Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    it's garbage because of the stats on the ring, otherwise the 100 talent gives more dps than any other legendary, stop being a jerk, they will balance the stats, 900 total stats between crit hast and mastery, is far away from the 3000 stats on sacrolash for exemple.

Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    And while you are still circlejerking over a '100 talent' it is currently garbage.
    So if you take a look at that sim its 24k below norgannons which has no value on the sim since its patchwerk outside of just raw stats. What that tells me is that they most likely don't even have the talent working in the sim and you're looking at a sim with no special.

They had the same issue for like 6 months after launch with 3 of the destro legendaries where they didn't work in the sims but they kept posting them anyway.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2017-05-17 at 11:05 PM.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    Your LFR parses must be incredible!
    Made me choke on my drink XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    So if you take a look at that sim its 24k below norgannons which has no value on the sim since its patchwerk outside of just raw stats. What that tells me is that they most likely don't even have the talent working in the sim and you're looking at a sim with no special.

They had the same issue for like 6 months after launch with 3 of the destro legendaries where they didn't work in the sims but they kept posting them anyway.
    I think it's Gahddo spreading this shit without double checking this, he literally rode in on his white horse into Discord declaring how the ring is dogshit linking these sims and everyone immediately started sucking his D without thinking twice, when if you think about it for a moment it's simply making no sense whatsoever for it to be THAT bad, especially at Erad at 15%/7secs.

Ring loses quite a lot of stats, but dam son, Eradication is certainly worth more than bloody 3k stats you lose.

Maybe it ain't gonna be BiS, but what sims show? Lol fuck no.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2017-05-18 at 02:50 PM.

Deleted
    I dont quite get it, they sim ring that will be implemented next patch or even later with live setup? Or they really think that 820k is even close to what you would be doing on PTR/7.2.5 with current build?

@Gaidax Yeah I haven't even begun to bother looking at sims yet because they're never accurate this early.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    @Gaidax Yeah I haven't even begun to bother looking at sims yet because they're never accurate this early.
    Why did he even bother with this? What's the point of running Simc this early? It's worse than meaningless info; it spreads info that is likely to be outdated by the next ptr build or two and certainly outdated by the time it goes live. Meanwhile we have to put up with this predictable "new leggy ring sucks ass" meme. Then a certain someone will bitch about the meme if/when an updated Simc shows a decent improvement. I love the work he does; but this was poorly thought out. It wouldn't really be such a huge issue if this was just kept private and he made some comment about it not being great if left as is; but it's a pin in the lock discord. I typically just ignore such early sims as well; but this info has already spread so fast, it's pretty annoying.

You can doublecheck it yourself. Latest SimC has the ring already properly modeled, i.e., you get the talent and get the respective few % dmg increase from it. But as already mentioned the bad stats bring the ring in line (or below) the other legendaries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liarparadox View Post
    Why did he even bother with this? What's the point of running Simc this early? It's worse than meaningless info; it spreads info that is likely to be outdated by the next ptr build or two and certainly outdated by the time it goes live. Meanwhile we have to put up with this predictable "new leggy ring sucks ass" meme. Then a certain someone will bitch about the meme if/when an updated Simc shows a decent improvement. I love the work he does; but this was poorly thought out. It wouldn't really be such a huge issue if this was just kept private and he made some comment about it not being great if left as is; but it's a pin in the lock discord. I typically just ignore such early sims as well; but this info has already spread so fast, it's pretty annoying.
    I have no idea why he did that and why he did not even for a bloody second gave a thought to whether things are off.

And yes, all the tardies in discord picked this up as if it's some gospel truth, I even had convo with some there and they were so convinced it's the real undeniable truth that I was literally shocked. People are real sheep incapable of thinking for a moment and spread that BS sim as some second coming of Jesus.

Fuck, we don't even know what template or talents were used to get that crap and people simply ignored it and jumped on it, never asking. Nobody even bat an eyelash at ring snowing same output as no effect legendaries as if Eradication is somehow equal to ~2k stats. Everyone with a lick of sense understands it to be worth more than that.

IMO, Destruction Discord channel is pure shitshow really, there is no even one proper Destruction main managing it and it shows with all the meme and shit like Silver and his RB obsession declaring standard Soul Conduit build as "meme" build because it did not stick to his RB fantasy (and what's worse the term stuck because of sheeples parroting it around) or Gahddo tossing bullshit bomb unchecked and having it spread like a wildfire copy paste style without ever being questioned.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2017-05-19 at 09:45 AM.

