I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

Disenchanting your collection

I am tempted to start disenchanting my legendaries, not all of them.
    - only the one in wild
    - only the "bad" one
    - only the one i don't see myself ever playing like (gahz'rilla, gazlowe, mistcaller...)

I don't play seriously in wild, i prefer to ladder on standard. Wild is usually left to knock a few quests.
    Seems like a no brainer, but i feel conflicted to burn a 4 years collection.

Should i or should i not?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    If you want to, do it. If not, don't?

It may hinder you in future adventures though.

Don't. Just whine about the game needing to be less expensive like me.

I recently did this actually. Was a pretty good feeling honestly and helps change up my game (I don't own all so no point in keeping the useless ones).

10+ Year Old Account
    If things stay as they are then you might as well but there was an announcement of a Wild Tournament coming after the end of May and the top 64 on the Wild ladder will automatically qualify so who knows what Blizzards plans are.

The pool of players in Wild is a lot smaller than in Standard, only around 1000 reach legend in Wild and there's no signs of it changing. It can only change if Blizzard do something drastic like allow cheaper crafting for Wild but so many players have already DE'd their old sets there's no going back for them.

I figure if something has been stuck in my collection for a year or two and has never been needed then it should go. I'm in the position that there are loads of things I could craft that I could use today so that may be different for some. Less keen to dust cards that may be useful for the adventures that they say are coming, or the odd tavern brawl that allows old cards. But there aren't all that many of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    I am tempted to start disenchanting my legendaries, not all of them.
    - only the one in wild
    - only the "bad" one
    - only the one i don't see myself ever playing like (gahz'rilla, gazlowe, mistcaller...)

I don't play seriously in wild, i prefer to ladder on standard. Wild is usually left to knock a few quests.
    Seems like a no brainer, but i feel conflicted to burn a 4 years collection.

Honestly, I'm not sure since Blizzard isn't even REALLY sure what they are doing besides trying to maximize profits. If anything I'd look at your golden cards. Also, slight food for thought is I saw a post on them doing a wild tournament? So if that kicks up maybe more wild play can be a norm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zinfandel View Post
    Less keen to dust cards that may be useful for the adventures that they say are coming
    We don't even know if there are going to be adventures ever again and even if there are it'll be at least a year away. Do you really want to hold onto cards to be briefly used in a stupid CCG based on what may or may not happen aeons into the future?

Besides, adventures are easily cleared with or without Wild cards, Karazhan difficulty was a joke even on Heroic for the card back.
    Last edited by Twoddle; 2017-05-01 at 04:38 AM.

I had understood that the other two expacs this year had some single player content. Happy to be corrected, not least as I can dust a bunch more stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zinfandel View Post
    I had understood that the other two expacs this year had some single player content. Happy to be corrected, not least as I can dust a bunch more stuff.
    Admittedly some of the bosses in the old heroic mode adventures were extremely luck dependent and required 20 or 30 attempts before everything aligned. Cards like Kel'Thuzad & Deathlord were extremely helpful but there was also a taunt bug where enemy minions wouldn't attack while Kel'Thuzad was on the board which has been fixed so I've no idea if some bosses have been nerfed to compensate.

If ever they do re-enable those expansions though there are plenty of new cards and combos that make powerful decks to beat them.

Can't bring myself to disenchant old cards even though I rarely play Wild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    I did this over the weekend, spent 4k dust to make a dragon priest deck. I now hate dragon priest and have no dust . Be careful if you're looking to make something specific with the dust you get as you may not even like the deck!

10+ Year Old Account
    What gives you the need to disenchant them?
    If there a specific deck you want to play that requires a big pile of dust you don't have at the moment?

I once disenchanted a ton of stuff to make a full golden card deck, ended up recrafting some of the stuff I disenchanted because I decided to dip into wild for a bit. Hell, I even disenchanted Pyroblast because who the hell plays Pyro... Until control mage made Pyro a staple card in Un'goro and I had to craft it again.

I'd say hold to them if your only reason for disenchanting them is because you don't play them at the moment. Recreating cards you destroyed is always a waste of dust.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutricul View Post
    I'd say hold to them if your only reason for disenchanting them is because you don't play them at the moment. Recreating cards you destroyed is always a waste of dust.
    I don't think we're talking about disenchanting cards in Standard, that would be silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    I don't think we're talking about disenchanting cards in Standard, that would be silly.
    I know! Just mentioned Pyro as example of cards I incorrectly deemed unused. For the OP wild might now not be something to play, but who knows how he thinks about it in X weeks. Realizing some Legendaries turned to dust would then be harsh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutricul View Post
    I know! Just mentioned Pyro as example of cards I incorrectly deemed unused. For the OP wild might now not be something to play, but who knows how he thinks about it in X weeks. Realizing some Legendaries turned to dust would then be harsh.
    General interest in Wild is never going to increase unless Blizzard do something extremely drastic like release packs at half price or halve the enchant cost. But even then is anyone who's already disenchanted really going to get back into Wild after they've been screwed over? I doubt it. It is therefore my opinion that interest in Wild will never grow back from what it has shrunk to now. Wild can never grow it can only shrink more!

Did the Wild Heroic Brawl revive interest one iota? Nope. Is the tournament next month giving Wild a boost? Maybe for a small selection of pros but that's basically it.