding of freedom of expression and freedom of the media,” said Thor bjorn Jagland, secretary general of the Council of Europe.
    US-based Human Rights Watch said the move “dealt a terrible blow to freedom of expression in Ukraine”. “It’s an inexcusable violation of Ukrainians’ right to information of their choice, and the European Union an d Ukraine’s other international partners should immediately call on Ukraine to reverse it,” the group said in a statement.
    Your paragons and moral compasses agree with Russia on this, however. THE WORLD IS ENDING! Besides, those social networks and services were the most popular in Ukraine. Like, 90% of everything they used popular.
    It is not "social" media, it is Russias state media.

There is no free press in russia.
    Spoken like a mantra. That's one properly freedomized brain!

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    And I completely agree with that statement. You can not do half measures. Please ban crude oil from Russia (it is only like 80% of your consumption), natural gas (close to 65%), all banking communications, shops that belong to russian chains, machinery that is produced in Russia (like generators for your powerplants)... I can go on and on. This generates multiple orders of magnitude more profit for Russia. And at the same time your own president happily trades with russian organizations, enjoys the sweet ( ) lifestyle of a multibillionaire, while most of the country is surviving on 100 euro per month. Do you not see the hypocrisy in all of that? Before taking something away, for whatever reason, you at least have to create an alternative. Create economic incentive to use your own products. Maybe even impose increased taxation on a range of goods, so that population would switch faster. But simply cutting it at the source, while being reliant on the product, especially when ukrainian government has literally no means (nor probably wants) to impose these bans through legal system, will only spread corruption and further degradation.
    All economy aside, my personal belief is that freedom of speech is crucial and banning social media immediately puts you on the same line as North Korea. It is true that most large media companies do pursue an agenda. CNN, BBC, RT, TV Nova - they all have an agenda, none of them are independent in the slightest. That is why social platforms are the only means of communication for the "little guy". Concerned about propaganda? Holy macaroni - you have all the state media at your disposal to counter that. People still do not follow? Maybe there is something to it then? Treating your own population like dumb cattle, blindfolding them, will get you nothing. Unless of course you plan on running a totalitarian oligarchy. But that seems to work only for those that got to the top of the food chain.
    And there you go again, using data from several years ago. We actually stopped using russian gas completely a year or so ago. Same goes for oil. We're also boycotting their production. So yeah, we're pretty consistent. And if you really want to talk economics, this decision will allow Ukrainian Internet to grow and here's how: some years ago, when mail.ru, yandex.ru and so on only came to Ukraine our ad prices where high enough to sustain good growth and make profit for our search engines/mail services, like meta.ua, bigmir.net and ukr.net. When russians came they basically dumped the prices so low, that our companies couldn't compete. Russians didn't really care (as they shouldn't), cause they already had a lot more profit from russia and it's neighbors. Our companies, however, barely survived if survived at all. Now they will have a chance to return, cause it will be illegal to post Ukrainian ads on russian sites. I don't see anything wrong with that.
    And you go again with the "blindfolding" crap. We're not "blindfolding" or censoring anyone, we're removing toxic propaganda of a ruthless tyrant and his cohorts. We don't want to be a part of the new empire. And if you're so much for "fair play" and "free speech" you should be giving these talks to your favorite russians. Ask what they do with opposition. And how much air time does opposing view get in russia.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    The part that's hard to understand is how Russia has been invading Ukraine for three years and no one to this day has ever seen any Russian regiments there Not every problem can be solved by traditionally blaming it on Russia, civil war included.
    Hello! I suppose you just walked out of a cave, do look around You'll find all the proof you need, that you never heard from propaganda-TV.

Now, when did I ever say that? You try to put things in my mouth, which I find disturbing since we've not reached that level of intimacy yet.
    Ahem.
    The most ridiculous part is that they don't even realize how fascist they become. They try to keep the peace by provoking and waging wars. They try fighting for freedom with censorship. They try to set social justice with national discrimination.
    -------------------------------------
    'm talking about Western policy in general, although consciously ignoring any kind of peace treaties in regard of Donbass war also counts. "OMG we haz a war in there, big bad Russia attacks, need moniez to protect Europe, GIB MONIEZ PLEEEEEASE OR EVERYONE'S DOOMED" - Ukrainian policy regarding civil war and relations with NATO and EU. On topic of national discrimination, well duuuuh, remember what everything started with, the campaign against Russian language and Russian identity within Ukraine.
    Ah yes, "The Propaganda Bible", page 13, verse 3. Oppression against russian language - never happened, only the anti-Ukrainian language laws of Yanukovich's regime were reverted. Oppression against russian people - never happened, the only people who got into trouble were government-sponsored "titushkas" that attacked first and weren't purely russian. Ignoring peace treaties? Yes, your lapdogs and your soldiers do so all the time. And get adequate response every time.

