Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    How do you pay more for something? Like say you have comcast who makes movies... say "we shall now throttle all netflix doesn't matter how much you pay" how do you get "around" that? Especially if comcast is the ONLY isp in an area? Stop being foolish.
    People have no idea the power this will give ISPs. Everyone thinks this will end at content throttling. It wont. One day you will have to pay to use more than they deem viable. Want to watch netflix at full speed? Subscribe to Comcast video for and extra 15 dollars a month or fuck off and watch Netflix @ 8 by 6. . . . . . . Do you like www.MMOC.com? Too bad, were going to need an extra 5 dollars a month before we allow that domain access on our network.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    A buisiness acting good requires an owner / CEO with integrity, empathy and passion. There...aren't a lot of those just due to how getting ahead to those positions work. SO rleying on companies to do the right thing / in the interests of their customers is foolish. Especially if they have a default monopoly in an area
    The obligation of a public company is to its shareholders. I have no idea why people think they give a fuck about consumers... they just care about money and return.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    all the more fuel to bite theses guys in the ass come 2018.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    So, no more cord cutting, might as well just order your cable / internet package now and maybe lock in better rates. Sling TV, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc are all going to be slowed to a halt.

But it will all be worth it...after all, those luxury yachts aren't going to buy themselves!

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Awesome news. As the article you linked points out, there was no need for government regulation and Title II is pretty heavy handed.

Glad Republicans are reversing a decision dictated to the FCC by Obama
    Holy shit I can see this seriously ending with you guys cheering at Dolan Trumpf while he's killing all the Turkeys Obama pardoned, just because Obama did it.

Internet companies will do whatever they want even with net neutrality. I'd say the best thing to do is slam down the largest isps and make them split up. That or vote a law that makes all isps upgrade their internet speed both upload and download to 50/50 mbps with fiber. Plus this law didnt stop isps from raising the prices on their goods so it means little.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Isn't /pol/ currently like 0 for 3 doxxing people they hope are the guy who punched Richard Spencer?
    You'd be surprised what 4channers can do with stock video and a bootleg copy of 3D studio max.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    People have no idea the power this will give ISPs. Everyone thinks this will end at content throttling. It wont. One day you will have to pay to use more than they deem viable. Want to watch netflix at full speed? Subscribe to Comcast video for and extra 15 dollars a month or fuck off and watch Netflix @ 8 by 6. . . . . . . Do you like www.MMOC.com? Too bad, were going to need an extra 5 dollars a month before we allow that domain access on our network.
    I'll keep watching while all of none of this happens and we carry on our lives like the rest of the world where these regulations aren't in place. I can also look back to 2014 America where this also wasn't happening without these regulations. Even if it did, it would encourage companies like Google to continue to expand fiber networks as an alternative. Our internet infrastructure is stagnating compared to countries like India and Korea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    This is what the troglodytes get for voting against their own best interests for Orange Carnival Barker and his circus party of regressives, greed-meisters and politico-religious lunatics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    I'll keep watching while all of none of this happens and we carry on our lives like the rest of the world where these regulations aren't in place. I can also look back to 2014 America where this also wasn't happening without these regulations. Even if it did, it would encourage companies like Google to continue to expand fiber networks as an alternative. Our internet infrastructure is stagnating compared to countries like India and Korea.
    what do you mean "while all of none of this happens"?, Netflix was being throttled and forced to pay extra. It already happened /rollseyes. . . . . . how do you think NN came to be in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    what do you mean "while all of none of this happens"?, Netflix was being throttled and forced to pay extra. It already happened /rollseyes. . . . . . how do you think NN came to be in the first place?
    Netflix, Riot Games, and Blizzard were all targeted by the extortion measures. Blizzard just got off the easiest while they were fucking brutal to League of Legends and Netflix streaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Awesome news. As the article you linked points out, there was no need for government regulation and Title II is pretty heavy handed.

Glad Republicans are reversing a decision dictated to the FCC by Obama
    Glad to know brainwashed people who hate things that are PROTECTING THEM are allowed to use the Internet. You should be banned from using it entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    title 2 was so heavy handed that it caused no changes to any ISP and they all were able to still make money with no ill effect... at least according to Verizon's call.
    Oh yeah because they're definitely no bias there.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    This is what the troglodytes get for voting against their own best interests for Orange Carnival Barker and his circus party of regressives, greed-meisters and politico-religious lunatics.
    Gotta love the brainwashed morons who are making life worse for everyone, themselves included.