@Gaidax, sorry to say, but the ring *is* that bad. Download the latest simc / check the code. It is modeled properly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berthold View Post
    @Gaidax, sorry to say, but the ring *is* that bad. Download the latest simc / check the code. It is modeled properly.
    Well, then give feedback on it.

Just don't expect it to be the be-all-end-all absolute BIS item when it comes out. It won't, otherwise the usual shitstorm over "so RNG" "unfair" "I stand around in Dalaran for hours a day and still don't have the ring"...

We are still 4-6 weeks away from tomb and I personally think those stats are placeholders.
    I don't think it will go live this way, it would be a "trap" for casuals or not well informed players.

Let's be real, it won't be 20-30k dps worse than a utility legendary, that's bullsh*t and you know it, don't be such sheeps.

We are still 4-6 weeks away from tomb and I personally think those stats are placeholders.
    I don't think it will go live this way, it would be a "trap" for casuals or not well informed players.

Let's be real, it won't be 20-30k dps worse than a utility legendary, that's bullsh*t and you know it, don't be such sheeps.
    For all we know it might not even count towards the equip limit either. And as it looks like a class hall reward, it should be a guaranteed reward. I'm sure they wouldn't give us a guaranteed legendary only to replace ones we've been using since whatever time. At least I hope so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    For all we know it might not even count towards the equip limit either. And as it looks like a class hall reward, it should be a guaranteed reward. I'm sure they wouldn't give us a guaranteed legendary only to replace ones we've been using since whatever time. At least I hope so.
    If it was a class hall reward, don't you think you would already see the quest chain for it on the PTR? Personally, I don't think it will be either guaranteed or that it will not count towards the 2-limit. I hope that they never increase the limit to 3. Ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    It was still better and more complex than it's currently and how it was in WoD.
    Complex ???

1. SB:SS when WA shows procs
    2. SS if multi
    3. Haunt - Drain

Sooooo hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berthold View Post
    The ring is meh, but fuck mate it's not worse than no effect legendaries, as you can see from the bloody nightly Simcraft if you bothered to try.

kk?

- - - Updated - - -

This basically, it's shocking people can't grasp that.

It's almost comical - people not even considering that sim that shows ring just barely better than baseline and worse than no effect legendaries MAY not be correct. Seems it's outside their capacity, all they can do just copy paste link and stare at it giggling apparently.

They are also very good at ridiculing those that point out there is an issue there.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2017-05-19 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    Even when it is a class hall reward, it should and will not be that bad.
    It would still be a "trap" legendary for new/casual/uninformed players.

And btw all the balancing Blizzard did in the last few months, to bring the legendarys closer together, would be wasted in some regards.

Also we are coming close to the point where we need a legendary catch up for new players and alts, so getting one legendary at the end of the class hall quest and one in the first few hours after hiting 110 is good decision.

Edit: And it will surely count towards your max equiped legendarys, otherwise it would "confuse" the playerbase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    If it was a class hall reward, don't you think you would already see the quest chain for it on the PTR? Personally, I don't think it will be either guaranteed or that it will not count towards the 2-limit. I hope that they never increase the limit to 3. Ever.
    Not if these are placeholder items that are intended ot be buried by a long quest chain that only starts in 7.2.5, kidn of like the class mount chain which is gated by the Broken Shore campaign

Lots of stuff doesn;t even make it - remember how they dumped multi-talent artifact relics?

These ew legendaries have only appeared in the last couple of weeks. I doubt they will even be in 7.2.5, because time is getting ever tighter to test them in raids and so on.

I don't think it will go live this way
    This is my problem with the sim being pinned for everyone and everyone simply claiming "it's garbage". This thing comes out on PTR notes with some stats, some talents, ran on sims under some conditions. And we still have a significant amount of tuning left. It's not even clear the ring will stick with these talents or these to the stats. Nevermind all the other numbers tuning they will inevitably do.

People seem to think you can just sim this ring in a vacuum on day one and get reliable info. I mean, sure if we were a week away from live and there was little tuning left we could have more solid numbers. But the conditions of these sims seem to me at best a shot in the dark. Maybe it will suck ass when live hits. Maybe it's going to be a freebie for new 110s and it's really horrible because it's meant to be replaced by drop legendaries. Maybe it'll be worse than the sim shows because it's a freebie. Or maybe it's going to be a legendary that functions in pvp, hence the talents (Death's embrace would make sense). I have no clue. I have no clue. And i wish more people would take this approach: Without more solid numbers and closer to live, I (we) have no clue.
    Last edited by Liarparadox; 2017-05-19 at 08:02 PM.

is destro really not in a good place? i heard it was getting a mop revamp and I had been maining aff/demo for the beginning that I thought it would be fun to go destro/demo for tos..