Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Sweden drops rape investigation against Assange.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39973864

So Assange gets to move out of the Ecuadoran embassy.

I find him a wierd cunt. His goal is to bring about the demise our current institutions because they are massively corrupt, and do so by exposing them for what they really are. He doesn't care where the information comes from as long as he can expose it, so that these agencies destroy themselves.

I think he leaves himself open to be a pawn, but Wikileaks does expose corruption and scumbaggery by the elite.

Anyway, I'd head straight to the pub after telling the Police man who had to guard the embassy for 5 years that his time was clearly well spent and he did a great job. Then do a press release about how much money the UK wasted keeping him in the flat.
    Last edited by mmoc6b1f2f8dff; 2017-05-19 at 09:41 AM.

Oh well he is an Australian & Ecuadorian citizen

I wonder which country he will go to.

And I wonder if the USA will chase his extradition.?

I believe the UK still want him for Bail hopping though.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...investigation/

Tweet says it Alll

https://twitter.com/JulianAssange

Last edited by Blobfish; 2017-05-19 at 11:11 AM.

Ah, okay, it's the kind of Sweden thread in which people will complain about Sweden laws being to SJW about rape and considering ''everything as a rape, including normal seduction techniques like boozing the girl and it's so unfair''

As opposed as the other kind of Sweden thread, in which there are several bazillions rapes in Sweden each day.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    There is a certain comedy here, if he had just gone to Sweden he would either have been found innocent and released or found guilty and spent a couple of years in prison, either way he would then have been free to return to Australia, stay in Sweden or whatever. But now because of his hair brained plan to evade justice he's spent five years under voluntary house arrest, could go to jail for up to a year for jumping bail if he leaves the embassy, and to make it worse there is now an actual possibility of extradition to the USA which was impossible before. Idiot, idiot, idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    There is a certain comedy here, if he had just gone to Sweden he would either have been found innocent and released or found guilty and spent a couple of years in prison, either way he would then have been free to return to Australia, stay in Sweden or whatever. But now because of his hair brained plan to evade justice he's spent five years under voluntary house arrest, could go to jail for up to a year for jumping bail if he leaves the embassy, and to make it worse there is now an actual possibility of extradition to the USA which was impossible before. Idiot, idiot, idiot.
    I would add that looking like a martyr (while being in perfect safety) was always a very profitable business.

Well it looks like he now wants to become French re the recent update.

Julian Assange 'to seek asylum in France' after rape investigation dropped by Swedish prosecutors

Deleted
    Je had consensusal sex, woman got mad when she found out what wikileaks did n tried to accuse him of rape out of spite n she supports big brother society.

Look at assange, if h involved in rape, he would be the one raped, even if the other person is a woman.

Ah, yes, the always tasteful argument ''it's not rape if I find the victim ugly''.

Deleted
    First i thought "Hey, a sweden thread".

And then it is about rape.

But then there was "Assange" and i knew it would not become such kind of thread.

I believe Mr. Assange is working for Putin without knowing he is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39973864

So Assange gets to move out of the Ecuadoran embassy.

I find him a wierd cunt. His goal is to bring about the demise our current institutions because they are massively corrupt, and do so by exposing them for what they really are. He doesn't care where the information comes from as long as he can expose it, so that these agencies destroy themselves.

I think he leaves himself open to be a pawn, but Wikileaks does expose corruption and scumbaggery by the elite.

Anyway, I'd head straight to the pub after telling the Police man who had to guard the embassy for 5 years that his time was clearly well spent and he did a great job. Then do a press release about how much money the UK wasted keeping him in the flat.
    The problem is that and the more you look into wikileaks the information released is controlled as to what is allowed to be released, so while he speaks and pretends to be a true libertarian he does not act accordingly. People who previously worked with him also will testify to that, him becoming more popular than wikileaks itself is also a problem and another reason why his credibility is attacked for good reason.

He's not after the demise of our institutes but he believes all information should be out there are easily available, if anything the last years regarding fake news has told us the opposite is true and that we do need information presented to us in the right context, where unimportant things aren't high lighted or put forward to morph a story into often something completely incorrect.

I can understand why Sweden dropped the case since he'll most likely never ever set foot on soil where he could be arrested and when he does, the rape charge, fake or true i'll leave in the middle as i don't know the facts only the speculation around it all, the rape charge will be the least of his worries when arrested.

Essentially a victory for frustrating justice.

So Chelsea Manning posted a pic of herself free today. Is he going to keep his promise to turn himself in? ... get it?

P.S.

The plaintiff in the rape case was "shocked" by the decision, her lawyer said, and maintained her accusations against Mr Assange, Agence France-Presse reported.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39973864

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Oh well he is an Australian & Ecuadorian citizen

I wonder which country he will go to.
    Heheheheh, you needn't wonder.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Well it looks like he now wants to become French re the recent update.

Julian Assange 'to seek asylum in France' after rape investigation dropped by Swedish prosecutors

Oh I'm sure Macron would love to have him... did nobody tell him Le Pen got squashed? Maybe he thinks it's fake news. Kekekeke...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Astoundingly amazing news!

This is really great. He has been held in the Ecuadorian embassy for years even though he did not commit that offense. It's about freaking time Sweden realized they made a mistake. I hope France will accept his demand -- Macron seems like the type of person to see the value in that.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post

This is really great. He has been held in the Ecuadorian embassy for years even though he did not commit that offense. It's about freaking time Sweden realized they made a mistake. I hope France will accept his demand -- Macron seems like the type of person to see the value in that.
    Are you joking? They only dropped the case because they couldn't serve a warrant on him, not because he was innocent.

At a press briefing on Friday, Ms Ny said that by remaining in the embassy in London Mr Assange had evaded the exercise of the European Arrest Warrant (EAW) that would have seen him extradited to Sweden.
    She said that under Swedish law a criminal investigation needed to be conducted "as quickly as possible".
    Sweden did not expect Ecuador's co-operation in formally notifying Mr Assange of the allegations against him, a necessary step in proceeding with the case, she added.
    Marianne Ny said the case could resume if Mr Assange visited Sweden before August 2020.
    But she said: "If he were to return to Sweden before the statute of limitation on this case expires in August 2020, the preliminary investigation could be resumed."
    She said it was "regrettable we have not been able to carry out the investigation", and added: "We are not making any pronouncement about guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    First i thought "Hey, a sweden thread".

And then it is about rape.

But then there was "Assange" and i knew it would not become such kind of thread.

I believe Mr. Assange is working for Putin without knowing he is.
    Why does it matter tho who he works for/who benefits as long as what he brings out is true?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destump View Post
    Why does it matter tho who he works for/who benefits as long as what he brings out is true?
    Because you can slant true facts to imply whatever you want. Motivation is as relevant as anything.

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Because you can slant true facts to imply whatever you want. Motivation is as relevant as anything.
    true, fair enough.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destump View Post
    true, fair enough.
    A perfect example of this: https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/864994472492453888

It conveniently leaves out that he was instructed to do so at the behest of the state department and there is nothing to see here. But because they leave out pertinent info the true facts imply something entirely different.

I mean how many people will actually click the link and read the entire story?

The only reason Sweden held the case against him so long was because of pressure from the previous US administration. Big win for Assange.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post

"Held" is a really strange way to spell "hiding".
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.