Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post

but setting standards for immigrants is racist.
    Sweden = racist white cis male scum confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Sweden = racist white cis male scum confirmed.
    Saying if you don't learn x language you are being deported is xenophobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Okay... so as I said... if your country is homogenous it's fucking retarded to actually argue that there's less racism there like really...is that suppose to be a shock that countries of all the same people have less racism?
    Why is it retarded? I've witnessed less racism against foreigners there than here.

What is your home country.
    South Korea. The only people I have a problem with coming there are the ESL sexpats.

- - - Updated - - -

There's nothing wrong with requiring immigrants to adapt to the society they're going to live in.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-05-22 at 12:14 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is just fucking retarded

Just how well is the country in intergrating becvause America doesn't have issues with integration.
    Oh yeah, go look at Deerborn, Michigan as a prime example of your "melting pot". Half the city looks like some dump in the Middle East.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Why is it retarded? I've witnessed less racism against foreigners there than here.

South Korea.
    So who are you asking about racism are you asking filipinos, or black people in South Korea or just deeming there being less racism because.. you jsut think there is? Japan says it's not racist yet they're quite xenophobic and racist to koreans and filipinos and chinese people so....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Oh yeah, go look at Deerborn, Michigan as a prime example of your "melting pot". Half the city looks like some dump in the Middle East.
    Lol wait you're upset about a town with a lot of muslims? A safe town with no sharia law? Why exactly are you people so scared of acculturation?

The same can be said for most Western-Europe countries no?
    Here in Belgium it's the exact same thing. As the company I work for also often hires part-time or temporary, we get a whole bunch of African immigrant applicants. According to their papers been years in the country but only a basic knowledge of French, no Dutch no English and too often can barely read.

The ones that do qualify? They often demand to not have official contracts because they don't want to lose the fee they receive from welfare.

This isn't a racist intended post, it's just a truth that happens too often in my experience.
    And yeah sure, we should make more of an effort to help them integrate. You can't help people who don't want to be helped.

Lol. Are you intentionally obtuse or just born this way?

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Lol. Are you intentionally obtuse or just born this way?
    You are viewing the people are less than because they don't speak the language and you deem them worthy of being deported.

You are viewing the people are less than because they don't speak the language and you deem them worthy of being deported.
    If you can't speak one of the country's official languages in a timely manner, you can't find proper work, you can't communicate with the citizens of that country, and so you are worth less than someone who can. It's proven you're unwilling to assimilate to that country, and that you aren't worthy of the resources needed to provide for you, seeing as how you can't effectively work there to provide for yourself.

So who are you asking about racism are you asking filipinos, or black people in South Korea or just deeming there being less racism because.. you jsut think there is? Japan says it's not racist yet they're quite xenophobic and racist to koreans and filipinos and chinese people so....
    People I make friends with when I was studying in australia when they came to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    People I make friends with when I was studying in australia when they came to visit.
    Were they all white? How long were they there even? For instance tourists tend to report less racism than than those who actually try to live in the country and adapt.

Quote Originally Posted by Varjo410 View Post
    The ones that do qualify? They often demand to not have official contracts because they don't want to lose the fee they receive from welfare.
    You should rat them out for that.

The article mostly talks about how they struggle to learn the language in only two years and how the students want more hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Well yeah.. Mostly. Most of those types of communities take over large areas and basically treat it like an extension of their previous Country.

Happens in Australia a lot.
    Yeah, those fucking predominantly British immigrants, coming over here and not even bothering to learn the language.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

If you can't speak one of the country's official languages in a timely manner, you can't find proper work, you can't communicate with the citizens of that country, and so you are worth less than someone who can. It's proven you're unwilling to assimilate to that country, and that you aren't worthy of the resources needed to provide for you, seeing as how you can't effectively work there to provide for yourself.
    No one should assimilate... assimilate literally means to throw away your own culture and adopt another. Acculturation is what we should seek, muliple cultures distinct cultures living side by side keeping their original culture and some of the new culture.

Were they all white? How long were they there even? For instance tourists tend to report less racism than than those who actually try to live in the country and adapt.
    No, white, indian and vietnamese. They stayed some weeks.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-05-22 at 12:33 AM.

No one should assimilate... assimilate literally means to throw away your own culture and adopt another. Acculturation is what we should seek, muliple cultures distinct cultures living side by side keeping their original culture and some of the new culture.
    Because that's worked out so well for basically everyone that has ever done that. If you want to move to a country, you should follow their rules and customs, and speak their language.

Because that's worked out so well for basically everyone that has ever done that. If you want to move to a country, you should follow their rules and customs, and speak their language.
    Is moving to New York, opening a Russian restaurant, wearing Russian clothing, while speakin Russian and poor English an affront to you somehow? Rules what do rules have to do with learning a language there isn't some fucking rule for it saying you must be perfectly fluent. Also following other customs does that mean you can't have you own fucking customs too?

I thought western governments funded ESL courses for immigrants? It should be mandatory for immigration status to go through an orientation program that includes learning the primary language used in that country. One thing that sucks for immigrants when they come to the US is that they can't get any loans. Come here and want a car loan? You better have a cosigner.

Is moving to New York, opening a Russian restaurant, wearing Russian clothing, while speakin Russian and poor English an affront to you somehow? Rules what do rules have to do with learning a language there isn't some fucking rule for it saying you must be perfectly fluent. Also following other customs does that mean you can't have you own fucking customs too?
    Did I just trigger you like six times in a single post? That's gotta be some sort of high score. Why don't you move to a foreign country and decide not to learn the language or customs and see how that turns out. I'll wait here for your progress report.

Did I just trigger you like six times in a single post? That's gotta be some sort of high score. Why don't you move to a foreign country and decide not to learn the language or customs and see how that turns out. I'll wait here for your progress report.
    I live in an area where there's lost of acculturation... you know people with multiple cultures co-existing. so... progress reprot says.. GOOD.

What's the problem with the Russian guy?