These days it's the same thing; you dare question Western narrative, no matter how self-contradicting it becomes, you're a Kremlin-bot.
    You're not "questioning Western narrative", you're blatantly denying facts and reciting the same bullshit propaganda your TV does.

Your paragons and moral compasses agree with Russia on this, however. THE WORLD IS ENDING! Besides, those social networks and services were the most popular in Ukraine. Like, 90% of everything they used popular.
    Is that so? Or did you find some more sellout apes, ready to spew your bullshit for you? Cause here's what NATO thinks:
    "The Ukrainian government has made clear that this decree is an issue of security, not one of freedom of speech. NATO works with Ukraine to strengthen its reforms, including in the fields of democracy, the rule of law and human rights. Freedom of speech is covered by this dialogue. We have trust in Ukraine’s commitment to its international obligations and the system of checks and balances in place in Ukraine,"
    So yeah... You might want to do a reality check. Though I'm pretty sure my or any other words, except those said by the sun-god pputler and his servants, will be lost on you.

Deleted
    Spoken like a mantra. That's one properly freedomized brain!
    Freedom is the way to go, and not becoming a brown noser for a tyrant. Start to learn from that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hello! I suppose you just walked out of a cave, do look around You'll find all the proof you need, that you never heard from propaganda-TV.
    If Russia was actually invading Ukraine, it would've been over in a couple of days. And to this day, no one ever gave ample proof that regular Russian regiments took any part in combat whatsoever. OSCE has been there since the start, and they ain't seen nothing.
    Ah yes, "The Propaganda Bible", page 13, verse 3. Oppression against russian language - never happened, only the anti-Ukrainian language laws of Yanukovich's regime were reverted. Oppression against russian people - never happened, the only people who got into trouble were government-sponsored "titushkas" that attacked first and weren't purely russian.
    Who was burned in Odessa's house of workers' unions then?
    Ignoring peace treaties? Yes, your lapdogs and your soldiers do so all the time. And get adequate response every time.
    Like, "shelling cities in advance" adequate? It's Kiev that needs constant war, otherwise it loses the justification for pretty much every problem in Ukraine and monetary support from the West.
    You're not "questioning Western narrative", you're blatantly denying facts and reciting the same bullshit propaganda your TV does.
    Who the hell watches TV these days?
    Is that so? Or did you find some more sellout apes, ready to spew your bullshit for you? Cause here's what NATO thinks:

So yeah... You might want to do a reality check. Though I'm pretty sure my or any other words, except those said by the sun-god pputler and his servants, will be lost on you.
    I dunno, I gave my sources. NATO is NATO, being anti-Russian is pretty much what this organization was created for.

- - - Updated - - -

Freedom is the way to go, and not becoming a brown noser for a tyrant. Start to learn from that.
    But only Western way of freedom. Reglamented, sanctioned freedom. All other ideas of freedom are prohibited.

And do care to explain me how I'm being oppressed and tyrannized by dictatorial regime. Looks like I'm suffering under the yoke in an improper way since I'm not quite oppressed.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    If Russia was actually invading Ukraine, it would've been over in a couple of days. And to this day, no one ever gave ample proof that regular Russian regiments took any part in combat whatsoever. OSCE has been there since the start, and they ain't seen nothing.
    Ah yes, the famous lie #123 "IF TEH MIGHTY RUSSIA ACTUALLY INVADED YOU...". No, it wouldn't be over. You'd lose most of your force trying to stop all of the guerilla action. And you'd probably wouldn't even get close to Kyiv. But that's a topic for another time. You're not ready yet to accept the fact that russia is an anemic worm without its neighbors doing all of the heavy-lifting for it. The only real threat from you right now is your nuclear arsenal. Oh yeah, and OSCE has PLENTY of proof of russian presence. Maybe actually visit their web-page and read for yourself? Cause it seems your favorite propaganda didn't tell you the truth again.

Who was burned in Odessa's house of workers' unions then?
    Traitors of the nation and trash that would rather see Ukraine burn than free of russia.

Like, "shelling cities in advance" adequate? It's Kiev that needs constant war, otherwise it loses the justification for pretty much every problem in Ukraine and monetary support from the West.
    Like shelling terrorists that shell civilians in their own controlled cities to frame Ukraine and push back the support.

Who the hell watches TV these days?
    You, apparently. Cause you're pretty much quoting word for word.

I dunno, I gave my sources. NATO is NATO, being anti-Russian is pretty much what this organization was created for.
    So it's wrong, of course. Anti-russian = wrong by default, pro-russian = right by default.

