Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Hey

I recently took a 6 month break from wow because I got hooked a bit on Overwatch, and I wanted to play a little d3, so I kinda let wow go for a bit.
    I've since returned to wow, in a more casual way, but I'd still like to do things in game with involves raids or higher tier mythic dungeons.

I understand the path of progression and I shouldn't expect to raid mythic guldan as soon as I rejoined the game.
    But when I find myself struggling to get into regular mythic groups, it discourages me into even try to ask for groups for mythic+ or raids.
    I see stuff like "900+ for mythic+ 6", which is very insane. I understand the speed element of mythic+, but come on, the same goes for normal nighthold btw, 900+?
    I remember a post from a blizzard employee about the wq rewards and it should give you ilvl enough do nighthold normal.

Is 882 ilvl with 38 artifact traits really not good enough for mythic +6, nighthold normal and regular mythics?
    Am I just another lower ilvl DPS in a unlimited pool of 900+ super experienced dpsers?

I understand that this is player set rules and people decide exactly what they want for their raids but don't you remove 95% of the playerbase by having such restrictions?
    If anyone has any tips on how to get into groups for this (I've tried starting my own but nobody joins or I never get tanks/healers).
    Your ilvl is enough to do that content, and there are groups out there for you, but not ALL of them.

People with 900+ ilvl, could do m+ with lower geared players, but why would they when they can easily get other 900+ilvl players in there group. It's the safer bet.

I personally, will only join normal/heroic EN+ToV groups each week, that only take 900ilvl+ players, because that guarantees an extremely last run, with 1minute boss fights. Rather than joining an 870~ ilvl grp, where boss fights can take up to 4minutes each.

Get your key, and sign up to carry groups, they'll boost it up, or make your own group (Do wqs while you wait, it can take a bit) or join a guild, get some friends. At 882 you can easily get into a normal NH, currently there are 6 groups who would take you looking for people, one called "chill N NH clear, 870ilvl" Just look for the ones that will take you, don't focus on the ones that won't.

I usually have a higher ilvl request for m+ simply because I want it to go quick (890-900). I usually end up dropping it down if it starts taking too long.

Even then it still doesn't work out sometimes because some people have high ilvl through sheer luck and don't know how to play.

Or sometimes you get the high ilvl guy that just complains and cries the whole time and doesn't realize he's making everything take longer. Those people are the worst. I had some guy screaming in CoS about 2 chesting(and the whole way through for random shit) because we couldn't find the spy quick enough. Like motherfucker you are also the reason that happened.

The best groups are the friendly/quiet groups that just want to get the job done.

To add, if ilvl is a problem, spam farming nethershards will fix your issue.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2017-05-19 at 08:31 PM.

why you feel you have the right to enter a group full of people with way more gear and experience doing the raid than you ? want to get carried ?

here a tip for you: search for a progression group.

you will find guilds that just started wipping 20+ times on a boss needing players.

and guess what ? they have the same ilvl you do.

join them and WORK for your drops.

dont try to enter a group only to get carried for free from people that already cleared nighthold 20+ times.

if you really want TO RAID. you can do it.

In order to do this you'd need to get titanforged on all pieces, get 2 legendaries, get 3 relics of different kinds, etc, thats a lot of things to go right and a lot of items in 5-6 days. I'm not saying I don't believe you but people claim a lot of things to bash someone who has a opinion about something
    Unless you didn't do any of the missions prior to 110 you can get your 3rd relic slot the day you ding or based on your class it might take another day or 2. Now many of the people doing some of these rapid item level jumps right away almost certainly have the benefit of jumping right to AK 30 which the OP doesnt have. While AP doesn't increase your item level it has a huge impact on your dmg output making things easier to do or groups more likely to keep you around at a low item lvl.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    and sadly very true. We were short for our mythic NH this Tuesday so we pugged in 2 ppl and just 19 manned the first 4. One of the pugs was a 905 DH that didn't break 400k on any fight and was sub 200 on 2.
    I just dont even understand how people can such low dps, especially with a demon hunter... the rotation is like 2 buttons. If someones playing a shadow priest or a balance druid, or shit even another sub rogue, i tend to cut a little slack since the rotations are a little more difficult, but thats pretty bad

- - - Updated - - -

And another thing on this thread, dont expect to get geared out in a week, ive done about 40 arcways and 40 upper karas for fel relics and in that time ive had 1 900 relic drop, so be prepared to grind.

Dont even get me started on Mythic guldan, havent even SEEN a fel relic drop, and fuck Tich too

play tank or heals, they take much lower ilvls than listed for those roles. When you have an almost endless supply of dps available - why take a lower ilvl.

IDK may be go ranged, I notice ranged is sought after more and maybe they will take an 890 hunter when looking for a 900 ilvl.

It's not like I didn't want to progress, I have no issues with doing normals etc, working my way up but when these pugs who are doing these runs want ilvl 900+ it's not easy. I have a tank I might just start with that, he's about 872 til my gear improves.

If I was the social type, I'd ask for your BattleTag and bring you along on our next run where we need to PUG. 882 is perfectly fine, even though some people want to ask for 900 in the group.

Best of luck to you with finding groups! They are out there.
    This concept of wuv confuses and infuriates us.

900 ilvl only takes a week or 2 to get. Make your own groups, it can take some time, but it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    What do you expect really? There is a shitton of ilvl 900+ DPS. Why take anything less than that when people literally throw themselves at your group.

