Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    If this makes it live rets will be so much stronger than any other dps it's not even funny. 7 retri paladins ho.

Oh boy, I can't wait for the blanket nerf to Ret a few weeks after this ring is out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    And that would make sense. It wasn't my complaint to get something for killing the final boss in a raid in general, it was the fact of questlines being like the Cataclysm legendaries for example. The quest chain is suppose to be about making these super powerful weapons to kill Rag/Deathwing, yet what do you need to do before getting the legendary?

Kill Rag/Deathwing.
    Actuallry u have the fangs you just finalise them by killing deathwing for further empowerment. Why wouldnt it empower them further.

Tarecosas rest goes much much beyond rag. It was about kalecgos becoming an aspect and building a vessel for the killed princess blue from the macinations of arygos and deathwing. So i mean not really. The stories did make sense

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Actuallry u have the fangs you just finalise them by killing deathwing for further empowerment. Why wouldnt it empower them further.

Tarecosas rest goes much much beyond rag. It was about kalecgos becoming an aspect and building a vessel for the killed princess blue from the macinations of arygos and deathwing. So i mean not really. The stories did make sense
    Why WOULD you empower it further? Lorewise, the deed is done. Why would you want to make this weapon even more dangerous now, especially since it's starting to become corrupted with madness (Old Gods and the Black Dragonflight).

Granted, started to derail a bit at that point I suppose.

And the best part these rings if infact obtained that way eliminates the cancer of having 2 good legandaries ESPECIALLY offspecs and alts. Unless we get third slot for argus..... they keep adding so we should get 3rd for

Anyway i havnt played since hfc went live and still dont. Just following story and mechanic developmwnts since i expect next expac has a good chance of wrapping up the games story entirely. Because once all iconic villans are dead and all thats left after legion and old gods and naga and void is gone and the world explored. There is some pretty fucking horrible filler expansions for the forseable future if the milk it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Why WOULD you empower it further? Lorewise, the deed is done. Why would you want to make this weapon even more dangerous now, especially since it's starting to become corrupted with madness (Old Gods and the Black Dragonflight).

Granted, started to derail a bit at that point I suppose.
    ???? Why would you not empower youraelf further after killing the patriarch of the black dragonflight. Simple

Because you can because it makes the rogue that much more a dangerous or heroic figure in the universe when he siezes that power

Why did illidan sieze the warglaives of azzinoth?

From a GAMEPLAY perspective it makes sense because easy mode is not hardest mode

From a story perspective it makes sense because powerful figures have powers that can be siphoned and relics that can be siezed
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-05-17 at 08:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    If this makes it live rets will be so much stronger than any other dps it's not even funny. 7 retri paladins ho.
    Let's not exagerate. We are mid of the table. This would make us competitve and is in trade for another legendary. It will make Ret alot more fun to play though.

Don't forget Divine Hammer is beeing massively nerfed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tss View Post
    Oh boy, I can't wait for the blanket nerf to Ret a few weeks after this ring is out.
    You mean, like it happens everytime because we look like champs in the first 2 weeks due to the Retribution passive? Yeah... can't wait... will love to see the new excuse and how we aren't balanced around it...

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    we aren't balanced
    This is boarding on blasphemy now Nemmar.
    Maybe you're better off this way with such insolent claims!

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    depends on what kind of tint you use.
    I don't get it.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    This would make us competitve and is in trade for another legendary. It will make Ret alot more fun to play though.

- - - Updated - - -

According to the folks on the pally discord the new ring is simming as our lowest dps gain legendary. Belt and Cloak still miles ahead. For the ring to be viable for ret it needs significant buffs or possibly the ability to wear three legendaries. As it currently stands ret will avoid using this ring unless you have no other dps legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    According to the folks on the pally discord the new ring is simming as our lowest dps gain legendary. Belt and Cloak still miles ahead. For the ring to be viable for ret it needs significant buffs or possibly the ability to wear three legendaries. As it currently stands ret will avoid using this ring unless you have no other dps legendaries.
    How are they simming it though? I don't think the latest build (for simc) has the ring in it so the only thing I can think is they do each talent separate then compare which would be wrong anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

That's really unfortunate.