I'll keep watching while all of none of this happens and we carry on our lives like the rest of the world where these regulations aren't in place. I can also look back to 2014 America where this also wasn't happening without these regulations.
    Oh yes because ISPs sure hate making free money and providing worse service simultaneously.

Even if it did, it would encourage companies like Google to continue to expand fiber networks as an alternative. Our internet infrastructure is stagnating compared to countries like India and Korea.

No fucking shit we're degrading compared to Eastern countries that have Gigabit internet through everywhere. This news won't really affect anyone living in a large urban area where fiber is already available.

The millions of us NOT in the cities though are completely boned.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-05-18 at 07:40 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

It did happen to popular services and there's even a legal battle ongoing over it. Riot and Netflix are suing their pants off. The reason NN was pushed so hard was because those incidents opened the floodgates and a lot more ISPs were prepared to implement similar measures, even drawing up the paperwork and plans for them. They just got cut off by the FCC head at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny that people rioted over "muslim ban" but this only draw few comments.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    It's funny that people rioted over "muslim ban" but this only draw few comments.
    people won't think this really effects them until it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    It did happen to popular services and there's even a legal battle ongoing over it. Riot and Netflix are suing their pants off. The reason NN was pushed so hard was because those incidents opened the floodgates and a lot more ISPs were prepared to implement similar measures, even drawing up the paperwork and plans for them. They just got cut off by the FCC head at the time.
    I'm aware of that, I was more talking about the subscriptions he was referring to, which is not apparent by my use of the word "all". I don't see a problem with Netflix paying more for it's usage since it is disproportionately huge. What's coming with the current setup are data caps like several other countries have to suffer with, directly charging the user instead of indirectly. Netflix was paying more for streaming, while having to keep their subscription reasonably affordable. I'd much much rather have that than a data cap. Of course, reversing net neutrality still doesn't address that, but I don't see it as the end of the internet - I see it as incentive for companies to improve infrastructure and offer alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Glad to know brainwashed people who hate things that are PROTECTING THEM are allowed to use the Internet. You should be banned from using it entirely.

Oh yeah because they're definitely no bias there.

Gotta love the brainwashed morons who are making life worse for everyone, themselves included.

Oh yes because ISPs sure hate making free money and providing worse service simultaneously.

No fucking shit we're degrading compared to Eastern countries that have Gigabit internet through everywhere. This news won't really affect anyone living in a large urban area where fiber is already available.

The millions of us NOT in the cities though are completely boned.
    Why would there be bias? Verizon was against title 2... it's more regulations for them... the main thing is that it doesn't affect the bottom line in any way nor does it affect growth. ISPS are bias AGAINST title 2 so I'm unsure what you're trying to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm aware of that, I was more talking about the subscriptions he was referring to, which is not apparent by my use of the word "all". I don't see a problem with Netflix paying more for it's usage since it is disproportionately huge. What's coming with the current setup are data caps like several other countries have to suffer with, directly charging the user instead of indirectly. Netflix was paying more for streaming, while having to keep their subscription reasonably affordable. I'd much much rather have that than a data cap. Of course, reversing net neutrality still doesn't address that, but I don't see it as the end of the internet - I see it as incentive for companies to improve infrastructure and offer alternatives.
    The infrastructure improvements would need to be on the ISP end, and why would they bother when they can just charge companies more? They'll only improve if there is no other way to avoid it.

Also, you know the cost will be passed on to the consumers, right? No company simply eats extra costs. "Well, we'll go someplace else!" like, Hulu? Pretty sure they'll do the same. This is also not taking into account ISP's could do their own services and not charge for it, thereby using their own power to bully out 3rd parties and making you choose what they want.

So people don't want Government controlled Internet? Shocking

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Why are you the way you are? Please tell me how Title II was heavy handed or what awesome innovation was being stifled by Title II other than ISPs developing new and interesting ways to bone America in the ass?
    There is none, considering you have the CEO of Verizon on a shareholder earnings call telling his shareholders that Title II doesn't change anything for them and won't affect the way they do business or the way they invest in their infrastructure.

Why are people like this? MUH TEAM BRO!
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God