Tip? Either make your own groups or roll a tank - tanks are in high demand and things like lower ilvl are easily overlooked there.

- - - Updated - - -

He is completely right, when you have a sea of damage dealers queuing, I see no reason to take anything like that. Charity?
    It's not what he said, it's how he said with no other explanation. He did it to act big headed or to massage his epenis.

But what about for the sake of being nice? if you read my entire reply I mention I run these groups each week and take mostly high levels, even EN normal I make 880 or 890+. I also take a few people who need the help. At the end of the day it costs the run 5 minutes extra if that.

And frankly, this is why I hate the wow community now. Each time someone reaches a new personal level, say 900, they completely change their attitude on who they should take in pugs run to reflect their own progress. Yet, if they were 880 the week before and got knocked back for it, the odds are they'd be bitching to someone about being overgeared for somewhere and not being taken

I was going to PM you, but it says you don't accept pm's. What days/nights can you raid? What class/spec do you play? How well are you doing on nighthold mechanics (as in, know the fights generally, or not yet)? I could get you into a guild raid (we clear heroic on Friday nights at 8 eastern-11 eastern pm) if you feel like joining us? It's a pretty laid back group of people, so it's low stress almost always. Let me know.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not like I didn't want to progress, I have no issues with doing normals etc, working my way up but when these pugs who are doing these runs want ilvl 900+ it's not easy. I have a tank I might just start with that, he's about 872 til my gear improves.
    I wouldn't think that's needed unless you really want to. 882 to 895 could happen in one night of a heroic clear with a touch of luck in drops and people giving you crap they aren't gonna use. You just need to run into a group of people you like.

- - - Updated - - -

In case this post gets lost on me, make sure to quote me if interested so I see your reply. Thanks!

either get a guild or make your own group.Iam 892 healer and I been into +10 mythic np.

yes OP this is the situation and its how it will always be

your only options (besides gearing to 895-900+ .. and even that wont guarantee spots in pubs as DPS):

1) join a guild
    2) make 4-5 friends who can run 5-mans with you daily
    3) if you are tank/healer - make your own groups .. most likely ppl will join, at least for the 5-mans
    4) if you are DPS making your own grp - most likely you are fucked .. you may not ever get a group going, or if you do it can take a long time to fill .. solution if you are a hybrid - play as your tank/healer spec .. solution if you are pure DPS clsss and other options arent viable - reroll

no one wants to run mythic+ with players who are 880 when they can easily fill their group with 900+ players.

We recently had some ppl come back and they have been away since the a couple of months after legion release, carried them through NH normal and heroic. If you dont want to join guild or have people carry you then you jsut have to run like older stuff and hope for WF/TF. Maybe have to buy some gear off AH to boost your ilvl, have trouble selling some 890 pieces and have to drop price so low

Hey

I recently took a 6 month break from wow because I got hooked a bit on Overwatch, and I wanted to play a little d3, so I kinda let wow go for a bit.
    I've since returned to wow, in a more casual way, but I'd still like to do things in game with involves raids or higher tier mythic dungeons.

I understand the path of progression and I shouldn't expect to raid mythic guldan as soon as I rejoined the game.
    But when I find myself struggling to get into regular mythic groups, it discourages me into even try to ask for groups for mythic+ or raids.
    I see stuff like "900+ for mythic+ 6", which is very insane. I understand the speed element of mythic+, but come on, the same goes for normal nighthold btw, 900+?
    I remember a post from a blizzard employee about the wq rewards and it should give you ilvl enough do nighthold normal.

Is 882 ilvl with 38 artifact traits really not good enough for mythic +6, nighthold normal and regular mythics?
    Am I just another lower ilvl DPS in a unlimited pool of 900+ super experienced dpsers?

I understand that this is player set rules and people decide exactly what they want for their raids but don't you remove 95% of the playerbase by having such restrictions?
    If anyone has any tips on how to get into groups for this (I've tried starting my own but nobody joins or I never get tanks/healers).
    heres the thing. it isn't that "insanely high" ilvl is required to do this content in the least. what people are asking for is that people joining their timed groups have nothing more than what can be expected of the average player right now. nobody, and I say again nobody has an excuse to go one day past 110 and have less than 875 ilvl, which is the current level of crafted gear. on top of that a couple of relics from broken shore shard quest turn ins and you have an artifact weapon that brings that ilvl up even more. any sane person will quickly realize that 900 ilvl is reall not all that wild of someone to ask you for.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

yes this is literally the reason, if you're not super high ilvl, and lots of dps apply, guess who they accept?

guy we don't know ilvl 901
    guy we don't know ilvl 882
    guy we don't know ilvl 895
    guy we don't know ilvl 899
    guy we don't know ilvl 873
    guy we don't know ilvl 893

Join a casual guild, creating groups like you mentioned takes a lot of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    either get a guild or make your own group.Iam 892 healer and I been into +10 mythic np.
    or the key part here is "i am healer"

Actually that's pretty spot on. Last tuesday I was one dungeon short for the dungeon weekly, so me and two friends created a group for violet hold mythic and (accidently from pugging mythic NH) set the minimum itemlevel to 910. There were half a dozen applicants within 30s.

Since ToS's coming soon you this time can partake in the equipment race, it's a (small) reset. But else I can just agree to what other wrote: Get a guild and friends you can play with, makes things that much easier.