- - - Updated - - -

And do care to explain me how I'm being oppressed and tyrannized by dictatorial regime. Looks like I'm suffering under the yoke in an improper way since I'm not quite oppressed.
    That's pretty simple. The leash is in your head. You're already unable to value the freedom of anyone, that disobeys you. You're unable to see the truth even if smacked face first into it.
    Last edited by Lolgo; 2017-05-17 at 10:07 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    The time has come for the UN to impose sanctions on the Ukraine for their continuous, targeted, subversive attacks on Russia. Why does the Ukraine hate Russia's Democracy!?
    /exit_bizarro_world

Adding this conversation to the "arguments only seen on social media" list.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    The time has come for the UN to impose sanctions on the Ukraine for their continuous, targeted, subversive attacks on Russia. Why does the Ukraine hate Russia's Democracy!?
    /exit_bizarro_world

Adding this conversation to the "arguments only seen on social media" list.
    It's just "Ukraine", without "the" if you don't mind please.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's just "Ukraine", without "the" if you don't mind please.
    Quit stepping on my freedom of the speech!

Edit:
    I knew your comment sounded familiar:
    'The Ukraine' or 'Ukraine'
    Good stuff, I chuckled.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2017-05-17 at 10:53 PM.

Deleted
    I am sure you arent. As you serve your emperor well.

In a democracy you could disllike him. But who would dislike a warmongering civilian-killing gay-hating mass-murdering coward who cant stand criticism and different opinions? I am sure you love your "leader". If you wouldnt, you would be jailed.

Just continue to put your nose deep into the bottom department of that fascist.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-05-17 at 10:56 PM.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quit stepping on my freedom of the speech!

Edit:
    I knew your comment sounded familiar:
    'The Ukraine' or 'Ukraine'
    Good stuff, I chuckled.
    Please forgive me, my American overlord, I overstepped my boundaries

7+ Year Old Account
    Please forgive me, my American overlord, I overstepped my boundaries
    Strike one! You've got two more.
    (Chances are, when you hit three, I'll change it to cat lives.)

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Strike one! You've got two more.
    (Chances are, when you hit three, I'll change it to cat lives.)
    I shall repent by eating 10 russian newborns!

15+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, the famous lie #123 "IF TEH MIGHTY RUSSIA ACTUALLY INVADED YOU...". No, it wouldn't be over. You'd lose most of your force trying to stop all of the guerilla action. And you'd probably wouldn't even get close to Kyiv. But that's a topic for another time. You're not ready yet to accept the fact that russia is an anemic worm without its neighbors doing all of the heavy-lifting for it. The only real threat from you right now is your nuclear arsenal. Oh yeah, and OSCE has PLENTY of proof of russian presence. Maybe actually visit their web-page and read for yourself? Cause it seems your favorite propaganda didn't tell you the truth again.
    Ooooh, so if they have so much, why isn't EU doing anything? I thought actual military invasion is supposed to be a big time event... And please... Guerilla warfare? Seriously? More like drinking with buddies and relatives who stayed on the other side of the border on the road trip to Kiev. It would go just like Crimea. Quick and painless.
    Traitors of the nation and trash that would rather see Ukraine burn than free of russia.
    Oooooh, such hatred, such assumptions. You justify burning people alive then, if they're "trash" and "traitors"? And who of us is fascist?
    Like shelling terrorists that shell civilians in their own controlled cities to frame Ukraine and push back the support.
    Shelling "our own controlled cities to frame Ukraine". Frame for whom? Western media already blames Russia in all mortal sins. And push back which support?
    You, apparently. Cause you're pretty much quoting word for word.
    Believe it or not, I haven't been even able to watch TV for the last 1,5 years. There's no TV signal in Okhotsk sea, and neither there's one in Bering sea...
    So it's wrong, of course. Anti-russian = wrong by default, pro-russian = right by default.
    It's stupid and outdated. It made sense during the Cold War. It has lost the point in 1991. What does it even do these days? Clearly it doesn't protect Europe, because it does nothing about refugee crisis and frequent terrorist attacks in EU.
    That's pretty simple. The leash is in your head. You're already unable to value the freedom of anyone, that disobeys you. You're unable to see the truth even if smacked face first into it.
    Oh dear Cthulhu, the pathos! The irony is that you're speaking just like Soviet liberal idiots circa 1990. And then Soviet Union collapsed. But Russia had reserves to get up on its feet, and Ukraine does not. Your country is being de-industrialized. And no amount of IT start-ups can make up for that. Without heavy industry and technologies of its own, the country is done. People were chanting freedom in Latin America, and now they're banana republics, resource colonies. Same shit happened to most post-Soviet countries. You think Ukraine has a brighter future than Moldova or Bulgaria?
    I am sure you arent. As you serve your emperor well.
    Praise Omnissiah! Sorry, couldn't hold that back. Once GW released Adepta Mechanicus I felt like my wettest dreams came true.
    In a democracy you could disllike him. But who would dislike a warmongering civilian-killing gay-hating mass-murdering coward who cant stand criticism and different opinions? I am sure you love your "leader". If you wouldnt, you would be jailed.

Just continue to put your nose deep into the bottom department of that fascist.
    Your outlook on politics looks like it's been taken straight from comicbooks, although even Doctor Doom isn't that mustache-twirling level of evil.