Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    No, its just all the magic and shit in the world I'm sure there could be some way. But really I just don't really see him being satisfied being an emperor and missing out on meeting new and strange people.
    His journey was never about finding happiness for himself, but to save the world. That was the story of Samurai Jack. He has his whole life to figure out if being Emperor Jack will work out.

He came to terms with her dying because he realized that even though he's sad right now, he prevented the terrible world that caused her to be, so that if she does happen to come about, she'll have a chance at a happy life, everyone from aku's bad future will.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Yeah that ending felt really rushed. Should have had the battle take up an entire episode and dedicate the last episode to everything else with Aku and Ashi.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Yeah that ending felt really rushed. Should have had the battle take up an entire episode and dedicate the last episode to everything else with Aku and Ashi.
    I liked it. It really didn't feel rushed. I don't think the battle needed to take an entire episode. I felt it tied it up really well with Ashi as a way to show that Jack truly did undo the future that was Aku. I really don't think much else was needed. They said in the live Q&A that they had toyed with the idea of making a movie to finish the series, but never really did one that felt right. Just glad the story finally got an ending like it deserved.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Still the robot part was hilarious.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Worst episode of the entire series.

Completely rushed, a thousand things needed to happen in 20min so they just rushed everything without giving any love or detail to the scenes.
    Also it was completely generic and predictable, i was expecting something crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some1 already fixed the ending:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAorIEjwDRE
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Yeah, that would make the ending a 100x better.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RHnSAL0.jpg[IMG]

BINGO!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Personally....I think they should have gone multiverse route with the time travel here. If only because it would clean up any paradoxes.

If Ashi never existed, then she never made the time portal and Jack never got back to the past, and he would actually forget she even existed! That alone is a huge paradox. If they had simply gone the route other series have, like Dragonballs messed up timeline for example where Trunks Future is not the future of the timeline we know because when he traveled back in time it made a NEW timeline, then it would have been a much cleaner ending.

That and....JUST ONCE IN THIS SERIES LET JACK CATCH A BREAK, GENNEDY! JUST ONCE!
    Last edited by Keile; 2017-05-21 at 05:49 PM.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post

BINGO!
    HUZZAH!

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I'm betting I'll get the middle horizontal row.
    Now for round 2....(looks at signature)

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Personally....I think they should have gone multiverse route with the time travel here. If only because it would clean up any paradoxes.

If Ashi never existed, then she never made the time portal and Jack never got back to the past, and he would actually forget she even existed! That alone is a huge paradox. If they had simply gone the route other series have, like Dragonballs messed up timeline for example where Trunks Future is not the future of the timeline we know because when he traveled back in time it made a NEW timeline, then it would have been a much cleaner ending.

That and....JUST ONCE IN THIS SERIES LET JACK CATCH A BREAK, GENNEDY! JUST ONCE!
    As I have stated in my previous posts in this thread, I've always believed that Jack should never go back to the past to undo the future that is Aku. But if they did make Jack go back to the past, it should have been a multiverse kind of deal so that killing Aku in the past wouldn't cause a time paradox.

All in all, the ending that we got is very unsatisfying.

If I had to rate Season 5 as a whole, it'd be around 7/10 The first 4 episodes were great, from then on, it went down a bit in quality but still fairly good. Worst episode being 10, I'd say about 4 or 5 out of 10. I mean, seeing Jack interact with Ghost Scotsman was great, but the everything after that went down hill real fast.
    Last edited by RampageBW1; 2017-05-21 at 07:29 PM.

I'm glad he returned to the past, but at the same time it feels kind of hollow. The Scotsman and the other people Jack helped probably won't exist in a future without Aku (didn't even say goodbye to any of them, how rude).

Ah well. Greater good and all.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2017-05-21 at 08:02 PM.

The ending makes perfect sense... When the lady bug was on him and flies away that was when his memories of everything he did vanished and became happy because he forgot everything he went through. TIme travel stuff!
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Deleted
    The ending ruined my weekend tbh. Bittersweet ending, my ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    We got Gurren Laganned

*Looks at the ending*

*Looks at Aku dying*

Me: FUCK YES! WAHOO!!

*Looks at Ashi Dying*

Me: WHA--, WHY----, WHAT?! WHAT THE FUCK?! .....I feel like I'm not the only one getting blue-balled right now....

Deleted
    It was a weak season. Rushed linear and outright wierd. Such a good intro tho

10+ Year Old Account
    If Ashi never existed, then she couldn't send him into the past either.

I mean this is Back to the Future time-travel 101. If Marty's dad never bangs Marty's mom, Marty ceases to exist.

Relying on wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey could easily have explained everything, maybe Aku just escapes later, as an immortal being of evil he's not dead, just trapped again. But attempting to rectify the paradox of Ashi existing in the past by saying she never existed at all, would mean she would never have been able to send Jack back in time. Jack never would have found hope again. Heck, half the major points if not all of them in this season relied on Ashi's very existence.

Also, dear god I hate the Scotsman. Just WTF Tartakovsky, WTF.

I am glad that via Ashi's death, she didn't become the perfect Japanese housewife.

Really would have preferred if Jack found peace with the fact that he can't change the past, but he can make the future a better place.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Gotta say, I'm not super impressed. Basically everything went down how I expected as far as the actual plot goes (the Scotsman coming to Jack's rescue, Jack freeing Ashi from Aku's control, her using her new powers to send him back in time, and both Aku and Ashi dying) but the execution was... Not great. The pacing was all over the place in the episode. I think that joke about the Scotsman's daughters went on longer than the actual Jack vs. Aku fight did. And Jack spent like 10 minutes after he was freed just standing there. The whole time I was thinking "Why haven't you just grabbed the sword and ended this?" And like episode 8, this one really didn't feel like it fit with the darker tone of the reboot.

I am actually okay with Ashi's death -I think Jack getting a perfect ending would have been boring. But I didn't like the execution. She just randomly vanishes what was probably weeks after Aku's death, for no real reason except to fake the viewers out with the happily-ever-after ending. I think it would be better if she willingly sacrificed herself, like she knew when she sent Jack back that Aku's death would mean her own as well, but did it anyway.

Still think Jashi was a mistake. The only real purpose it served was to twist the knife a little further when Aku took control of her. Maybe if it had been better built up to I'd have been okay with it, but, I just never really felt that big of a connection between them. Like, obviously they liked and cared about each other, but marriage? How long has he even known her? Like a month at most?

Overall I think it was one of the weaker episodes of the season and not a terribly great note to end on. But at least we have an ending now, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    If Ashi never existed, then she couldn't send him into the past either.

I mean this is Back to the Future time-travel 101. If Marty's dad never bangs Marty's mom, Marty ceases to exist.

Relying on wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey could easily have explained everything, maybe Aku just escapes later, as an immortal being of evil he's not dead, just trapped again. But attempting to rectify the paradox of Ashi existing in the past by saying she never existed at all, would mean she would never have been able to send Jack back in time. Jack never would have found hope again. Heck, half the major points if not all of them in this season relied on Ashi's very existence.

Also, dear god I hate the Scotsman. Just WTF Tartakovsky, WTF.

I am glad that via Ashi's death, she didn't become the perfect Japanese housewife.

Really would have preferred if Jack found peace with the fact that he can't change the past, but he can make the future a better place.
    a part of me was hoping that would be the ending, for obvious reasons. I didn't hate the ending though, it's bittersweet just the way I like them.