Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuelE View Post
    I am glad they nerf Frost mages.

I have seen so many trash players getting good dps with Frost that it was very bothersome.

With have some extremely strong speccs in this game who require actual skill like Frost DK, Assasination Rogue, Demonology Warlock, Survival Hunter and then some random frost mages come along with certain legendaries and abuse the game and think they are good.

I am very glad this is gone
    Frost mages at least need to track haste procs to monitor when to double IL, and they need to have proper positioning to pull it off. Honestly these factors alone make them more complicated to play correctly than half the dps classes. Trash frost players DO NOT pull very good dps, unless they are playing with equally shitty players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
    Frost mages at least need to track haste procs to monitor when to double IL, and they need to have proper positioning to pull it off. Honestly these factors alone make them more complicated to play correctly than half the dps classes. Trash frost players DO NOT pull very good dps, unless they are playing with equally shitty players.
    I am just glad they are going to be nerfed. It just feels wrong to have Frost mage be good at dps. They have so much of everything, are great in PvP. It is very unfair to the entire WoW playerbase to have Frost mage be the super strongest at Pve too.

Deleted
    I am glad they nerf Frost mages.

I have seen so many trash players getting good dps with Frost that it was very bothersome.

With have some extremely strong speccs in this game who require actual skill like Frost DK, Assasination Rogue, Demonology Warlock, Survival Hunter and then some random frost mages come along with certain legendaries and abuse the game and think they are good.

I am very glad this is gone
    All the specs you mentioned require 0 skills, the only spec that requires something is a frost dk, and that's a competent tank.

SV hunters are faceroll, demo locks are faceroll, ass rogues no comment, they are a braindead spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    All the specs you mentioned require 0 skills, the only spec that requires something is a frost dk, and that's a competent tank.

SV hunters are faceroll, demo locks are faceroll, ass rogues no comment, they are a braindead spec.
    I disagree with you my friend but I acknowledge that you do have an opinion of your own.

I am thankful though that my opinion does in deed align with Blizzard, the people who design this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    No, frost was NOT too strong it was just in a good place versus the others. Melee still dominate the meters. Fire and Arcane need to be buffed up to Frosts standards. "too strong" the meters say otherwise.
    Not entirely sure what meters you are looking at in regards to melee "dominating" but the ones I'm looking at from Warcraft Logs (would post links but not able to yet) show:

Top 5 for percentile:
    75th: 3 ranged 2 melee
    80th: 3 ranged 2 melee
    90th: 3 ranged 2 melee
    95th: 3 ranged 2 melee
    99th: 4 ranged 1 melee
    Max: 3 ranged 2 melee

That's 63% ranged to 36% melee overall. From my thought process in determining whose dominating meters, it appears to be ranged. Your thought process may differ though.

In my opinion, I do not like the frost mage nerfs but they are a necessary evil for Blizzard. Blizzard overlooked a major design flaw with the Winter's Chill debuff. They failed to see the possibility of fitting two ice lances into the debuff combined with the TV build to extend IV and instead of rewarding players for doing their research in their class and customizing the game play away from the intended game play, they nerf to get the game play they intended and desired. Also, more of a general point than specific to this case, Blizzard must keep class balance to cater to their sub numbers and keep people happy. Under performing dps in favorite class = unhappy person. Unhappy person = potential unsub. This is usually done by bringing the above average performers down to the average, instead of vice versa, which makes sense. Bringing everyone up creates dps inflation and the damage output would make content eventually trivial.

Lol? Frost is literally a pray for proc spec and as long as you do them in a decent order your dps is fine. Frost dks spam frost strike to keep an ability they popped one time up and do dumb damage. And as a tank main I can assure all of the specs actually have 2 buttons. The only class reasonably difficult to play is feral.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Bobandy View Post
    Snip
    I would agree with you but in cases where melee can stay on the boss instead of doing the actual mechanics i.e. Krosus/Augar add they pull better numbers than any ranged. Also Warcraft logs is going to take into account prenerf affl.

Frost will be boring as fuck with glacial spike :<

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    No, frost was NOT too strong it was just in a good place versus the others. Melee still dominate the meters. Fire and Arcane need to be buffed up to Frosts standards. "too strong" the meters say otherwise.
    Not entirely sure what meters you are looking at in regards to melee "dominating" but the ones I'm looking at from Warcraft Logs (would post links but not able to yet) show:

Top 5 for percentile:
    75th: 3 ranged 2 melee
    80th: 3 ranged 2 melee
    90th: 3 ranged 2 melee
    95th: 3 ranged 2 melee
    99th: 4 ranged 1 melee
    Max: 3 ranged 2 melee

That's 63% ranged to 36% melee overall. From my thought process in determining whose dominating meters, it appears to be ranged. Your thought process may differ though.

