Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Gremlin View Post
    You couldn't have made a better story even if you used your whole life to do so. I think you're factually the last person that should bash someone's writing
    You mind your business and let those of us that enjoy lore, do so. Nobody cares for your negativity.
    "You can't do better so you're not allowed to point out that it's shit."
    Sorry but OP asked for opinions. No need to get upset just because you're a Blizzard fanboy. Get over it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I think you just can't understand Blizzard's writing.

That's because WoW's writing is pristine and you're just using "bad writing" as a buzzword for "I don't like it". Probably because you can't comprehend WoW's lore's glory.
    What exactly does "pristine" mean in this context?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    What exactly does "pristine" mean in this context?
    Pristine:
    - Remaining in a pure state, without human alteration
    - Remaining free from dirt or decay; clean
    - Of, relating to, or typical of the earliest time or condition; primitive or original.

The retcons Warcraft has suffered basically debunk all the interpretations.

So frankly he used it as a fancy word that had no business being utilized in that sentence.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    It takes more than decent to pull the warcraft lore out of this cesspool.
    I do not believe that is nearly that bad.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    I do not believe that is nearly that bad.
    What she said, it's flawed like many things but people here blow it out of proportion.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Pristine:
    - Remaining in a pure state, without human alteration
    - Remaining free from dirt or decay; clean
    - Of, relating to, or typical of the earliest time or condition; primitive or original.

The retcons Warcraft has suffered basically debunk all the interpretations.

So frankly he used it as a fancy word that had no business being utilized in that sentence.
    I believe he was using "pristine," and claiming that the lore's glory is beyond comprehension, as sarcasm. Never an easy thing to translate in a textual medium, but in context it makes sense.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I believe he was using "pristine," and claiming that the lore's glory is beyond comprehension, as sarcasm. Never an easy thing to translate in a textual medium, but in context it makes sense.
    I like sarcasm, just a bit difficult to interpret when all you have is static text.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Looking at his other posts this seems quite likely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    What she said, it's flawed like many things but people here blow it out of proportion.
    The RTS series was fine, good even.

It's when they decided that gameplay>>>lore that things made you either scratch your head in confusion or facepalm in disbelieve.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    *High fives and folds arms*
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

I am so glad about this, so many character left in the oblivion would come back with less arcade motivation like Wrathion, Bane, Jaina with some consistency and that shitty wizard of khadgar is killed by some fat imp mother or trample by the foot of Odyn

The RTS series was fine, good even.

It's when they decided that gameplay>>>lore that things made you either scratch your head in confusion or facepalm in disbelieve.
    It has been like that since the dawn of Blizzard though. RTS is just an easier medium for telling stories for many reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get that human x dragon crap out of here and I wouldn't mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Deleted
    That has always been the case. The RTS games had a plenty of lore dictated by gameplay, units left out or changed from previous games, spells having their lore altered, etc. Futhermore, there had been a large number of retcons between each of the games. Warcraft II retconned a lot of stuff known from Warcraft I, for example for example making the necrolytes inventions of Gul’dan, not a longtime component of Orcish society and culture. And Warcraft III retconned a lot of things from Warcraft II. Lothar’s death, most things pertaining to Orcish culture and history, Ner’zhul being contacted by Kil’jaeden earlier than Gul’dan (funnily enough, Chronicle somewhat reconciled this old conflict, Gul’dan being contacted first as in Warcraft II, yet Ner’zhul and the official history believing he was contacted first as in Warcraft III), and quite importantly, geography.

The RTS games were not that much better when speaking of retcons and gameplay being more important than lore, it is just that people were far more forgiving, as they were still in their honeymoon period with Warcraft back then.