I wasn't expecting it to break meters but i was expecting it to be an improvement.

Edit: Yup, the ring is trash. I did forget it has NO secondary stats. According to sims it represent a measly 10k DPS increase versus no legendary at all. Ti's trash unless it's buffed. It is so far behind it isn't funny.

Edit: It has some secondary stats, i was mistaken. Though not much.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-05-18 at 03:44 AM.

I did forget it has NO secondary stats. According to sims it represent a measly 10k DPS increase versus no legendary at all. Ti's trash unless it's buffed. It is so far behind it isn't funny.
    What? It has 3 secondary stats + socket. Where does it show no secondary stats?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    What? It has 3 secondary stats + socket. Where does it show no secondary stats?
    Oh... you are right, it has a little bit, but not much. A measly 600-700 rating give or take and one socket. Liadrin's has 2100-2200 rating and a socket aswell.

There's no way they don't know this already tbh. Maybe this'll give them an excuse to buff Divine Purpose? Too hopeful, I know.

Apparently the ring won't be equipped if the stats stay the way they are. Too much stat loss for a meh talent like DP.

This is according to the sims Sol and someone else (think it was Mseranno) did. That's if the ring stays the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaron View Post
    Don't get me wrong...my hopes are up, that the ring is getting fixed. I'm also hoping, that it is not a random drop and that we will be able to equip it as a third lego (although the tooltip states something different at the moment, but that could be subject to change, just like the 910 ilevel). All we do at the moment ist fishing in muddy waters.
    Based on a lot of what Blizzard has done with Ret already, the solution to make the ring viable will be to nerf all the other legendaries until they're about equal to the new ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaron View Post
    Unless you only have one or two legendaries and the ring is one of them...

I mean, there always have to be two "best" legendaries if you only can equip two. Where does the opinion come from, that the new ring has to be best in slot? Shoulders weren't, when they added them.

Don't get me wrong...my hopes are up, that the ring is getting fixed. I'm also hoping, that it is not a random drop and that we will be able to equip it as a third lego (although the tooltip states something different at the moment, but that could be subject to change, just like the 910 ilevel). All we do at the moment ist fishing in muddy waters.
    Yeah that's basically all we can do. They're just working with the information they currently have and that's a 910 ring with shitty stats.

It doesn't have to be BiS, but at the current point it's simming as the worst dps legendary for ret. It's not really comparable to the shoulders as they simmed pretty well. Not BiS, but pretty close. The ring in its current form is pretty far behind BiS and falls in last compared to all the other ret dps legendaries.

Hopefully it does change, im assuming it will but can't predict that so just gotta work with what we've got atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Based on a lot of what Blizzard has done with Ret already, the solution to make the ring viable will be to nerf all the other legendaries until they're about equal to the new ring.
    Well lets be honest that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Currently the difference between a ret with BiS legendaries and another with worst is ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Yeah that's basically all we can do. They're just working with the information they currently have and that's a 910 ring with shitty stats.

It doesn't have to be BiS, but at the current point it's simming as the worst dps legendary for ret. It's not really comparable to the shoulders as they simmed pretty well. Not BiS, but pretty close. The ring in its current form is pretty far behind BiS and falls in last compared to all the other ret dps legendaries.

Hopefully it does change, im assuming it will but can't predict that so just gotta work with what we've got atm.
    are the sims even remotely correct? early sims like that are plagued with bugs, heck, DH sims had tremendous problems with shoulders for months before they got fixed and this ring on paper, even with like 2k less secondarys doesnt look weak at all.

Deleted
    Yup, I'm surprised it seems that bad. I would think DP procs would be major during crusade. Especially at the beggining ramping up the stacks faster and once stacked as TV is our hardest hitter.
    On the other hand it does have to make up for stats and the passive effects of the cape and/or liadrins.
    But alas, I'm not a theorycrafter, so I will see how this develops.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-05-18 at 08:38 AM.