In my opinion, I do not like the frost mage nerfs but they are a necessary evil for Blizzard. Blizzard overlooked a major design flaw with the Winter's Chill debuff. They failed to see the possibility of fitting two ice lances into the debuff combined with the TV build to extend IV and instead of rewarding players for doing their research in their class and customizing the game play away from the intended game play, they nerf to get the game play they intended and desired. Also, more of a general point than specific to this case, Blizzard must keep class balance to cater to their sub numbers and keep people happy. Under performing dps in favorite class = unhappy person. Unhappy person = potential unsub. This is usually done by bringing the above average performers down to the average, instead of vice versa, which makes sense. Bringing everyone up creates dps inflation and the damage output would make content eventually trivial, unless appropriate changes to content are made, but this would cause additional hotfixes on top.

The new legendary ring is going to have a big impact on keeping TV as a good talent and allowing it to last much longer then it looks like it will under the changes on their own.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I am just glad they are going to be nerfed. It just feels wrong to have Frost mage be good at dps. They have so much of everything, are great in PvP. It is very unfair to the entire WoW playerbase to have Frost mage be the super strongest at Pve too.
    PvE and PvP should never be mentioned in the same sentence when talking about balance.

Good old Frost DK tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    The new legendary ring is going to have a big impact on keeping TV as a good talent and allowing it to last much longer then it looks like it will under the changes on their own.
    If you want to try it just go on ptr and put frozen touch as talent
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    If you want to try it just go on ptr and put frozen touch as talent
    For the TV up time sure. That doesn't give you any idea on its true damage without the dmg buff from splitting ice.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by itchynose View Post
    PvE and PvP should never be mentioned in the same sentence when talking about balance.
    I do agree my friend

Deleted
    I disagree with you my friend but I acknowledge that you do have an opinion of your own.

I am thankful though that my opinion does in deed align with Blizzard, the people who design this game.
    every1 knows that the blizz dev team is full of idiots and could be done better by virtually any non-selfish player from the wow playerbase when it comes to balancing the specs and designing the encounters, agreeing with blizz doesnt make you right, it just makes you as wrong as blizz bcoz unlike blizz we actually play the game significantly more than them and when you then consider the blunders blizz have made in the past then you suddenly realize that blizz have no clue how to balance classes and not only that, they are also horribly slow to apply buffs and nerfs to a class asap when its needed, the fact that fire has been craptastic at best with bis legendaries all of nighthold clearly prooves this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    If you already don't have this as Frost, you are playing it wrong. Learn to Shimmer.
    that is a horribly narrowminded thing to say bcoz there can be literally plethora of reasons why you dont achieve it consistently even if you play perfectly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Frost will be boring as fuck with glacial spike :<
    well, im looking forward to those humongous GS shatter crits which you can do literally all the time due to how brainfreezed flurry is currently applied on the ptr, doing about as much or slightly more than TV builds in the same gear, so while it might be boring to some due to the playstyle, it will still make frost the superior spec which is good coz it means that i havent lvld up my frost artifact in vain like i did my fire artifact.

I mean if you dont have all 3 weapons at 52 before ToS you are just lazy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    or have better things to do than play all day to farm AP.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    or have better things to do than play all day to farm AP.
    You clearly dont understand how easy it is to get AP and how fast you get it when your at AK 40+. Also if you have better things to do than play a video game, why are you even here? You complain and insult blizzard employees then say you have better things to do than play WoW. Then leave.

Deleted
    You clearly dont understand how easy it is to get AP and how fast you get it when your at AK 40+. Also if you have better things to do than play a video game, why are you even here? You complain and insult blizzard employees then say you have better things to do than play WoW. Then leave.
    where in my post did it say that it was me i was writing about? i simply stated that not all have the time to do it especially not having 3 weapons at 52+ traits, nor should you need to bcoz if you have to, then its just another proof that blizz has failed class balancing, the whole reason they brought in the artifact system was for ppl to stick with 1 spec through out the game, atleast according to the devs themselves.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2017-05-20 at 11:35 PM.

Protip - You play the game too much and think that you don't actually play the game too much.

With the legendary system and the AP system, there is no reason I should have to switch. It's too random to rely on getting good legendaries, and a spec like arcane that I haven't touched all expansion shouldn't even be on blizzards radar because of the lego/ap systems.

The expansion was poorly made in that respect and that is an objective fact, if you disagree you are simply incorrect.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2017-05-21 at 01:12 AM.